Boosting Sessions ads

Ghobimon

Am I the only one who has problems with people who create boosting sessions solely to promote their discords claiming they have tons of people interested in boosting said game but then you join and find out no one out of the 300+ people who also got baited are interested in boosting the same game as you?

(Yes no commas long sentences its a movement google it)

13 minutes ago, Ghobimon said:

Am I the only one who has problems with people who create boosting sessions solely to promote their discords claiming they have tons of people interested in boosting said game but then you join and find out no one out of the 300+ people who also got baited are interested in boosting the same game as you?

I've seen some people promoting their discord channel under boosting sessions. My advice is to join their channel and see if you can find somebody interested. If not, just leave the server.

Yeah, there is one specific dude which is spamming sessions atm with invites to his server, you join and there is literally no one interested, but there is a room created. It was a big shame to be jebaited like that, but what can you do other than report and wait for the mods to deal with that? That's what I've been telling people to do. IMO it's unethical to lie to people in order to achieve your personal fame/glory goals, but each to their own.

• Like 2

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough, I'm not refering to the discords where the host creates them for the sole purpose of ease of communication for the session.

I'm talking about discords with 300+ people where their admins go around creating sessions for a bunch of popular games, just to advert the discord in it, they're not trying to boost at all, they're just claiming they have people who want to boost, but in the end its just a bait for you to join their discord.

I see there's mixed opinions, I can just ignore them but it just gets annoying, hence the rant. 

7 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Yeah, there is one specific dude which is spamming sessions atm with invites to his server, you join and there is literally no one interested, but there is a room created. It was a big shame to be jebaited like that, but what can you do other than report and wait for the mods to deal with that? That's what I've been telling people to do. IMO it's unethical to lie to people in order to achieve your personal fame/glory goals, but each to their own.

Exactly my thoughts, that specific dude is starting to become quite annoying at this point. 

1 hour ago, ResoluteRock said:

Nope, never had this happen before. I’ve participated in many boosting sessions in the past (and even one recently), and I’ve never had that happen once. Maybe it’s just more of a recent thing?

Definitely a recent thing. And like Yuri said, it's one specific guy I just didn't want to name and shame.

4 minutes ago, Ghobimon said:

Exactly my thoughts, that specific dude is starting to become quite annoying at this point. 

If this brings any comfort to your heart, you aren't the only one annoyed with this. Someone else created a thread about this just yesterday, I think.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ghobimon said:

Yes, I deleted a lot of these a day or two ago - message me on the forums if you see more in the future :P 

19 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Yes, I deleted a lot of these a day or two ago - message me on the forums if you see more in the future :P 

So are we not allowed to link to discords anymore then?

Cause boosting some games like Overwatch kinda makes discord needed since the psn party has a player cap.

Edited by Stargazer2600

14 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

So are we not allowed to link to discords anymore then?

Cause boosting some games like Overwatch kinda makes discord needed since the pan party has a player cap.

You're allowed to link to a discord if it's a preferred mode of communication for a session, or anything like that.

What's not allowed is making a Session just to say "Join our Discord" without an actual session taking place, or posting in the comments of other people's sessions saying "Join our discord" (Basically using the sessions page to spam advertise a Discord server)

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

You're allowed to link to a discord if it's a preferred mode of communication for a session, or anything like that.

What's not allowed is making a Session just to say "Join our Discord" without an actual session taking place, or posting in the comments of other people's sessions saying "Join our discord" (Basically using the sessions page to spam advertise a Discord server)

Completely agree, thank you for being aware.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlindMango said:

I gotcha :) Normally I use the psn party chat but sometimes its either not working or the player cap is exceded.