Rate this game 1-10 in terms of how boring it is

kerck11

9/10, played it on the One. Extremely repetitive game. AI acts identically between enemies so you simply use the same tactics every fight. Hard to give any praise to a game when it's bread and butter provides the player with no stimulation.

Online is just sad...

Edited by VigilantCrow
  • Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 8:14 PM, NaseemJohn said:

Typical topic that pops up everytime a game receives high praise. Stating that it's either overhyped or very boring without providing any constructive criticism. Nothing to see here people move along. 

Inb4: Sekiro is highly over rated and isnt as good as souls thread

Imo: RDR2 was boring for the first 5 to 8 or so hours and after that I was hooked the game was like a long amazing movie and less of a game and I loved it.

Edited by iGGTheEnd
  • Like 2

On 09.02.2019 at 6:20 AM, MidnightDragon said:

I can't comment on single player yet, but online is 10/10. There's nothing to do! And there's a high chance you'll get killed by griefers.

Online is not yet launched. I ll play this amazing game for years. Thank you R*

• 5 months later...

I enjoyed the story and I like the fact that every random encounter is unique but that is about it! I like that they expanded the map with new interesting areas while still keeping the old areas - even if you don't visit them in the story. Fast travel? Is that fast... you still have to ride around for ages anyway so there's not much point in using it. Loading times ? The horse slows and nearly comes to a stop when you pass a random encounter - if I want to stop I'll stop you don't need to try and force me to do it. When riding through forest areas and you try to go left past a tree, NO you can't - the game tells you as it pushes you to the right instead. So while you are pushing left and the game is pushing you right you crash into the tree. The amount of times this has happened is infuriating.

Now the most annoying part of this game COLLECTIBLES, wtf! I'm pissed off studying animals, catching fish and collecting flowers FUCK OFF! And after collecting all this crap the game makes you do it all again in the challenges - taking the piss or what? I think Rockstar have a bet going to see how many morons will platinum this piece of shit. I've spent days studying animals so I'll continue and finish the rest of the collectibles otherwise it's all been a waste of time. While I loved the story I've really grown to hate this game!

Enjoyment: 1/10

Boring:      10/10

• Like 3

On 2/9/2019 at 8:51 AM, steel6burgh said:

quit reading forums of any sort then.  This is what they are opinion pieces that state an argument in which people tend to chose either side.  Don't complain and bitch about forum posts then continue to read them.  If they bother you read a newspaper or something. Stick to professional gamer reviews.  This is how forums work whether it's here or FB.  The person who comes along and judges a post as cancerous and writes a paragraph about it being so is no better then the original post.  So your response to pointless is pointless?  A bit hypocritical to charge a post with being argumentative and then jumping in and arguing about it. 

I totally agree with everything you just said and am very glad to see that someone else sees things as I do. In reality, forums are basically nothing more than opinion polls. It is an educational tool for the openminded to see a given subject from "different" perspectives. This is where true learning takes place. An individual can not ever hope to obtain knowledge or even wisdom until they first learn to listen. People are not carbon copies of each other. To verbally attack and condemn someone because their opinion is different than yours is hypocritical. An indication of a bigoted thought process.

As for this game; in my OPINION, the art work, graphics, open world design and the realistic animal behavior and movement was outstanding. An easy 5 stars. Weapon capabilities, limitations and movement was not realistic. Give it 2 stars. The hunting and fishing wasn't bad. Give it 4 stars. Capturing, breaking and the bonding process with wild horses wasn't that bad but the horse behavior during grooming was lacking and even seemed too mechanical at times. The only horse I found realistic was the wild white Arabian. Give it 4 stars. The monetary system on both wild and domestic horses was totally unrealistic. give it 1 star. The overall story line was poor at best. The story didn't flow. It seemed lifeless and boring and totally failed to keep my interest in it.I seriously believe a high school creative writing class could have and would have done a better job. I would have to give it a 1/4 star. 3 things totally ruined this game for me; 1. The massive collection of seemingly endless Easter egg hunts. 2. The overall generally hateful attitudes of both main characters and AIs was far from the truth for this time period. 3. The overly excessive grinding requirements totally destroy any incentive to continue. I keep playing the game in hopes of finding some redeeming qualities in later chapters but to be honest, I only see it getting worse. Would I recommend this game to anyone? No. I would have to warn them against it. My overall rating for this game is 2 stars.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, cuckie said:

This thread is so toxic lmao, but I love it so im gonna add my rating:

10/10 boring as hell

I was super disappointed with this game, I wanted some good action and lots of shooting this game might as well be called Horse Riding simulator 2.

