Couch Co-Op games for PS4

AncLEoniX

Alright so to start off with, not sure if this topic has already been started somewhere. I tried looking earlier but didn’t have any luck finding what I was looking for. 

Min trying to find some good games that are couch co-op for PS4 that me and my girlfriend can play. Currently we play stuff like Diablo 3 and Minecraft. Yet can’t really seem to find a lot of games we both enjoy playing together. I also have stuff like Gauntlet, Don’t Starve Together, and Vikings. Really looking to hear of any games that support couch co-op. I know Black Ops 3 does, but not sure if any of the other CODs or Battlefields do. Any help/tips would greatly be appreciated.  

Lego games are always a good start lol. I would suggest A Way Out but I think that's online co-op only, so it can't be local. (Correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't had a chance to play the game yet) - Little Big Planet 3, Oh Sir The Insult Simulator if you fancy throwing insults at each other. Rocket League it you like football or cars (cos it's both mashed together) - Unravel 2 is couch co-op I believe too. 

I'll leave it at that for my input for now. I'll probably suggest more if I think of any. :P 

-Broforce

-Risk of Rain (Pretty sure this can be locally played)

-Badland

-Foul Play (Personally recommend this one especially)

-Resogun (Another I'm pretty sure)

-Mecho Tales

-Magicka 2 (This is another great one imo)

-Enter the Gungeon

-Don't Starve Together

Edited by Bojuka76

Well my girlfriend doesn't play games on her own but we have played quite a few games together that we both enyojed. Here a short list: 

• Overcooked and Overcooked 2
  • Octodad: Deadliest Catch (This gives 2-3 hours of fun, but it's otherwise meh..)
  • Guacamelee! and Guacamelee! 2 (These two games are super fun in co-op... recommend 100%!)
  • A Way Out
  • Child of Light (meh..)
  • Unravel Two (Great game, though if you wanna go for the plat I'd recommend doing the speedruns alone)
  • Gauntlet
  • Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

Some other games that you could look into -- but that I haven't yet played -- are: 

• The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
  • Wolves of Midgard
  • Divinity, Original Sin 2
  • Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
  • Phantom Trigger
  • Victor Vran
  • Helldivers
  • Alienation

I'll add Dead Nation and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1& 2 to the list

Also, i can confirm all 3 Trine games can be done couch coop

@AncLEoniX food for thought: if you guys enjoy gaming together, you might want to consider setting up 2 TVs & consoles and playing online together. Plenty of games with good online coop and plenty of free MMO types

Edited by AJ_-_808

I also recommend many of games above this thread. But I’d like to recommend Melbits World, it’s a local co-op PlayLink game.

In this one, you lead cute characters to the end of the level and you use the mobile devices to control platforms, blocks and other mechanics.

If you wanna go for the platinum trophy, only two trophies require you to have 3 and mobile devices around, everything else require only two devices. Everything can definitely be done alone with two devices, but I really recommend to go through all levels once and do the “3 devices” and “4 devices” trophies with at least a friend or a family member.

It’s an easy platinum to get and will take around 10-13 hours... it’s a truly underrated title, I and another player are the only platinum achievers.

Edited by Max654