Mirror's Edge 2 Will Be Open World

Mirror's Edge is my favorite game of this gen and my most anticipated sequel for video games ever.

I am wary of this news. "open-world action adventure game" ?

Mirror's Edge was the only game ever that could be described as a "free running game", there are loads of games that can be described as "open world action/adventure".

I guess I'm the only person who doesn't get excited by the open world concept tho. I feel the same way about MGS5. To me open world basically translates into "we padded the playtime by letting you spend half your in game time running around from mission start point to mission start point" ... but you know "exploring" is so much more fun than doing objectives...but you know...who needs to beat speedruns and time trials when you could go around finding collectibles...the pinnacle of trophy design...

Heh, sorry I sound kind of krusty, it was obvious Mirror's Edge needed to evolve in some ways if it was going to be successful, I just hope it doesn't stray too far and turn into something like Sleeping Dogs.

• Like 3

Mirror's Edge is my favorite game of this gen and my most anticipated sequel for video games ever.

I am wary of this news. "open-world action adventure game" ?

Mirror's Edge was the only game ever that could be described as a "free running game", there are loads of games that can be described as "open world action/adventure".

I guess I'm the only person who doesn't get excited by the open world concept tho. I feel the same way about MGS5. To me open world basically translates into "we padded the playtime by letting you spend half your in game time running around from mission start point to mission start point" ... but you know "exploring" is so much more fun than doing objectives...but you know...who needs to beat speedruns and time trials when you could go around finding collectibles...the pinnacle of trophy design...

Heh, sorry I sound kind of krusty, it was obvious Mirror's Edge needed to evolve in some ways if it was going to be successful, I just hope it doesn't stray too far and turn into something like Sleeping Dogs.

I agree with the trophy design thing, but I still really like the thought of an open world free running game. 

No, but thanks for the myocardial infarction! :(

I don't believe so. The teaser trailer didn't state what system(s) it is coming out for but I'd assume if it were exclusive it'd say so. 

Parker

Ok thank you for clearing that up guys. I am too busy to watch E3 coverage myself and am relying on Gaming news chanels on Youtube to tell me all the big things at E3 last i heard it was an X1 exclusive but I am glad that is not the case since as amny people as possible should be able to play a good game without restricions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...