is magnum upgrade worth it

melodicmizery

doing a run on hardcore (leon a) and thinking of avoiding getting it as i mat that point and mr x wont leave me alone and i dont want to use a ink ribbon. does it make it more powerfull or do anything besides putting a red dot on it? i usually save all my magnum and ammo strictly for the end but havent finished a hardcore run yet. the police station was the red dot right?

Edited by melodicmizery

5 minutes ago, FearForDignity said:

Barrel is always worth grabbing, I personally skipped the laser sight every run after my first. 

yah i ended up skipping the red dot, i forgot you go back to the spot after the mr x run when your in the sewers. i was a bit mixed up. so i grabbed the barrell and left the red dot behind because i didnt want to lose more time and iddnt know if lickers were still there

do you know if the barrell does more damage or what exactly it does?

26 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

do you know if the barrell does more damage or what exactly it does?

Yes, the in-game description of the Long Barrel says it makes the weapon deal more damage, it also says it makes it recoil less.

• Like 2

Sight doesn't just make it faster, it makes it instant if it's the red dot that I think it is. I wouldn't bother going back to the police station to get it or the flamethrower x400 canister (you get enough flamethrower in the gun by default to deal with the Ivys). Though, you may want to take the elevator back at least as outside it is 5 Magnum ammo I think it is, then go right back to the sewers.

• Like 1