NG+ officially confirmed for this month!

Pirelli913

Saw this earlier, but I kinda hope we can change characters. They probably won't allow it since they'd have to code it to make one of the legendary armor sets automatically switch. I don't remember which one but it depends on your character's gender.

What my biggest hope is, is that they make it so future DLC overrides NG+ and will allow you to play at any point and you won't have to work your way through the story again if you restarted and stopped, or restarted later than a lot of people and the DLC drops shortly after.

2 hours ago, Valtekken173 said:

Well, Origins didn't have one and NG+ was added post-launch, so there isn't gonna be one in Odyssey.

Not necessarily true, but a NG+ trophy in this game would be brutal.  Not only is it pointless (looking at you Spider-Man), but it's a very long game to play again to get the same outcome.  If there were branching paths and different endings then maybe, but the story plays out the same each time.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game...I've put 160 hours in to it already and I'm still not done with the second episode of the DLC. But I don't think I have any reason to replay the whole game again...so I too hope there won't be a trophy for NG+...I know Origins didn't get one, but this is the same company that added one to Far Cry 5...so you never know.

NG+ is great for people who want it, but I'm still enjoying my original playthrough.

25 minutes ago, SirShavesALot said:

Not necessarily true, but a NG+ trophy in this game would be brutal.  Not only is it pointless (looking at you Spider-Man), but it's a very long game to play again to get the same outcome.  If there were branching paths and different endings then maybe, but the story plays out the same each time.

Spider-Man's was good, it got you used to the game again right on time for DLC. Odyssey's would be a pain because it's 60hr and higher levels do jack shit to shorten that time.

17 minutes ago, Viper said:

ut this is the same company that added one to Far Cry 5...

yeah get ready for a hardcore difficulty new game plus or some shit...This is why I don't buy games with season passes anymore until many years later. 1. it's cheaper then 2. I don't have to deal with DLC shit anymore.

Far Cry 5 was the last time.

48 minutes ago, SirShavesALot said:

There are different endings based on your choices. While I wholeheartedly disagree with that concept in an Assassin's Creed game, it is there for this one.

Honestly, I'm not excited about a new game plus.

It's such a huge game and I would like to keep my world as it is... explored and conquered! ^_^

I just want new content for it!

(so I too, hope there's no new trophy for it)

Edited by SGRevan

The NG+ in Spider-Man went fast if you just ignored the side-stuff, but having to go thru tutorials all over again was kind of pointless. NG+ in Odyssey wouldn't be too bad, but some of the chapters are pretty long, specially the one in the middle when you have to do multiple side-quests just to finish one of three main quests.

Seems a lot of people aren't happy it's getting NG+. I'm the type of person that loves NG+, though I probably won't touch Odyssey's NG+ for a while, at least not until all the content in the season pass is released. If a game has great story, game play and diversity to it, as well as adding something new in NG+, I'll probably enjoy it. Not gonna lie, I found Spider-Man's NG+ boring and only beat the main story for the trophy. Speaking of, I really hope this doesn't have trophies. I doubt it will, but you never know. If you're gonna spend $60 (or more) for a game, might as well savor it.

On 2/7/2019 at 10:04 PM, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Saw this earlier, but I kinda hope we can change characters. They probably won't allow it since they'd have to code it to make one of the legendary armor sets automatically switch. I don't remember which one but it depends on your character's gender.

What my biggest hope is, is that they make it so future DLC overrides NG+ and will allow you to play at any point and you won't have to work your way through the story again if you restarted and stopped, or restarted later than a lot of people and the DLC drops shortly after.

Got my wish. :D It was confirmed that we'll be able to switch characters for the NG+.

I don't know if I'll do this until after all the DLC episodes have been released though. Simply to keep everything with my first character. (although I could just go back to her save slot.)

Also, we're getting another level cap increase. 99 from 70.

On 2/9/2019 at 0:06 AM, Pirelli913 said:

Seems a lot of people aren't happy it's getting NG+. I'm the type of person that loves NG+, though I probably won't touch Odyssey's NG+ for a while, at least not until all the content in the season pass is released. If a game has great story, game play and diversity to it, as well as adding something new in NG+, I'll probably enjoy it. Not gonna lie, I found Spider-Man's NG+ boring and only beat the main story for the trophy. Speaking of, I really hope this doesn't have trophies. I doubt it will, but you never know. If you're gonna spend $60 (or more) for a game, might as well savor it.

Just wanted to say I love your signature. I played that game legit and mostly with randoms - first time I ever had to grind out multiplayer levels for a trophy....

2 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Got my wish. :D It was confirmed that we'll be able to switch characters for the NG+.

I don't know if I'll do this until after all the DLC episodes have been released though. Simply to keep everything with my first character. (although I could just go back to her save slot.)

Also, we're getting another level cap increase. 99 from 70.

I was hoping this would be an option before the game was even released and before I knew NG+ wasn't initially included. But I dunno if I'd wanna switch now. I've grown too fond of Kassandra. As to an increased level cap, I haven't even reached the previous increase of 70. I'm like only 59. I'm not complaining, though. If I ever do NG+, I should reach the cap eventually. But I won't touch NG+ until all DLC has been released first.

7 minutes ago, ONUOsFan said:

Just wanted to say I love your signature. I played that game legit and mostly with randoms - first time I ever had to grind out multiplayer levels for a trophy....

Thanks! ?

5 minutes ago, Pirelli913 said:

I was hoping this would be an option before the game was even released and before I knew NG+ wasn't initially included. But I dunno if I'd wanna switch now. I've grown too fond of Kassandra. As to an increased level cap, I haven't even reached the previous increase of 70. I'm like only 59. I'm not complaining, though. If I ever do NG+, I should reach the cap eventually. But I won't touch NG+ until all DLC has been released first.

We've been level 70 for a while now. Master level 12 or 13...would have been way higher if that bullshit 1million+ exp hadn't been a thing before master level points were brought down to 100K.

I'm torn on switching characters too, at least until I finish all of the episodes. I don't care for going after each ending since I don't support it, but I'd like to play as Alexios just because and having all of my upgrades and such I'd love to tear through the game. :D