Rate this game 1-10 in terms of how boring it is

kerck11

Offline 1/10

Online 3/10

Once I managed to get enough gold bard for Collector my RDO changed drastically, that Role helped me really enjoy RDO. 

I maxed it out really fast and made good money, but what really gets me going is just doing the Daily Challenges (since my friends rarely play and the only one growing the Posse is myself)

One of my major problems is the fact Rockstar removed the kill/death ratio in multiplayer. That was a vital part of Red Dead Online in the original game. 

Really goes to show how sensitive people are getting. Rockstar may of removed it because of the amount of griefers, but it’s still sad.

On 2/9/2019 at 2:51 PM, steel6burgh said:

quit reading forums of any sort then.  This is what they are opinion pieces that state an argument in which people tend to chose either side.  Don't complain and bitch about forum posts then continue to read them.  If they bother you read a newspaper or something. Stick to professional gamer reviews.  This is how forums work whether it's here or FB.  The person who comes along and judges a post as cancerous and writes a paragraph about it being so is no better then the original post.  So your response to pointless is pointless?  A bit hypocritical to charge a post with being argumentative and then jumping in and arguing about it. 

Just read this (10 months late) and wanted to say I completely agree.

For me I'd say that while the game is a technical masterpiece, the 'gameplay/fun' element is a little washed. But I'm someone who approached this as if it would be synonymous to say the 'fun' factor you saw in GTA V/San Andreas etc... pure 'lets chuck a load of fun stuff in the game'. Whereas RDR2 is almost more a glorious playable documentary of a bygone era.

It's a 10/10 on all fronts in terms of quality for me. In terms of how dull it is... Single Player for me right now is a 2-3/10. Im post-story and collecting the world. That and studying nature... it's just not as fun as some postgame content in other games.

The online... I am struggling with this. There seems to be a serious lack of depth to the content... when you consider the game world and the ranking system, and also the plethora of stuff GTA: Online had, this feels massively watered down tbh. It's fun enough in it's own right, but after an hour I can't help but think 'ok so what can I do next that I haven't already done one of in the previous hour? Free Roam mission? Showdown? etc'. give the online a 6-7/10 on the boredom scales and I'm somebody who has encountered next to no griefing either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 26-12-2019 at 7:17 AM, bboysunny93 said:

0/10
This game is a masterpiece and goes undoubtedly one of my most favorite games of all time.
The story is outstanding
The characters have such depth.
The graphics are at its peak.
The world actually feels alive.

People who are calling this game overrated and shit are probably retarded in the head. Sorry.

The only people retarted in the head are those that give a 1 or a 10 on a 1 to 10 scale...

But then I'm realistic enough to know that almost everyone on the internet has an opinion about everything and drives it to the extreme... (and some just want to balance out the retardness on the other end of the votes spectrum so they give a 1 or 10 instead of a 3 or 8).

I understand how some people think this is a boring game and how some people love it.

Personally I liked the game a lot. As with all rockstar games I enjoyed the quirky character, the side quests and the easter eggs. The main story however really did have it's flaws: let's be honest here for a minute: don't tell me none of you guys giving a 1 or even a 0 did not have a single moment in this game where they thougth "urgh, not this AGAIN...". I thought the "move camp, settle in, fuck up big time, move again" routine getting really boring after a while. I understand it's kind of one of the main points in the story, but they could've made that point just the same by moving 2, max 3 times instead of 37...

• Like 1

Modern Rockstar games are pretty much playable movies with dated engines and mechanics. They rarely ever give you freedom of choice in main or side missions, everything has to be done the way Rockstar wants you to do it to a T. You have boring missions like the one in GTA V where you have to move cargo around with some of the most awkward controls in video game history, and if you aren't doing something like that, you're limited to some sort of story based mission that is either a chase/drive on a vehicle (i.e. a car in GTA or a horse in RDR2), and when you aren't doing that you're in a monotonous shooting gallery with absolutely horrible auto assist aiming and a horrifically bad cover system that never cooperates with you. Then you get a cutscene, drive/walk/ride a horse to some waypoint on your map, rinse, repeat. Only reason I could find these games fun is because exploring the open world can be a really interesting time that grabs you in and doesn't let go, but even then there are some things in the open world that Rockstar only wants you to experience the way they have exactly scripted it for you to experience. Like being given a giant box of legos only to be told exactly what you can build, how, and when. They can't tell if they want their game to be an open world sandbox or a linear story based game and it mixes awkwardly.

