Will the trueachivments walkthrough work for getting the plat

Its going to be missing the PS3 and DE version stuff. I wouldnt use that.

Instead use the Asbel_Lhant walkthrough over at Gamefaqs (its been updated since the DE release) and the Collectibles guide on this site, which you can find in the PS3 version trophy guide.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/241013-tales-of-vesperia-definitive-edition/faqs/76752

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/4335-tales-of-vesperia-collectibles-guide

Edited by Godwulf_MTL

4 minutes ago, Godwulf_MTL said:

Its going to be missing the PS3 and DE version stuff. I wouldnt use that.

Instead use the Asbel_Lhant walkthrough over at Gamefaqs (its been updated since the DE release) and the Collectibles guide on this site, which you can find in the PS3 version trophy guide.

I'm just afraid I'm going to miss something vital when using text guides and trueachivments has a good format that pretty much says exactly when I need to prepare and when I should get the trophy but the gamefaqs one unless really recently updated kinda just says do this at some point far in the future and I'll get it and by the time I get far enough I've forgotten to try or so I feel will happen. I really wish guides for all games was more in the full walkthrough format or have the option mainly for super tedious trophy lists where it's easy to screw up

1 minute ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I'm just afraid I'm going to miss something vital when using text guides and trueachivments has a good format that pretty much says exactly when I need to prepare and when I should get the trophy but the gamefaqs one unless really recently updated kinda just says do this at some point far in the future and I'll get it and by the time I get far enough I've forgotten to try or so I feel will happen. I really wish guides for all games was more in the full walkthrough format or have the option mainly for super tedious trophy lists where it's easy to screw up

I had no issue so far with the Gamefaqs guide, side events are all listed at the earliest time possible, ive missed none of them and im almost done with my plat. Also i paired it with the Collectibles guide here, eveything missable is marked in red, i used it mainly for enemies and save points.

On 6/2/2019 at 10:29 PM, Taliesin_2943 said:

Then use what I use: Kouli's Sub Event Guide.

It will make sure you don't miss any sidequest stuff, and if you need to steal a unique item from a boss it will let you know.

It will not tell you if a regular enemy is missable, but as long as you use Magic Lense on every new enemy you see, you should be fine. If you happen to miss any regular enemy you can get them during the "speedrun", there is lots of time for detours.

I like that guide because it lets me play the game while telling me in few words when I should stop to go do some sidequest stuff.

The DE has no new content over de PS3 version, so it is complete.

And as the other user mentioned, you can use the collectables guide here when you are cleaning up your lists after finishing the game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2019 at 5:46 PM, AndresLionheart said:

Then use what I use: Kouli's Sub Event Guide.

It will make sure you don't miss any sidequest stuff, and if you need to steal a unique item from a boss it will let you know.

It will not tell you if a regular enemy is missable, but as long as you use Magic Lense on every new enemy you see, you should be fine. If you happen to miss any regular enemy you can get them during the "speedrun", there is lots of time for detours.

I like that guide because it lets me play the game while telling me in few words when I should stop to go do some sidequest stuff.

The DE has no new content over de PS3 version, so it is complete.

And as the other user mentioned, you can use the collectables guide here when you are cleaning up your lists after finishing the game.

I applaud you, whenever I had trouble with this game I just went straight for your comment in these threads :D bravo :D 

1 hour ago, Johnathan994 said:

I applaud you, whenever I had trouble with this game I just went straight for your comment in these threads :D bravo :D 

I'm glad to have helped. I just want more people to try out this game and to not be spooked by the platinum.

I'm currently doing this plat again on 2 accounts, so I will have the whole thing fresh again in my mind in a few weeks.

I'm also recording the plainum playthrough of my main account to have it for the future, lol.

It's just one of those games I love enough to play it this many times.

• Like 1

Quick question about the Kouli sub event guide. Planning on starting this game but I’m not in the mood to follow multiple guides at the same time so I want to do a semi blind playthrough. If I just follow this guide on my first playthrough will I need to do it again on my second one? Or can I inherit this from the grade shop? 

22 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Quick question about the Kouli sub event guide. Planning on starting this game but I’m not in the mood to follow multiple guides at the same time so I want to do a semi blind playthrough. If I just follow this guide on my first playthrough will I need to do it again on my second one? Or can I inherit this from the grade shop? 

You can inherit pretty much everything, including the power unlocked versions of the weapons that scale off of kills.

The second playthrough you don't need it anymore and can just blast through the game for the speedrun (and maybe some regular enemy if you missed any).

So, yeah, that guide is perfect for a semi blind playthrough.

• Like 1