Rate this game 1-10 in terms of how boring it is

kerck11

It depended how far you're in the game in my opinion.

First few hours was 4/10, If I didn't know it's GOTY I wouldn't believe it. Then I was completely sucked in and the rate changes to 1/10.

For chapters 5-6 (after you land on Guarma) it's 3/10, but I was still interesed how the story will go. John epilogue was completely unnecessary IMO and I'd be content to see credits rolling while Arthur lies and stares at the sun, so for epilogue it was again 4/10. Still pretty entertaining though. About 2 hours after finishing epilogue I've abandoned the game and don't plan to come back. As far as online goes, I only completed the introduction, so I don't rate it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

The game in honestly one of the most overrated games of all time.  There are some great things about it but there is a lot of things that are awful as well.  I'd give it a 4 or 5 out of ten.  Boring story, clunky character movement and controls.  Awful cover system.   The online plays horribly.  What are these free roam events?  I spawn in and am immediately surround by enemies in all directions getting shot before i can even get my bearings.  People are killing everybody rather than killing the person on the objective.  what makes it worse is Rockstar is so bull headed thinking they know whats best they don't listen.  they make no changes.  Only reason this game has an online base is beause of the sheer amount of people who listened to the reviews and bought the game.  When I look at my fiends list 20 or so people were playing this in the beginning and I never see any of them on it anymore because the online is that pathetic.  I just came back to the game myself because I'm running out of stuff to play until exodus drops next week and it has been a slow struggle.  Sure the intelligence of the AI around the world of RD2 is astonishing and groundbreaking but it takes much more than that to make a game feel like a great play.  They make immersion feel too much like going to work at a dead end job.  It becomes a grind and frustratingly so.  The heavily scripted missions with no sandbox approach is boring as the story.  I have to approach each mission exactly how Rockstar wants me to because God forbid I use this massive open world to exercise a freedom of choice on how I want to approach a mission.  If I don't follow the yellow mission script precisely it's mission failed.

RDR 1 has the best multiplayer.RDR 2 multiplayer is a let down,The strory was great probably the best this generation.

• Like 1

The first playthrough was amazing (mind blowing world, hunting was highly addictive, well done characters, ok story), but I would never ever do it again.

Online killed it for me, just horrible (waiting for patches...).

but is the sp boring? sometimes while grinding the animals maybe... sooo 2/10. before that 0/10

I'm not going to rate the online part because beta

yes, rdr2 is overhyped and overrated, but it is still impressive in so many ways

• Like 2

Don't get butthurt if I tell this game is so boring. I'd rather play Super Smash than this not to mention the online part and thank fuck this didn't win the GOTY award.

Microtransactions, grinds(worse than GTA online but I enjoyed that game than this piece of crap),everything is slooooooow af and too realistic and if realism is what Rockstar is after then I'd rather cook a piece of steak or work in a stable

4 hours ago, FresHOnline_ said:

i hope to god they dont come with sum dumb online dlc trophies in the future 

Fuck online, I'm done with that and I'm not coming back unless Rockstar stupid bullshit trophies

14 hours ago, J3dP89 said:

The first playthrough was amazing (mind blowing world, hunting was highly addictive, well done characters, ok story), but I would never ever do it again.

Online killed it for me, just horrible (waiting for patches...).

but is the sp boring? sometimes while grinding the animals maybe... sooo 2/10. before that 0/10

I'm not going to rate the online part because beta

yes, rdr2 is overhyped and overrated, but it is still impressive in so many ways

Story missions are great but outside missions, so boring

On 2/9/2019 at 4:14 AM, NaseemJohn said:

Typical topic that pops up everytime a game receives high praise. Stating that it's either overhyped or very boring without providing any constructive criticism. Nothing to see here people move along. 

Don't get triggered just because I pissed on your bonfire. You enjoyed this shit, I didn't.

17 hours ago, sashamence said:

It depended how far you're in the game in my opinion.

First few hours was 4/10, If I didn't know it's GOTY I wouldn't believe it. Then I was completely sucked in and the rate changes to 1/10.

For chapters 5-6 (after you land on Guarma) it's 3/10, but I was still interesed how the story will go. John epilogue was completely unnecessary IMO and I'd be content to see credits rolling while Arthur lies and stares at the sun, so for epilogue it was again 4/10. Still pretty entertaining though. About 2 hours after finishing epilogue I've abandoned the game and don't plan to come back. As far as online goes, I only completed the introduction, so I don't rate it.

Nearly done with the challenges and 25 gold missions more then I can finally delete this game

• Like 4

2 hours ago, waldiphil said:

Sometimes, it is hard for me to accept the opinion of some other people.
Even if just on the internet. Guess we are just different, and tastes are different...

Howdy 1f609.png

Its only my opinion anyway, can't blame other people if they love this game

• Like 1

There’s valid points on either side, I’m only on chapter 2 and get the feeling that this is a long slow burning game which will appeal to some people but not to others. It’s definitely very high quality and is enjoyable if you have enough time on your hands. It doesn’t feel so good if you only play for an hour or so each day because you won’t feel any progress compared to other games.

• Like 1