Having to play challenges 3 times for them to complete.....

Quink666

I never loaded in any of these cases only saved the game. Still i get a pop up on screen that the challenge has been completed but post game i dont get the reward for them and they are no longer checkmarked. Only solution do far is to do them 2-3 more times.

Is this pos game really this buggy?

Just did a game where i completed 6 challenges 2 of which were 5k challenges but only got 1 completed post game...

Edit: For anyone else having this problem there seem to be a solution. Save game right before exit then load it and complete the mission ans the challenges should unlock.

Worked for me so far. But im expecting alot more bugs before i reach 100% in this horrible game.

Edit 2: Escalation and level 20 mastery trophy didn't pop either. Thankfully i made a back up save since i expected more trouble from this pos.

Edited by Quink666

4 hours ago, TehUberCheezCatz said:

The reloads only count in 2, in hitman 2016, i remember having to do fresh full runs for everything to count properly 

ok. I got 4 challenges to work when i reloaded. But now trophies refuse to pop. Should have gotten the escalation trophy and mastery trophy for sapienza.

For you fresh runs did you have to delete all save data?

Edit 1: Reloaded my game for the 3 rd time tonight and now the mastery trophy popped but not the escalation one.

Thing is i had no such problems on the paris map, everything there worked as intended.

Edit: 2 Done 3 escalations now and still no trophy. Deleted all saves and tried again. Still nothing. Thank god i didn't pay for this game.

Edit 3: Did an escalation on marrakech and hokaido and neither trophy unlocked.....

No idea why the fuck no escalation trophy works. Can't reset progress/Escalation challenge either since the save is server side so all escalation mission i have completed are forever completed.

Edited by Quink666

6 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

Are this game's trophies glitchy? I need to confirm this before I start playing. I'm a longtime Hitman fan (since the PS2 era). :)

I've not gotten 3 trophies so far. All escalation trophies. Tried everything in the book for about 7-8 hours. Sapienza, Marrakech & Hokkaido trophies won't pop. Mastery trophy might glitch on you aswell. No way to reset progress since that is saved server side. So if you get fucked on a trophy you are very fucked indeed.

Game itself runs just fine. Onlyproblemseems to be progression based trophies and escalation. 

But if you dont care about your % and like hitman you should probably go for it.

Edited by Quink666

30 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

I've not gotten 3 trophies so far. All escalation trophies. Tried everything in the book for about 7-8 hours. Sapienza, Marrakech & Hokkaido trophies won't pop. Mastery trophy might glitch on you aswell. No way to reset progress since that is saved server side. So if you get fucked on a trophy you are very fucked indeed.

Game itself runs just fine. Onlyproblemseems to be progression based trophies and escalation. 

But if you dont care about your % and like hitman you should probably go for it.

I love Hitman, and condemn glitchy trophies. :D

2 minutes ago, StuGunn5 said:

I got 100% in Hitman 1 twice and Hitman 2 and I never had a single problem with challenges or trophies. This is far from a POS game.  Maybe you should just delete it and play something else. Perhaps something where the main character whines a lot so you'll be able to relate to them.

wwell lucky you, ofc i whine when i game thats over 2 years old has glitched trophies, and im far from alone in experiencing this trophy glitches.

Nice to see you insult just to defend a game. lol. glhf in life.

4 minutes ago, DerelictSoul said:

I haven't had a single problem either, as a matter of fact, most of my mastery 20 trophies popped before even heading towards the exit to end the mission....weird you're having so many issues, maybe delete and re download

Have done 3 Sapienza, 1 Marrakech and 1 Hokaido escalation mission now and not gotten a single trophy.
I have replayed these mission, i have reset these mission but no progress.
I have ofc done all 5 levels of them. 

Reinstalled the game, Deleted save data (Challenges are saved server side). Rebooted the game and the console, gone offline then onlnie. Reinstalled the game with only the 1 expansion i am playing.

Waited in the game and main menu for a very long time. Just played some other mission hoping it would pop. 

