Rate this game 1-10 in terms of how boring it is

kerck11

I'd give it a 10/10 been boring. Compared the Red Dead it shite. Who cares about graphics when you have such shit travel points, gameplay mechanics and Dutch repeating "One last ride" over and over. Sorry but it's just my opinion. I'd rather have a Red Dead remake then play this over. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Last-_-Judgment said:

To those giving it 10/10 boring are exaggerating. That's not even an opinion, it's a fact. It frustrates me seeing great games like TLOU, RDR2 etc get ridiculed for being 'slow-paced'. Stories aren't meant to be rushed. If you don't enjoy Stories then why are you playing these games (just to discredit them because you don't like them?). Even if you didn't like the game. No way is it worth 9s and 10s for being boring. There are so many games in the world that are garbage but you are giving the lowest scores to this game? Don't delude yourselves.

Majority of those giving it 10/10, are trophy hunters and it is actually 10/10 boring to get the platinum. It's not the game they are talking about. Big difference. If you don't like wild west at all then do not play it, as I can't comprehend the person which likes wild west a little bit, but to not like RDR2 at all?!?!?

• Like 4

10/10 would play real timey old west simulator again.

For real though I don't have time to go outdoors much in real life and last year i literally spent a week playing this game acting like Bear Grylls or Alaskan Bushmen or some shit in the northern forests. Without ever playing an actual mission or going back to town inbetween days. Made lots of starting money off the skins though. Even though I couldn't carry them all.

Gonna eventually start playing it on PS4 but my HDD can't have it and Modern Warfare competing for space right now.

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 1

2/10 on OP boring scale, 9/10 in terms of quality. I loved RDR2. Slower pacing doesn't equate to boring, at all, and I think its size, scope, pacing and narrative direction are all amazing. Each chapter give you more than most games give you through it's entire narrative. The game's biggest 'criticism' is its lack of mission variety, at least in my opinion, but it's a minor qualm. It's not boring at all for me, and I don't even like huge games normally.

The only part of the game I really didn't like was

Spoiler

Chapter 5: Guarma

It felt forced, boring, and on the rails. It only lasts for 2-3 hours, though, so no biggie.

If God of War hadn't come out, it would have been my GOTY no question. I am ashamed to say I didn't get around to playing it until this year, but is my favourite Rockstar game nostalgia aside and it isn't close.

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

10/10 would play real timey old west simulator again.

For real though I don't have time to go outdoors much in real life and last year i literally spent a week playing this game acting like Bear Grylls or Alaskan Bushmen or some shit in the northern forests. Without ever playing an actual mission or going back to town inbetween days. Made lots of starting money off the skins though. Even though I couldn't carry them all.

Gonna eventually start playing it on PS4 but my HDD can't have it and Modern Warfare competing for space right now.

You misunderstood the scaling. A 10/10 would mean it's as boring as possible ?

have played literally 5 minutes of it, It immediately put me off when it first came out and I put it on the shelf, I am aware the tutorial is slow and it takes a bit to get in to it so I will go back to it at one point. The skinning animals and MP trophies is mainly what is holding me back

5 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

You misunderstood the scaling. A 10/10 would mean it's as boring as possible 1f602.png

I know how I rated it ??

But honestly when I first got the game on Xbox I kept hearing about how grindy of a game it could be. I enjoyed the game alot but even when I first started playing it the realism in some things did bore me a bit to the point I didn't want to keep playing it at first as I didn't want to the grind in some things I heard about. But then I kept at it and doing some of the missions made me appreciate the larger game world they made here. The fact that you can be in different counties and interact with them in different ways. In some you could call home and be considered a model citizen in others be the most wanted criminal. Without a doubt I won't deny  game like this can be 10/10 on the boring scale as you may feel overwhelmed by everything thrown at you early on. But as you play it longer and you get to learn how to make those things easier you can easily dump hundreds to thousands of hours into this now and in the future.

On 5/29/2020 at 1:26 PM, Maaden_Swe said:

Really glad Im not a part of the adhd generation and can actually play a slowly paced game without being bored. Gotta suck not to be able to do that, missing alot of great gameplay. Loving it so far.

Your avatar is from an old 1980s Disney cartoon show. I think that already indicates you're older than the ADHD generation.

Patience is a real virtue.

• Like 2

On 5/29/2020 at 9:06 AM, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

I really feel sorry for you guys.

Totally agree

On 5/29/2020 at 11:22 AM, DF007gamer said:

You should. It was painful to finish the storyline. 

A 50 hour storyline, bit less if you skip cutscenes. Makes me wonder if it was that awfull you would even put yourself through the pain. 

For me every second of the story was a joy. I felt like i was there in the wild west. One minute i loved dutch, the next i wanted to put a couple of bullets in his head. 

Rockstar games are totally different than any other game. The imersion and visuals of their games are truely stunning. 

A bit quicker authur would have been a bit better but this is not an assasins creed game and you get used to it

Edited by dannyswfc9
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Totally agree

A 50 hour storyline, bit less if you skip cutscenes. Makes me wonder if it was that awfull you would even put yourself through the pain. 

For me every second of the story was a joy. I felt like i was there in the wild west. One minute i loved dutch, the next i wanted to put a couple of bullets in his head. 

Rockstar games are totally different than any other game. The imersion and visuals of their games are truely stunning. 

A bit quicker authur would have been a bit better but this is not an assasins creed game and you get used to it

For me it was shit. I can see why you enjoy it seen that you've skip out on many amazing games which is by far better the RDR2. So it's understandable.Once you've played games like Witcher, Dragon Age, Bloodborne, Dark Souls etc etc etc the list goes on you'll find RDR2 is not what it seems. 

1 hour ago, DF007gamer said:

For me it was shit. I can see why you enjoy it seen that you've skip out on many amazing games which is by far better the RDR2. So it's understandable.Once you've played games like Witcher, Dragon Age, Bloodborne, Dark Souls etc etc etc the list goes on you'll find RDR2 is not what it seems. 

And the most patronising and demeaning post of the year goes to... i go back to my point why finish a 50 hour story on a shit game.

Edited by dannyswfc9
  • Like 1

On 2/9/2019 at 7:27 AM, GoDBoss173 said:

Lets start a new poll.

"Rate the OP 1-10 in terms of how pathetic he is"

Definitely a 10/10. Seriously such threads are just cancer.

What is the purpose of it? I dont get it.

Seeking attention? Triggering fights between hatern and fanboys? Simply trolling? Sharing your "correct" opinion with the peasants?

Which is it?

It is exactly like NaseemJohn said.

"Typical topic that pops up everytime a game receives high praise ".

It is baffling how people are unable to rate a game objetively and I am not talking about RDR2.

Hmm Game xy isnt appealing to me, it must be overrated, average, bad or whatever.

Definitely would agree with you 10/10 for the OP.People always have something to complain about in the modern age the game is critically acclaimed people always crying about something and thinking you have to go along with there PC runamuck.

6 hours ago, rolldogg187 said:

Definitely would agree with you 10/10 for the OP.People always have something to complain about in the modern age the game is critically acclaimed people always crying about something and thinking you have to go along with there PC runamuck.

Agree. Only reason people can not think this game is brilliant is if there not into the wild west setting and prefer a fast car rather than a horse but you kinda know what its about before you boot the game up. 

With the amount of rushed trash out there i cant understand how people can say its a bad game. I know its different opinions but i think people just like to complain for sake of it like others have said on here without giving proper reasons

Edited by dannyswfc9