Guide of the Year Awards 2018 - Results!

BlindMango

1 hour ago, BlindMango said:

Exceptional Quality Upkeep

Great examples of writers that stuck around and listened to what readers had to say and continuously improved their guides.

1. :gold: - Shenmue Trophy Guide by StacFace92
  2. :silver: - Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match Trophy Guide by hasegawa2010

Sorry, but, why is that? I believe Shenmue's guide won because people commented on his guide and he was adding the info to his guide, however, if the guide were more complete from the start, like the second place's guide, it would be less prone to receive such suggestions. Way I see it, the more incomplete the guide, more likely it is to receive suggestions. The road-map just redirects to trophies descriptions instead of having the descriptions written on each step (to keep you from opening multiple tabs). Demon Souls' guide is a great example of guide which I never had to scroll down to see trophy descriptions.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Neyaru said:

Sorry, but, why is that? I believe Shenmue's guide won because people commented on his guide and he was adding the info to his guide, however, if the guide were more complete from the start, like the second place's guide, it would be less prone to receive such suggestions. Way I see it, the more incomplete the guide, more likely it is to receive suggestions. The road-map just redirects to trophies descriptions instead of having the descriptions written on each step (to keep you from opening multiple tabs). Demon Souls' guide is a great example of guide which I never had to scroll down to see trophy descriptions.

Just glancing at them- even a month after submitting their guide, Shenmue's author responded to messages within 24 hours, sometimes within 12. All the other points you bring up about the road-map wasn't relevant to this specific category at all. 

Congrats everyone! I've only used the Monster Hunter trophy guide so far. I can't wait to use the others! I'm sure every guide that won here is exceptional though. I love every trophy guide addition to this site. :) 

• Like 4

Congratulations to everyone, those are really great and hard-worked guides. Exceptional walkthrough guides are of an amazing quality that may had been unnoticed without this new season categories.

Also, i’m glad I actually got to sent my guide within time, and i’m looking forward to team up this year (maybe when I have some time without college) to write great guides as these ones.

• Like 2

Great job to everyone, didn’t win anything this year but maybe i’ll cook something up for next time. 

To the guide team: Has there been any conclusions on the new category system? Any possible tweaks and changes you might implement for the next awards such as adding/removing/rephrasing categories?

• Like 1