Ghobimon

Tetris Effect Trial free for the weekend

25 posts in this topic

The free trial version starts tomorrow and is available up until 11th Feb

 

EUROPE

US

 

 

Edited by Ghobimon
Clarity / US Link added
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice, they are trying to tempt more people into buying that beautiful 10/10 difficulty platinum.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Nice, they are trying to tempt more people into buying that beautiful 10/10 difficulty platinum.

 

It’s not a 10/10. Maybe an 8, 9 tops.

Though rather selling a 10/10 dif plat in a beautiful masterpiece game than an 2/10 dif plat in a broken cash-grab “game”.

Edited by TurtlePM
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a frickin demo, it's not "going free to play for the weekend". It's a demo.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For every player with little to no Tetris experience it is absolutely a 10/10. getting the SS times and score on sprint and ultra is extremly difficult.

Edited by Fleks_Mhteam
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh, I got the game for $20 during Black Friday. I’m good. And this is for the demo. 

Edited by kidson2004
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

It's a frickin demo, it's not "going free to play for the weekend". It's a demo.

It's a limitless demo, it's not the same. It's the same as when Overwatch or Rainbow Six Siege goes F2P for a weekend.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

It's a limitless demo, it's not the same. It's the same as when Overwatch or Rainbow Six Siege goes F2P for a weekend.

Ah that makes sense. I’m good regardless, but good for those who wanted to give this a try. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Have you done sprint SS rank? Please don't waste your time disagreeing with me before you do. You haven't even achieved player level 100 yet. If you have done sprint SS before that, then either you are a tetris veteran/tryhard or you don't know what you are talking about.

 

I had the same discussion about that mode lately. That person said they were nice giving us +10 seconds to SS, considering Tetris Ultimate :D

 

Dude, have you even tried the game? LOL do you have any idea how many hours it takes to reach level 100? Or even do 1million rotations?!

 

And yes, I’m disagreeing with you because you don’t know what you’re talking about. If people are veteran like you call them, they spent hours playing Tetris. I “never” played Tetris, but I already spent 40h in the game. I thought I would never get most of SS, but I only have 6 remaining, including Sprint. The time I reach level 100, I might get all SS ranks.

 

Are you expecting to play the game for a few minutes and get your first SS? In that case, most of the games are 10/10 -_-

 

 

I’m trying to platinum Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 atm, spending hours in each level. Though I can say it’s a 10 difficultly... if I had spent the same hours in a level in Tetris like I’m doing with Pac-Man, I’d already have the platinum :D

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

 

I had the same discussion about that mode lately. That person said they were nice giving us +10 seconds to SS, considering Tetris Ultimate :D

 

Dude, have you even tried the game? LOL do you have any idea how many hours it takes to reach level 100? Or even do 1million rotations?!

 

And yes, I’m disagreeing with you because you don’t know what you’re talking about. If people are veteran like you call them, they spent hours playing Tetris. I “never” played Tetris, but I already spent 40h in the game. I thought I would never get most of SS, but I only have 6 remaining, including Sprint. The time I reach level 100, I might get all SS ranks.

 

Are you expecting to play the game for a few minutes and get your first SS? In that case, most of the games are 10/10 -_-

 

 

I’m trying to platinum Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 atm, spending hours in each level. Though I can say it’s a 10 difficultly... if I had spent the same hours in a level in Tetris like I’m doing with Pac-Man, I’d already have the platinum :D

What’s your Sprint time? Most SS ranks in the game are easy — but the ones that aren’t (Sprint, Ultra) are very much difficult if you haven’t played Tetris for years. That’s where the 10/10 for the average player comes from.

Edited by JD-D2
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

Dude, have you even tried the game? LOL do you have any idea how many hours it takes to reach level 100? Or even do 1million rotations?!

 

And yes, I’m disagreeing with you because you don’t know what you’re talking about. If people are veteran like you call them, they spent hours playing Tetris. I “never” played Tetris, but I already spent 40h in the game. I thought I would never get most of SS, but I only have 6 remaining, including Sprint. The time I reach level 100, I might get all SS ranks.