No fast travel (well kinda), need to sleep, eat and drink, can't ride your horse fast for very long even with a good horse same with running on foot, need to pull your weapons from your horse all of this stuff was just unnecessary and extremely tedious, RDR 2 doesn't have a smidge on other open world games rockstar made like RDR 1, GTA 4 / 5, also none rockstar games like Fallout and Skyrim, I would put all those games at a 1/10 for reference.

The trophy list is awful too, missable trophies in games like this :(

I'm nearly loving it rn cause I'm replaying the whole game but only gold medals, I'm done with 100% so yeah, I'm focusing on story and medals atm

• 3 weeks later...

EDIT: Oh sorry, I mean in terms of how shi**y this game is yeah it's a solid 8/9 out of 10. World is too big, horrible grind, boring as hell travelling on an empty field makes me wanna throw my controller out of the window, cheesy dialogs, story is a huge whatever, the only good thing about this game is graphics, but it seems Rockstar focused on that aspect so hard they forgot about everything else and that games are supposed to be fun experiences not your second cyber-matrix-boring-farmer life substitute. I was a huge RDR 1 fan and still am, but games nowadays are going in a very bad direction, the PS3 was a king in comparison to the PS4, but to each their own I guess.

Edited by n0t-Y0uR_F4ther2
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 21.8.2019 at 9:03 PM, HOGIE838IRE said:

I enjoyed the story and I like the fact that every random encounter is unique but that is about it! I like that they expanded the map with new interesting areas while still keeping the old areas - even if you don't visit them in the story. Fast travel? Is that fast... you still have to ride around for ages anyway so there's not much point in using it. Loading times 1f634.png The horse slows and nearly comes to a stop when you pass a random encounter - if I want to stop I'll stop you don't need to try and force me to do it. When riding through forest areas and you try to go left past a tree, NO you can't - the game tells you as it pushes you to the right instead. So while you are pushing left and the game is pushing you right you crash into the tree. The amount of times this has happened is infuriating.

Now the most annoying part of this game COLLECTIBLES, wtf! I'm pissed off studying animals, catching fish and collecting flowers FUCK OFF! And after collecting all this crap the game makes you do it all again in the challenges - taking the piss or what? I think Rockstar have a bet going to see how many morons will platinum this piece of shit. I've spent days studying animals so I'll continue and finish the rest of the collectibles otherwise it's all been a waste of time. While I loved the story I've really grown to hate this game!

Enjoyment: 1/10

Boring:      10/10

I agree with him. This is why I don't have this game.

• Like 1

It's an incredibly immersive game, and you have to commend it for how amazing it looks and the amount of work that has been poured into a game of this magnitude.

This is one of the few times when I'm damn proud to give something a 1/10 (zero not being an option according to the thread title), because I still love roaming the open world and playing the story.

Online, that's a different story. Used to be borderline 10/10 boring back at launch, but since the big bounty hunting, collecting and trading update, it's been brought down to a 6/10 for me. 7/10 if you got all the upgrades and did the whole Outlaw Pass thing. Still needs a lot of work to make it really enjoyable, though, but at least it's going in the right direction.

• Like 4

this game is a disappointment and a damn chore so far.

so far i reached the mission where the scientist demonstrated the electrocution (where, turns out, you do nothing at all!). some of the missions in this game are seriously laclustre. theres no creativity in any of them. not ONE mission has left me feeling 'wow' after completing it.

rockstar's games are getting worse. the grind for completion will make these games less enjoyable in time.

Edited by rockstarjazz
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not very far into the game, only about 6 hours, but so far the game hasn't really impressed me. Sure, the world is beautiful and immersive but the controls are horribly clunky and everything you do in the game feels like a chore. While the game is beautiful and the attention to detail is impressive it's sadly not very fun to play.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Having been a big RDR1 fan, first game I ever pre ordered and one of my favs of all time. I was disappointed with RDR2 during chapter 2, so much so that I dropped it and completed GOW instead. After seeing that the game gets better at a certain point I got to said point as fast as I could with all the distractions on the way. To keep it short, the game is now one of my all time favourites. I now appreciate those early chapters much more.

IMO what makes it seem so boring early on is being overwhelmed by the sheer scale of the game and all the little things take so long such as cooking a steak or skinning an animal. Not only is the story slow to build up, but you have been exploring the world for hours and then when you get to a mission it's more or less the same.

Anyway once I 100% this game I won't be uninstalling it, that is how much I think of this game. Should never have doubted Rockstar. Much better than GTA V which was my least favourite Rockstar game (going back to GTA 2). Even though the game was great.

• Like 2