Thoughts on the game and its trophies

IDiivil

Saw this game pop up on the store yesterday but the trophy list only apperaed here a few moments ago. Looks like a fun and short little glass puzzle game that's probably a sub 30min platinum once someone makes a guide. Hell, even the store description advertises that the game as having a platinum trophy.

Still, trophies aside, game looks like a fun short distraction you spend an hour or two max on. Kind of like a visit to an art gallery, but you also get a platinum out of it. Price is 11.95eur though so it probably won't be an instant buy for everyone.

I also quite like the trophy images on this game, as each puzzle is represented by a country and you get the flag for clearing each country's respective puzzle.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Seems no timed base trophies .. Thats a good thing ... I can enjoy each puzzle at my own speed!! 

Absolutely. I'm playing it right now. It's great that it's not timed but the puzzles do have a fair amount of difficulty. There are hints at the beginning to get you started at least. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IDiivil said:

Saw this game pop up on the store yesterday but the trophy list only apperaed here a few moments ago. Looks like a fun and short little glass puzzle game that's probably a sub 30min platinum once someone makes a guide. Hell, even the store description advertises that the game as having a platinum trophy.

Still, trophies aside, game looks like a fun short distraction you spend an hour or two max on. Kind of like a visit to an art gallery, but you also get a platinum out of it. Price is 11.95eur though so it probably won't be an instant buy for everyone.

I also quite like the trophy images on this game, as each puzzle is represented by a country and you get the flag for clearing each country's respective puzzle.

Fun yes, short no. 

Takes about 10-15 mins per puzzle and there are 25 of them. Took me around 5-6 hours to complete from beginning to end. 

Its very relaxing as it has a timer but there’s no pressure or requirements to go fast. Unlike normal jigsaw puzzles, you’ll be matching the shapes rather than the images due to the abstract nature of the art. 

Heres the review view I did yesterday: http://www.gamepitt.co.uk/glass-masquerade-ps4-review/

6 hours ago, turniplord said:

Fun yes, short no. 

Takes about 10-15 mins per puzzle and there are 25 of them. Took me around 5-6 hours to complete from beginning to end. 

Its very relaxing as it has a timer but there’s no pressure or requirements to go fast. Unlike normal jigsaw puzzles, you’ll be matching the shapes rather than the images due to the abstract nature of the art. 

Heres the review view I did yesterday: http://www.gamepitt.co.uk/glass-masquerade-ps4-review/

So 5-6 Hours are Long? 

• Like 1

Oh, I wasn't really just suggesting it was another easy platinum game. I genuinely liked the way the game looked and thought it'd be a nice, relaxing experience that's not too long. I guess my standards are a bit outdated since I still consider around 5 hours a fairly short game.

Also, I couldn't agree more with the idea that games shouldn't be judged based on their trophy lists. As such, it wasn't my intent to merely highlight the game as another potential source of easy trophies, even though I extrapolated that it could be a pretty fast list if it can be done with a guide (still not sure about that).. I just thought it looked nice and deserved a more meaningful discussion than the usual "trophy thoughts" or "another easy platinum" thread. Could have clearly done better in communicating that sentiment though.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

Oh, I wasn't really just suggesting it was another easy platinum game. I genuinely liked the way the game looked and thought it'd be a nice, relaxing experience that's not too long. I guess my standards are a bit outdated since I still consider around 5 hours a fairly short game.

Also, I couldn't agree more with the idea that games shouldn't be judged based on their trophy lists. As such, it wasn't my intent to merely highlight the game as another potential source of easy trophies, even though I extrapolated that it could be a pretty fast list if it can be done with a guide (still not sure about that).. I just thought it looked nice and deserved a more meaningful discussion than the usual "trophy thoughts" or "another easy platinum" thread. Could have clearly done better in communicating that sentiment though.

In terms of someone making a guide, it might be a little confusing in terms of what pieces are which but despite this, I'm personally planning to do one. Aside from that, the puzzles themselves are pretty good, varying difficulty is a good feature and the idea behind the game is fairly unique so it'll be a game I recommend playing but not all in one go as it might get tedious. Just my 2 cents. :) 

I have played this game and it is infuriating that the trophies don't pop half the time. I have done all 25 puzzles, but, again, the trophy did not pop. This then locked me out of the last trophy before the platinum. This will now be the third time I will have to play this throughout to get the platinum.

Oh, to top it off, my first attempt, I did get the trophy after completing all 25 puzzles, the trophy data wouldn't update. So I deleted the save file and did it again. I have proof that I managed to get that trophy and I have the image for that. Wheres me platinum? (mumble, grumble)

15 minutes ago, amano78 said:

I have played this game and it is infuriating that the trophies don't pop half the time. I have done all 25 puzzles, but, again, the trophy did not pop. This then locked me out of the last trophy before the platinum. This will now be the third time I will have to play this throughout to get the platinum.

1 minute ago, amano78 said:

Oh, to top it off, my first attempt, I did get the trophy after completing all 25 puzzles, the trophy data wouldn't update. So I deleted the save file and did it again. I have proof that I managed to get that trophy and I have the image for that. Wheres me platinum? (mumble, grumble)

I've played through this game twice (on 2 separate accounts) and no trophy issues whatsoever. You must've just been unlucky. 

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...