Ghost Survivors DLC (FREE)

MiamiNights89

7 hours ago, wackt1 said:

ReEeEeEeEeEeEe ThE rEmAke Is NoT 100% iDenTicAl To ThE oRiGiNaL tHeReFoRe iT's A bAd ReSiDeNt EviL gAmE. I wOnDeR wHy It'S cAlLeD a ReMaKe AnD a ReImAgInIng

I don't know why you quoted me. I wasn't talking about the original. I've never played the original. I was just talking about how it's weird that A and B routes still fight the same bosses sometimes and stuff like that. Like "hey shouldn't someone have been through here by now?"

• Like 2

It's interesting that some of this could well be canon easily enough if they wished, though it does establish stuff even in those that aren't.

Kendo - Only thing holding this back is that he dies in the OG. The chopper pilot though... it would appear to me that it is Barry. Barry in 3 appears in a chopper and also he is a gun nut as we know, likely good friends with Kendo. I guess... we'll see in the RE3 remake, if when Barry shows up Kendo is with him then yeah, this'll be canon which... sure, I have no issue with it.

Katherine - Her being dead/killing the Chief means this can't in anyway be canon. Does establish a relationship between her and the reporter though.

Ghost - This one can easily be canon and it is even left open ended so we don't know if he is dead or not. I'm thinking he could even be that "Agent" in RE6 they added that you use if you play her mode in co-op. Still no explanation on how Ada survived her fall (hookshot is the only thing that makes any sense) but her taking it off a guy who got it when it fell makes her having it make a bit more sense.

Police guy - Obviously not.

Interestingly Paleheads only show up in the 2 that clearly cannot be canon.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 2/14/2019 at 2:05 PM, Ptirle said:

Don't worry about it man.  For some reason it's impossible for most people these days to read anything more than 140 characters that isn't in txt speak with dozens of smilies and then actually comprehend what they just read.  It's very obvious what you were talking about.  I've yet to play the remake, but I played the original many, many, Many times growing up, absolutely loved it, and I completely understand your point.  You were quite clear that your gripe was with the fact that in the original your first playthrough of Claire/Leon affected your environment and the bosses you faced and where you faced them.  Then on the subsequent playthrough as the other character, things had changed as a direct result of your first playthrough, most notably the boss battles.  In the remake, it appears that this isn't the case, that playing as the other character is considered more of a separate replay of the game, and not a consequential playthrough based on the first.  To me, this is not something to praise.  It sounds like the devs - despite making a fun game - were too lazy to do what the original devs managed to do decades ago, and they did it with a 2 disc system and individual save slots on a tangible memory card!  The point you made of the lore and consistency not adding up, versus the other argument of simply 'is the game fun?' are two mutually exclusive points.  I look forward to playing the remake at some point, but I'm sure that will bug me too, even if I do end up enjoying the game itself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matto_lsi said:

Don't worry about it man.  For some reason it's impossible for most people these days to read anything more than 140 characters that isn't in txt speak with dozens of smilies and then actually comprehend what they just read.  It's very obvious what you were talking about.  I've yet to play the remake, but I played the original many, many, Many times growing up, absolutely loved it, and I completely understand your point.  You were quite clear that your gripe was with the fact that in the original your first playthrough of Claire/Leon affected your environment and the bosses you faced and where you faced them.  Then on the subsequent playthrough as the other character, things had changed as a direct result of your first playthrough, most notably the boss battles.  In the remake, it appears that this isn't the case, that playing as the other character is considered more of a separate replay of the game, and not a consequential playthrough based on the first.  To me, this is not something to praise.  It sounds like the devs - despite making a fun game - were too lazy to do what the original devs managed to do decades ago, and they did it with a 2 disc system and individual save slots on a tangible memory card!  The point you made of the lore and consistency not adding up, versus the other argument of simply 'is the game fun?' are two mutually exclusive points.  I look forward to playing the remake at some point, but I'm sure that will bug me too, even if I do end up enjoying the game itself.

i played re2 original 4 times right before the remake was released and i honestly dont know what the issue is with “consistency”. 

a few things changes in route b for claire and leon in the original and there are even inconsistency issues in the original that makes no sense. so why people get riled up over the remake missing a proper route b, baffles me. if anything, the reason they left it out in the remake is because the differences isnt that huge.

im a huge fan of the original, one of my first ps1 games and i never had any issue with the remake leaving out content. all route b is in the original is nothing more than filler. it was a huge thing back in the 90s, but fast forward 2019 and its really nothing significant.

if anything, before i replayed it again, i remembered how cool the b routes were and all that, then i replayed the game and realised how similar route b is to route a. yes a few key characters and an extra boss here and there... thats it. it changes nothing. all of that is made up for in the remake anyway, making route b obsolete.

Edited by UlvenFenrir
  • Like 1