Time has come

OverHypedG

Hi guys,

I am so excited to buy my new vita in about couple days when paycheck arrives. Saw the device, fell in love. Really must have. I am contacting you because there is almost impossible to buy new ps vita, what should be my main concerns into buying it? What should I look and be careful of ? Thanks

5 minutes ago, Rakinho993 said:

Hi guys,

I am so excited to buy my new vita in about couple days when paycheck arrives. Saw the device, fell in love. Really must have. I am contacting you because there is almost impossible to buy new ps vita, what should be my main concerns into buying it? What should I look and be careful of ? Thanks

if cannot get new. try to get one that is in good or very good condition. the less used the better. think the only bad thing would be the controller sticks going out much more than the vita console itself.

3 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

And try and get a 32GB memory card for it, holds more space for games that way.  You can get by with a 16GB one as well, but the 32GB would be the better option.

Definitely this. Also they're stupidly expensive. And on the note of space, get physical cartridges if you can. Vita game downloads will eat up space really fast. However, cartridges generally don't take up much space at all. So really you can only get away with a smaller memory card if you go all physical.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

And try and get a 32GB memory card for it, holds more space for games that way.  You can get by with a 16GB one as well, but the 32GB would be the better option.

there is a 64 gb one too but it's only available from play asia or amazon japan

• Like 3

When you get the Vita, make sure to login in with it with your psn account before getting any trophies. There seemed to be a date stamp issue with trophies earned before the device was connected to the net. There are a lot of Welcome Park trophies with bad time stamps as a result. Don't know if this issue was ever corrected or if I'm 100% correct on the cause but it would be worth connecting to psn correctly before getting any trophies, imo. Have fun!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

there is a 64 gb one too but it's only available from play asia or amazon japan

Huh, didn't know about that, as I believe my Vita only has a 32GB card in it.  But that's good to know for others if they really wish to get a 64GB one.  But yeah, 32GB should still very much suffice, despite being a bit pricey :)

The Vita's an underrated console, has awesome games and many are still coming even today

1-The memory cards are the biggest issue imo, they're still expensive even today
it's recommended to get a 16 GB one, an 8 GB one is fine as well, but it'll be filled quickly, a 4 GB one will be filled even quicker and some games won't fit because of how big they are (Killzone and Skullgirls won't fit for example)

2-many games still come even today, but there's less variety when compared to other playstation consoles, it has mainly japanese games and indie games (tho most of them are good)

that's it, have fun you won't regret it/

30 minutes ago, Metal Slime King said:

make sure to login in with it with your psn account before getting any trophies. There seemed to be a date stamp issue with trophies earned before the device was connected to the net. There are a lot of Welcome Park trophies with bad time stamps as a result. Don't know if this issue was ever corrected or if I'm 100% correct on the cause but it would be worth connecting to psn correctly before getting any trophie

11 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Huh, didn't know about that, as I believe my Vita only has a 32GB card in it.  But that's good to know for others if they really wish to get a 64GB one.  But yeah, 32GB should still very much suffice, despite being a bit pricey :)

They also sell 64GB ones second hand in the UK. Although it's £70 for one in CEX. xD  https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail?id=4948872413596&categoryName=ps-vita-accessories&superCatName=gaming&title=playstation-vita-64gb-memory-card - They sell all other sizes too though. 

my way to combat the limited space issue with using an 8 and 16 GB card is whenever i finish/platinum a game i back it up on a laptop. you can also back games up on a PS3. or if you're a PS+ user you can back-up the save and delete the game. that 16 GB card a few years ago was between $40-$50. i only keep a couple of games on mine at a time. so it depends on how you'd want to go about it, if you'd like to have most/to all on a card to play at a time you'll need the 64 GB.

greatest hand held of all time however IMO, especially if you're at all an anime fan. so many underrated gems. plus trophies.

Edited by RJP_X

There’s two versions of the Vita and both have their pros and cons. I picked the first one which was heavier but had a better screen (I think? I did some research back then and that was my conclusion anyhow). I will add my voice to thise saying you need a 32Gb memory card if you have a certain number of games. Some are tiny (50Mb range), but jrpgs tend to be around 3Gb. Add a few mid-range games, and it’s hard to go by on an 8 or 16Gb card unless you really focus on a handful of games at a time. I currently have 63 games on my 32Gb card.

If you juggle games, I would also recommend getting PS+ to back up your saves as, unlike the PS4, removing a game will also delete its save.

It’s a great machine with tons of good games (despite weird rumours to the contrary) and truly amazing battery life. Enjoy!