Meow Motors Trophy Thoughts?

MidnightDragon

It looks like a really great time. I'll take any kart racer, but one with cats? Sold. 

The trophies look pretty nice too. There's nothing online from what I could see, which is nice. 

I'm more worried about the pricing. It's $30 on Steam in my neck of the woods, so that probably means $40 on PSN. That's the same price I'll be paying for Crash Nitro Kart. I can't justify both on my budget so no cats for me. 

24 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

So, I just played and platted the game - it's a very, very easy plat, as you can do everything on the lowest difficulty, which makes the AI useless and almost guarantees easy wins on all tracks. Can be done in around 4 hours even if you're not skilled at racers, like me.

The trophies are all either related to winning all tracks with 3 stars, or using powerups, which can easily be done on Strike mode and won't need any additional work specifically on them, as long as you keep them in mind as you go through the career mode. The only trophy that requires you to actively try for is "Drift Master", but even that isn't difficult if you wait until one of the later courses with higher time limits. The drifting is kind of weird to get used to though, but once you are, the score is easy enough to achieve.

There aren't a whole lot of tracks though (and other than the visuals, they all basically play the same), but at $15, I'd still say it was worth it. It does have split screen, which is nice, as I like playing kart racers with my brother and sister when they visit. And they, like me, both love cats, so we'll probably be playing this split screen very soon!

Thanks for the review. It's $20 here in Ca, so it's gonna go on my wait for a sale list at this point I think. Definitely will be watching for it though!

24 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Thanks for the review. It's $20 here in Ca, so it's gonna go on my wait for a sale list at this point I think. Definitely will be watching for it though!

Yeah, to be honest, it probably is better waiting for a sale. If I didn't have people to play split screen with, I don't think it would really have been worth the full price. It is quite fun for what it is, it looks quite nice, and most importantly it has cats, my main gripe is that all the tracks are quite easy and feel similar to each other, and there aren't very many of them.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

So I’m the only one that had trouble with the drifting trophies??? Whatever ???. It’s definitely not a spam game, it looks great and plays smooth. Some of the translations are funny but nothing terrible. Something I consider a fairly easy plat as well as something I can play with my kids, couch coop, that won’t ruin my completion percentages. Not bad for 15$. Tracks are repetitive but my daughter liked the Christmas and Halloween themed tracks. 

• 4 months later...