Not my type of game. I understand why people like them because the characters are lovable, well acted, and extremely well written, but for me personally, with a dated engine and controls, tedious mission design, the lack of satisfying conclusion and jumbled story telling across missions in a game that doesn't let you play the way you want to play is just..Not for me.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 2/9/2019 at 0:29 PM, Spinosaurus Rex said:

It depended how far you're in the game in my opinion.

First few hours was 4/10, If I didn't know it's GOTY I wouldn't believe it. Then I was completely sucked in and the rate changes to 1/10.

For chapters 5-6 (after you land on Guarma) it's 3/10, but I was still interesed how the story will go. John epilogue was completely unnecessary IMO and I'd be content to see credits rolling while Arthur lies and stares at the sun, so for epilogue it was again 4/10. Still pretty entertaining though. About 2 hours after finishing epilogue I've abandoned the game and don't plan to come back. As far as online goes, I only completed the introduction, so I don't rate it.

Totally agree. I thought after guarma the story went a bit stale. Loved chapters 1-4 to bits but i think rockstar just pushed it a bit far in chapters 5 and 6 until near the end of chapter 6. That horse ride is one of the most amazing things ive ever seen in a video game. Truely emotional and agree that they should have rolled credits after the death of arthur and maybe had a cutscene with john that links the game to the first after the credits

How on earth people can say its boring or a bad game is behond me. If the movement was a bit quicker it would be a 10/10 no doubt, 10 being highest by the way lol

if your a gta fan, and you expect a similar experience from red dead 2 your going to hate it plain and simple, it's a slow game there to shock and awe and take your breath away every 5 seconds, like when your dad or uncle watch a western, it's slow, painstakingly methodical and it rewards patience with success in surprising ways.

also progress is throttled. you could be playing for a while, get a few things done, then get a mission to wipe out crocodiles at the swamp, and when you go to the swamp, normally dodging 1000 crocs on your way through it, none will spawn anywhere for 4 hours maybe more, it's literally a game so in love with itself you have to appreciate every second, so basically it's a rockstar game.

so yeah it can be slow but i wouldn't say it was boring, did every achievement on my xbox profile and even though i got it on disk for ps4, Im not sure i could be arsed with that damn awful MP.

• Like 1

Story 1/10 - amazing

rest of the game - 100/10 - boring as hell

hunting 1 million animals, standing there looking through binoculars, bird watching etc is so boring and frustrating. Multiplayer, don’t get me started on that pile of garbage. For me this game is so overrated. Apart from the story being incredible the rest of the game is a grind fest and puts you to sleep or makes you wanna rip your hair out. Thankfully I’m almost done. This was a bad way to choose how to spend While off work during this lockdown. 

Don’t write on forums a lot but this game deserved a rant post from me lol. 

1 hour ago, RalphyLDN said:

Story 1/10 - amazing

rest of the game - 100/10 - boring as hell

hunting 1 million animals, standing there looking through binoculars, bird watching etc is so boring and frustrating. Multiplayer, don’t get me started on that pile of garbage. For me this game is so overrated. Apart from the story being incredible the rest of the game is a grind fest and puts you to sleep or makes you wanna rip your hair out. Thankfully I’m almost done. This was a bad way to choose how to spend While off work during this lockdown. 

Don’t write on forums a lot but this game deserved a rant post from me lol. 

So the game is great but it is overrated and a bad way to spend time because is has horrible platinum requirements?. You even admitted that the campaign is amazing. No doubt ,the platinum is a  nightmare  but shitty/tedious trophy requirements shouldnt influence a game rating because it is your own "fault" to do it. The game isnt a grind fest, the platinum is. Some people should stop trophy hunting if they cant understand such a simple fact. The MP is garbage but RDR2 is a SP game and the MP is nothing more than an unnecessary addition.

I don't often give up on games, but goddamn if I didn't give up on RDR2. I used fast-travel in a camp to experiment, couldn't fast-travel back (or at least not without going somewhere to pay my bounty, then going somewhere else to get a coach) and backed out of the game to get my 100GB back. Watched the story highlights on YouTube.

It's lavishly produced, but my time is more important. I resent Rockstar for continually ignoring that fact. I'm also truly in awe that the majority of gamers find it easier, not harder, to become absorbed in a game that constantly demands you play by its own rules, to the constant inconvenience of the gamer. The impulse to go anywhere, do anything is completely hindered by these insane gameplay systems that are about as fun as feeding CJ in San Andreas.