 

Are you expecting to play the game for a few minutes and get your first SS? In that case, most of the games are 10/10 -_-

Yeah, I've played on my friend's house, but tetris is not really my thing, so I don't think it matters either way.

 

Reaching level 100 takes a very long time, but building up the skill for completing sprint takes way longer. My friend was level 100 several weeks before pulling off SS rank on Sprint, which he did yesterday. It's really difficult, but i guess you haven't put enough effort to realize that yet. Ultra and Sprint are the hardest SS to earn in the game, everything else is doable within a week or two of practice, if you are a new player.

 

I seriously doubt you will get all the SS ranks before level 100 if you are a new player. I would bet 20$ on PSN if you did, but know how easy it is to shareplay or give the account to someone, there is no current way to warrant that it was you that earned the trophy, so i'm not gonna bother. You don't know what you are getting into. The % for this game is no joke.

 

And no, I don't expect to play anything for a few minutes and get good at it. Took me several months to platinum Super Meat Boy because skill building is important and no amount of videos can help with that, only time and practice, both things you will need to complete tetris.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

And yes, I’m disagreeing with you because you don’t know what you’re talking about. If people are veteran like you call them, they spent hours playing Tetris. I “never” played Tetris, but I already spent 40h in the game. I thought I would never get most of SS, but I only have 6 remaining, including Sprint. The time I reach level 100, I might get all SS ranks.

 

You have the Puyo Puyo Tetris plat done well before Tetris Effect though.  I wouldn't expect anyone to get a 15 combo done within their first two days of playing Tetris Effect with 0 experience either.  4 wide well combo setup is a fairly advanced technique and it took me some time to master it.  I wasn't capable of anything more than standard Tetris builds for several weeks when I started.  It took me 300 hours to get my sprint down to 1:10 over the course of 3 months and my first ever sprint on Tetris Effect was about 2:50.  Tetris skill gain is not linear though and everyone is different, but I personally found it very hard.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Yeah, I've played on my friend's house, but tetris is not really my thing, so I don't think it matters either way.

 

Reaching level 100 takes a very long time, but building up the skill for completing sprint takes way longer. My friend was level 100 several weeks before pulling off SS rank on Sprint, which he did yesterday. It's really difficult, but i guess you haven't put enough effort to realize that yet. Ultra and Sprint are the hardest SS to earn in the game, everything else is doable within a week or two of practice, if you are a new player.

 

I seriously doubt you will get all the SS ranks before level 100 if you are a new player. I would bet 20$ on PSN if you did, but know how easy it is to shareplay or give the account to someone, there is no current way to warrant that it was you that earned the trophy, so i'm not gonna bother. You don't know what you are getting into. The % for this game is no joke.

 

And no, I don't expect to play anything for a few minutes and get good at it. Took me several months to platinum Super Meat Boy because skill building is important and no amount of videos can help with that, only time and practice, both things you will need to complete tetris.

 

This is what I wanted you to say. That’s a 10/10 and I congratulate you for that platinum (honestly). I would NEVER do a platinum like that, neither Injustice or Wolfenstein II. I’m not talking about skill here, skill is something that comes in time. Those games have a specific trophy that obliges you to stay focused for several minutes in row, without failures. That’s above Skill, it’s a something God Like in a game. And yes, take this as an honest complement because that’s what it is.

 

Tetris is a different case from these titles, that’s I insist this is not a 10. There is one particular mode extremely hard, but it only lasts 1 single minute. If you fail, you restart and try again. You need to practice your movements, when to drop and to clean lines fast. You’ll learn in time. My standard time was 2 minutes, I focused for 3h and reduced that time to 1:35. I wasn’t nervous anytime while playing... while other games like Injustice (the only from the list above I’ve started in this account) makes me nervous just by starting the first round, now imagine for 30min... or 5h like Wolfenstein :o 

 

There’s already some players that have done all SS in the game (considering the total number of players, it’s not a few group of expert people), they just don’t have the platinum yet.