25 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

wwell lucky you, ofc i whine when i game thats over 2 years old has glitched trophies, and im far from alone in experiencing this trophy glitches.

Nice to see you insult just to defend a game. lol. glhf in life.

Or maybe you should just relax. I didn't actually insult just pointed out a bit of whining. If you took it as an insult then that's on you.

7 minutes ago, StuGunn5 said:

Or maybe you should just relax. I didn't actually insult just pointed out a bit of whining. If you took it as an insult then that's on you.

I don't need to relax, have been relaxed all night. I'm just annoyed that a AAA developer can't squash trophy bugs in a game that's been out for 2 years. No need to point out if someone is annoyed and whines at something that gives them reason to. But thanks for the advice, really helpful.

On the other hand from all the threads (found about 50 of them) i read about these glitches you might get lucky and have the trophy pop at a random time weeks later when playing the game.

So that's my best bet.

I don't know anything about this for sure but I had a popup when my wi-fi cut out that if I chose to continue the mission offline challenges wouldn't unlock so maybe you had a blip with your net / don't have a great connection in general and that's related to stuff not unlocking. Like you don't disconnect from servers entirely but the game struggles to keep track while you're playing.

Pretty dumb if that is the reason but it's all I can come up with... :P

1 hour ago, HellcoreFire said:

Don't want to be that guy but I didn't have all these problems too. Are you sure it's the game's fault?

As said a quick google search and i found several other people with the same issue. But never a fix.

All other trophies pop as they should. No problem on my end.

The closes ti got a know what caused this is the servers. Escalation trophy pop when the challenge is shown post game. It never shows for me. But i can see it is completed with a checkmark after a game restart. Same with not all challenges popping after i completed Sapienza.

Escalation can't be done offline. For some reason all challenges that are done in game does not always show in the post game. Escalation have  a challenge attached to them and the trophy pops at the post game screen when you recieve it.

Alot of other people have experienced that aswell. Both in hitman 2016 and the hitman 2016 maps in hotman 2.

It's across all platforms and not just PS4.

Edited by Quink666

33 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

As said a quick google search and i found several other people with the same issue. But never a fix.

All other trophies pop as they should. No problem on my end.

The closes ti got a know what caused this is the servers. Escalation trophy pop when the challenge is shown post game. It never shows for me. But i can see it is completed with a checkmark after a game restart. Same with not all challenges popping after i completed Sapienza.

Escalation can't be done offline. For some reason all challenges that are done in game does not always show in the post game. Escalation have  a challenge attached to them and the trophy pops at the post game screen when you recieve it.

Alot of other people have experienced that aswell. Both in hitman 2016 and the hitman 2016 maps in hotman 2.

It's across all platforms and not just PS4.

I see you're from Sweden so you probably have one of the best/fastest internet connections in the world. So yeah, then it probably is a server issue that wasn't a problem in 2017 yet. So, the issue might be pretty recent, they might be working on a fix at the moment. Have you left a message on the official blog?

9 hours ago, HellcoreFire said:

I see you're from Sweden so you probably have one of the best/fastest internet connections in the world. So yeah, then it probably is a server issue that wasn't a problem in 2017 yet. So, the issue might be pretty recent, they might be working on a fix at the moment. Have you left a message on the official blog?

Yeah my internet should not be an issue at all. i have a solid 100/100 and never expereienced any issues like throttling and the like.

Gonna give it another try today and hope it works.

Repayed a already completed escalation now and the trophy popped. No idea why. Maybe it because i only have Hitman and Sapienza installed atm. Or the server are working as intended today. All challenges seem to pop without a re load of a save. Just gotta check if Marrakech and Hokkaido also works today.

22 hours ago, TehUberCheezCatz said:

The reloads only count in 2, in hitman 2016, i remember having to do fresh full runs for everything to count properly 

That's not true.

You can reload a save that's literally finished, meaning you only need to escape the stage and everything you completed since your last completed mission will be counted.

• Like 1