And in pursuit of what? Authenticity? It's still a video game - you still respawn when you die. To capture the spirit of the western? The western was never obsessed with authenticity and technical details, and it's hard to get caught up in operatic moments when you've spent hours - literally hours - with your horse's rump trotting in front of the camera. Then the whole illusion falls apart: with so much downtime, so much time to scrutinise the ways the game works (and doesn't work), you quickly figure out which moments are for Character Development, which moments are supposed to encourage Quiet Reflection, and which moments are just there because some creative director was too busy chasing his own brutally tedious vision instead of something that truly engages the player. 

RDR2 is a game that knew it had the attention of millions of gamers before it was ever even announced. The result is one of the most bloated, indulgent and unsatisfying pieces of media I've personally encountered, especially in relation to the stature of the company that brought it into existence. 

4 hours ago, GoDBoss173 said:

So the game is great but it is overrated and a bad way to spend time because is has horrible platinum requirements?. You even admitted that the campaign is amazing. No doubt ,the platinum is a  nightmare  but shitty/tedious trophy requirements shouldnt influence a game rating because it is your own "fault" to do it. The game isnt a grind fest, the platinum is. Some people should stop trophy hunting if they cant understand such a simple fact. The MP is garbage but RDR2 is a SP game and the MP is nothing more than an unnecessary addition.

Overrated as a whole, yes. As I said, story is amazing but that’s about it. Stuff to do in between and after the story is boring even if not going for trophies. if I wasn’t trophy hunting I would do the story and be done with it, that to me is not a great game overall. Everyone looks at things differently but there are other game’s I enjoyed doing the side stuff and extra content between and after story so I’d say that was a good game even if some elements were grindy the game overall would be a good game. To me, red dead is more of a hunting simulator as it pushes you to hunt animals over most other things. I respect your opinion but I hope what I said makes sense. 

29 minutes ago, RalphyLDN said:

Overrated as a whole, yes. As I said, story is amazing but that’s about it. Stuff to do in between and after the story is boring even if not going for trophies. if I wasn’t trophy hunting I would do the story and be done with it, that to me is not a great game overall. Everyone looks at things differently but there are other game’s I enjoyed doing the side stuff and extra content between and after story so I’d say that was a good game even if some elements were grindy the game overall would be a good game. To me, red dead is more of a hunting simulator as it pushes you to hunt animals over most other things. I respect your opinion but I hope what I said makes sense. 

Thats fair. Personally I thought most of the side content ( side missions, tons of great easter eggs and stuff like solving the serial killer case) was pretty good and definitely better than the average open-world side stuff. On the other hand I can see that a game like RDR2 is not for everyone. It is relatively slow and has lot of quiet moments without action scenes. I agree with your comment except for one thing: I dont see how it is a hunting simulator. As far as I remember most main and side missions had nothing to with hunting. It is exactly like you said, everyone looks at things differently.

Edited by GoDBoss173
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1/10, my favorite game of all time. Never felt bored outside of farming trophies, but a lot of great games can feel boring when you’re trophy hunting. RDR2 is fun in the non-conventional way. For instance, the story is absolutely phenomenal and Arthur I started the best-written character I’ve ever seen. I fell in love with all characters. The world is thrilling with the life. I genuinely feel like I took a time machine back to the turn of the 19th century. It’s ridiculous how realistic everything from the fauna to the townsfolk are. Rockstar spared no expense in that regard. Gameplay isn’t very fluent and feels very analog, but I never really complained because I just appreciated all the activities the game had to offer. I am so sad there’s nothing left for me to do in the game even after 400 of playing and I can’t believe I’ve gotta wait another eight years for the next one (maybe more, who knows). 

Online is a different story. I despised every bit of it. 10/10 in boredom. 

it took me 2 months straight to plat it when it came out. the first month was super fun. except mission 1 was so awful i almost couldnt make it past it

then came the grind......ohh the grind. the gold medal grind on sp. collecting stupid orchid flowers or whatever the fuck they were. fish not showing up. rare animals not showing up, and who can forget trying to get a pelt that will take you a entire week in real life time because it wont show up. then comes the horrific multiplayer grind sitting on a back alleyway shooting cops until you run out of ammo or some 10 year old shoots you to take your place so he can do the same thing you are. thats 2 months of my life ill never get back that wasnt worth it but after investing so much time into it i felt like i just had to finish it.