 

Finally, for the record, I never used Share Play and I don’t deal well with people that use them - my friend list was cleaned recently because I saw a lot of Share Playings. You don’t need to bet, in time, that platinum will be there ;) Pac-Man was in backlog because one last trophy for 2 years that I always said I wouldn’t do. It’s almost done now, I’m writing a detailed trophy guide to publish here soon. It will be my 200th platinum :) maybe one day you’ll see a similar guide of Tetris Effect with my name on it :)

 

 

52 minutes ago, Elegy said:

 

You have the Puyo Puyo Tetris plat done well before Tetris Effect though.  I wouldn't expect anyone to get a 15 combo done within their first two days of playing Tetris Effect with 0 experience either.  4 wide well combo setup is a fairly advanced technique and it took me some time to master it.  I wasn't capable of anything more than standard Tetris builds for several weeks when I started.  It took me 300 hours to get my sprint down to 1:10 over the course of 3 months and my first ever sprint on Tetris Effect was about 2:50.  Tetris skill gain is not linear though and everyone is different, but I personally found it very hard.

 

Yes, I was one of the first to platinum that game (maybe the first without turbo controllers). I bought it for Puyo Puyo, I was addicted to Dr Robotnick Mean Bean Machine when I was a kid. I played much more Puyo then Tetris, but most levels with Tetris were easy to complete with the simple Back-to-Back (something I learned from this game) :D 

And yes, I also did that trophy. Maybe not in the first few days because I had to write a review about it, but yeah, it was one of the first. I just watched several times the same video from other Tetris games to learn some strategies to get the 15 combo, replicated and after few tries, I got it. Just start a slow mode (chill marathon or the first journey level) and get the trophy done, no big deal.

Edited by TurtlePM
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

It's a limitless demo, it's not the same. It's the same as when Overwatch or Rainbow Six Siege goes F2P for a weekend.


This time-limited Trial Version is just a small taste of what to expect from the full game: 30+ infinitely replayable Stages in the main 'Journey Mode' campaign, and over 10 other 'Effect Modes,' with enough game variations to suit every mood and skill level.
This is a direct quote from the store under weekend demo. 

Demo, not free to play. 

I'll assume it's the exact same demo from launch week.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yowzagabowza said:


This time-limited Trial Version is just a small taste of what to expect from the full game: 30+ infinitely replayable Stages in the main 'Journey Mode' campaign, and over 10 other 'Effect Modes,' with enough game variations to suit every mood and skill level.
This is a direct quote from the store under weekend demo. 

Demo, not free to play. 

I'll assume it's the exact same demo from launch week.

I stated it's a limitless demo. It should allow you to play about every mode in there pretty much without limits. If a demo bothers you this much, you can buy the game on sale right now as well. if you have no interest in the game, you can just walk away from the thread too.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheYuriG said:

I stated it's a limitless demo. It should allow you to play about every mode in there pretty much without limits. If a demo bothers you this much, you can buy the game on sale right now as well. if you have no interest in the game, you can just walk away from the thread too.

Wtf is a limitless demo? And you never stated that anyway, you tried to tell me it's free to play, as in, the whole game is free to play for the weekend. I'm showing you that isn't correct. It's a limited demo, most likely the exact same one as before. 

If it bothers you to be corrected, you can just walk away from the thread...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yowzagabowza said:

Wtf is a limitless demo? And you never stated that anyway, you tried to tell me it's free to play, as in, the whole game is free to play for the weekend. I'm showing you that isn't correct. It's a limited demo, most likely the exact same one as before. 

If it bothers you to be corrected, you can just walk away from the thread...

