About Battle Royale's

Bairuto

I'm a big fan of Titanfall 2 so trying this out was a no-brainer, and the few hours I played last night were great I think it looks and feels great especially for a free game. However I've never tried a battle royale game before till this one, and from personal preference at least, I think this game could've been even better if it didn't include every typical setup mechanic you find in the genre. I really enjoy multiplayer shooters and play a lot with my best mate, but I just can't get behind the intial loop of these games dropping with nothing and possibly finding trash weapons and gear, get killed within 2 minutes of dropping and then having to get into a new game.

But that's just my opinion, I do like some mechanics like picking up better gear I just wish you started with something, the closing circle I like as well. Regardless I haven't tried many free to play games but this one seems to be very polished for what it is, let me know if you think the gameplay loop is perfect or there's something else you would prefer.

I'd say this is the best BR experience I've had from those I've played. The ping system is incredibly well designed and particularly useful for playing with randoms. Dropping also allows you to land with your teammates, which you can coordinate in other games, but there are times where somebody might drop too far off and end up getting picked off relatively early on or they might ping one location and drop somewhere entirely different.

The revive mechanic is also great because it allows players to have a chance to return to the game rather than have no reason to stay in the game after dying. Abilities seem pretty balanced so far and there's nothing that stands out to me as particularly op. As for gear, every location you visit indicates the tier of loot you're likely to find. So far, I haven't dropped in a situation where I didn't have a means to defend myself.

Overall, I'd say this is really polished for a F2P title and Respawn's done a great job so far.

• Like 1

I definitely agree, the ping system is fantastic and every class seems diverse in abilities but nothing completely better than the rest. I haven't won a game yet, played 12 I think, but I've come 2nd twice and third twice so getting pretty close, but I can see myself playing this a lot more, exceeded my expectations for sure.