Do you do trophy milestone celebrations?

PrimeTime101

1. What I mean by this: when you reach a trophy number of significance (25, 50, 100, 500) do you make it memorable as one you will want to remember for all time?

I definitely do. 

Number 100 was my favorite game at the time: Dead Space.

200 was my favorite PS4 game at the time: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. 

250 was my favorite at the time as well: Persona 5. 

2. If you do, why do you do it? If you don't, why not?

I understand if you don't think trophies are all that important (why are you posting on this site to begin with lol).

I personally feel like they keep things exciting and make collecting the trophies more enjoyable in the long run.

Plus, I love looking back on what I did years ago and reminiscing. 

• Like 2

I love Far Cry. I am now trying to get to the 2000 trophy so my 2000 trophy would be FC5 - beat the game on the infamous mode, and also 50th platinum to be Far Cry New Dawn.

I do it because these games I realy love story, mechanics and everything. They mean to me, so why wouldn't they be also on my milestones.

Edited by Rakinho993

12 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Number 500 for me will be The Evil Within. I have every trophy except Akumu mode.

Oooooooo not looking forward to it. 

Evil Within its a great game. 50th plat on my milestones. As for akumu mode its hard but not impossible. Just look in the psn store for a free dlc pack of bolts-there should be a fire bolts. They are a great help when you have a final fight with that crawling woman boss. Anyway have fun and good luck

Edited by DarthDeathscythe

Yes, I try to. I'm rather new to PSNP (and haven't really been gaming on Playstation since PS2 and the early PS3 era), so I haven't reached that many yet. I did make sure Life is Strange: Before the Storm was my 10th plat, and I plan for the original Life is Strange to be my 20th, as it is one of the most profound gaming experiences I've ever had.

I'm not gonna bother with the XXXth trophy milestones, except the 1337th one. It could be fun to find a fitting trophy for that.

Dunno what my 30th plat will be, maybe Alien: Isolation. I really enjoyed that game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harley Quinn said:

No, because every time I plan one for an awesome trophy I mistakenly pop some insignificant trophy in its place

This.  I tried to get the Healer trophy for my 2500th, but I misunderstood what popped it and got the thief trophy instead.  In my defense, it sounded like I needed to learn all the skills, not just get it to Lv99.  That being said, I am going to try for "One For the Books" for my 3000th trophy.

Edited by Ilzaki
  • Like 1

Sure I celebrate! I get a stripper and some coke... oh wait, you meant something else. xD 

Well, I love motorsports so I make every 10th plat come from some kind of racing game. However those milestones don’t show after a while. 

I didn’t plan any of my other milestones except my 4000th which is not all that special and I planned it at 3998. :P 

• Like 1

Before I started visiting this site regularly in more recent times and realized the milestones, I wasn't paying attention! I opted for an Ultra Rare plat for my 100th, and I went with Flame Over. Going forward, I will definitely be paying better attention around the milestones and will plan accordingly!

I still somewhat regret platinuming WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010 as my first platinum when I'd probably would have rather platinumed Half-Blood Prince as a Harry Potter fan in its place at the time which I did days after or even inFAMOUS, and I got my 25th platinum as Amazing Spider-man 1 unaware they did milestones and just really underestimated how quickly I could get platinums, but once I got to 50, I wanted to make Uncharted 4 my 50th since it's my favorite modern franchise, for 75th I got Crash Bandicoot Warped from the N. Sane Trilogy since that was my first video game back in the day, and really I would have gotten The Last of Us: Pt. II for #100 but I continued to get platinums more often than I thought that there was no better candidate given the timing than Kingdom Hearts III to be #100 just given its reputation of being one of the most anticipated titles of all time in waiting too long for it and being the end of an era. Probably won't do any more milestones going forward now that I've hit my first hundred, but Uncharted 4, Crash, and Kingdom Hearts III were worth it.

I've only done this twice so far, both for platinum milestones, which i also ended up making nice even trophy numbers.

I was participating in a Platinum Rain Day and GTAIV was one of the games I working on. Ended up being able to work that into being both my 4,000th trophy and my 50th platinum.

I was really happy about being able to do that because GTAIV was the first game I ever played on PS3, and "Off The Boat" was the very first trophy I ever earned on my account.
My 100th Platinum was Resident Evil 7 and I managed to work that out as also being my 7,000th trophy.

Definitely something I will try to keep up in the future, but probably only for the big plats. Maybe I can try and pair up platinum 150 with trophy 10,000 or something like that? I guess we'll see when the time comes.

I have thought about trying to get all my milestones to at least be games I really enjoy, but have never really bothered following through with it. I'm usually more focused on just getting what I'm playing at that moment completed and trophy milestones just come and go without me planning ahead too much at all. But I do think it's a great idea!