I didn't say it's free to play, i said it's LIKE when rainbow six siege and overwatch do when they go free to play. A limitless demo is when you don't have a certain moment to stop, modes aren't locked away from you nor you have some sort of lives/attempts system that will stop you from playing when they reach zero. Hope it's more clear now and you have no further misunderstandings.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

Wtf is a limitless demo? And you never stated that anyway, you tried to tell me it's free to play, as in, the whole game is free to play for the weekend. I'm showing you that isn't correct. It's a limited demo, most likely the exact same one as before. 

If it bothers you to be corrected, you can just walk away from the thread...

 

If it’s like the demo that was available before the game released, you can only access the first area from journey and one of the modes. Although, the classic mode available is Marathon, the main mode in a Tetris Game. You can play that mode forever without limits, clearing all the lines without any restriction, so @TheYuriG is right about it. Other demos will limit certain stages and asks you to buy the full game to continue playing and access other modes. They didn’t changed the mode, it’s not limited, what you play is what you get in the game (or any other Tetris game).

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Y'all need to be in politics with all the ridiculous spin you're putting on this. 

 

This is a piece of the game. This is not the entire game, free to play for the weekend. It is SOME of the game. Holy shit.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

Y'all need to be in politics with all the ridiculous spin you're putting on this. 

 

This is a piece of the game. This is not the entire game, free to play for the weekend. It is SOME of the game. Holy shit.

 

Yeah, this is right.  I just played the demo and there's lots of modes and stuff locked.  It was pretty much what you'd expect from a demo.  If you play it expecting it to be a full game or limitless I think you're going to feel misled...

 

The game looks like it would be a good challenge, but it's basically tetris with extra modes and stuff like combos (how much extra stuff... I can't really say since it's not possible to see it all in the demo).  It looks and sounds great, but I'm not looking to pay $30 or more for this right now, maybe later if it's cheaper.  We'll see.

 

In any case, it's nice to see Tetris still going strong.  :)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dmland12 said:

 

Yeah, this is right.  I just played the demo and there's lots of modes and stuff locked.  It was pretty much what you'd expect from a demo.  If you play it expecting it to be a full game or limitless I think you're going to feel misled...

 

The game looks like it would be a good challenge, but it's basically tetris with extra modes and stuff like combos (how much extra stuff... I can't really say since it's not possible to see it all in the demo).  It looks and sounds great, but I'm not looking to pay $30 or more for this right now, maybe later if it's cheaper.  We'll see.

 

In any case, it's nice to see Tetris still going strong.  :)

I found all the graphical effects to be nothing but distracting. They don't add anything, it just makes shit harder.

 

Have you tried Challenge Mode? Probably the most unfair mode I've ever played in any game. Not one "surprise" is beneficial to you. It's all bad.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

I found all the graphical effects to be nothing but distracting. They don't add anything, it just makes shit harder.

 

Have you tried Challenge Mode? Probably the most unfair mode I've ever played in any game. Not one "surprise" is beneficial to you. It's all bad.

 

 

That isn't true, you can get all clear, speed lvl 1 and gold tetriminos which provide 2x bonus score as beneficial effects.  My SS run of mystery mode... i got like 3 or 4 all clears I think which gave huge amounts of points at speed lvl 15.  It isn't very difficult to get the SS on it once you can play at speed lvl 15 without ever dying.  You can also flip your controller upside down or sit upside down for the reversed effect which makes nothing difficult at all to deal with except sometimes you'll get garbage at the bottom of your stack in combination with a huge block that can be problematic.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Elegy said:

 

 

That isn't true, you can get all clear, speed lvl 1 and gold tetriminos which provide 2x bonus score as beneficial effects.  My SS run of mystery mode... i got like 3 or 4 all clears I think which gave huge amounts of points at speed lvl 15.  It isn't very difficult to get the SS on it once you can play at speed lvl 15 without ever dying.  You can also flip your controller upside down or sit upside down for the reversed effect which makes nothing difficult at all to deal with except sometimes you'll get garbage at the bottom of your stack in combination with a huge block that can be problematic.

Oh shit, I never got ANY of those! I was probably not playing well enough to earn them, I guess : ( 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.