JMFV4223

Tell me how to spend my money

23 posts in this topic

So I've been searching the PSVita store and I just can't seem to talk myself into buying anything. I have also looking into importing physical copies but lack enough information on what good games are available.  So guess I just need help finding games that are beyond the usual recommended Vita grabs and I am curious as to if anyone has found any hidden Vita gems they could share.

This one is the best indie game out there in my opinion:

https://limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-221-spelunky-collectors-edition-vita

Unfortunately all standard copies were sold out in less than a minute. The game lacks a platinum trophy, which is the only reason that is holding me from buying this edition. I'd buy it if at least it had a separate trophy list from the one on PSN or if I hadn't already 100% the game. PS4 standard copies are still available.

Other games I recommend are The Hungry Horde, Rogue Legacy, Paranautical Activity (check it before as you may hate it), Flame Over, Super Time Force Ultra, Don't Starve, Hitman GO, Lara Croft GO, Dead Nation, Hotline Miami, Super Exploding Zoo!, Level 22, Killzone: Mercenary, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Stealth Inc 1 & 2, Lone Survivor, Freedom Wars. And is you like to play challenging games, Super Meat Boy.

I'd wait until any of those PSN games are discounted though.

On 2/9/2019 at 4:40 AM, JMFV4223 said:

So I've been searching the PSVita store and I just can't seem to talk myself into buying anything. I have also looking into importing physical copies but lack enough information on what good games are available.  So guess I just need help finding games that are beyond the usual recommended Vita grabs and I am curious as to if anyone has found any hidden Vita gems they could share.

Do you like Jrpg's?

Yes I open to all types of games though. And I do not speak Japanese lol 

Spelunky and Fez. The two greatest games ever made, portable and with button controls (argh, Fez be on phones too, matey).

Edited by crauuecrauue

Assuming you don't already own these on other systems:
Steins;Gate (visual novel)

Lost Dimension (TRPG?)

Danganronpa 1, 2, V3 (visual novel, murder mystery) and Ultra Despair Girls (3rd person shooter)

Ratchet and Clank, Jax and Dexter, and Sly Cooper trilogies

Muramasa Rebirth (2D action platformer)

All I play on the Vita are remasters of PS2 games (FFX/X-2, MGS, Sly Cooper, etc.) and cheap no-effort platinum trash.

There's also a million indistinguishable animu visual novels if you've run out of paint to watch dry, but your money may just well be better spent on more paint.

Posted (edited)

Not exactly hidden, but Undertale is an incredible game if you haven't already played it and is considered by a lot of people to be one of the best games of all time (definitely mine). It's also quite cheap.

Don't spoil it for yourself by looking into it's trophies or looking up guides though. It's best played blind.

Edited by Thornhorn7

Lone Survivor is definitely worth getting.

Ratchet & clank 

sly cooper 

trillion: god of destruction 

conception 2 

freedom wars 

soul sacrifice. And Delta version 

muramasa rebirth 

digimon story 1 and 2 

mind=0 

fallen legion

that is all I can think of the games I play myself 

Obviously P4G, but I also enjoyed the first Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth game, so will get the others but only when they are on sale. World of Final Fantasy is great. Digimon games are OK. There are loads of good PSP games but they don't have trophies unfortunately. Ratchet and Clank, Sly and J&D gsmes...

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (aka Everybody's Golf) is my favorite game on Vita. Very challenging but rarely frustrating game with addictive gameplay. Puts a smile on your face.

Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils:  A 2D Platformer with puzzles.  Unfortunately, you will have to purchase a physical copy of this game to play it on the Vita, and the cost runs $100.00+ USD.  The last time I had checked the PS Store it was no longer listed.

Deadbolt:  A stealth-action side-scroller.  The soundtrack is pretty good and I find that the game art fits the game.

Dragooned:  This game wasn't THAT bad, but if you were around for the bashing it was made by the same company who created Skylight Freerange and Skylight Freerange 2: Gachduine.  What I liked about the game was it was easy to just pick up and play.  No BS.

Neurovoider:  My all-time favorite game I've played on the Vita; a rouge-like/rouge-lite twin stick shooter with great music.

Riddled Corpses EX:  Another shooter with decent music.  Survival mode was my favorite.

Super Robot Wars V:  Not entirely sure how much of a hidden gem this is.  If you want to play this you will need to purchase a physical copy (I got mine from PlayAsia).  This is a TRPG (Tactical Role-Playing Game).  It is a cross-over between different mecha anime.  To be honest, I found myself skipping huge chunks of the story because the dialogue droned on, but to compare it to Super Robot Wars X*, I prefer V.  
*You will also need to purchase a physical copy to play this game on the Vita (again, I got mine from PlayAsia).

Toukiden 2:  Not sure how much of a hidden gem this one is either.  An RPG game that, thankfully, you can play a demo of on the PS Store before deciding to purchase.  If you do try the demo; then purchase the game, everything from the demo should carry over (which means you can unlock trophies pretty quickly if you put the effort in the demo... if that's your dig).  There is an online component, but it is not necessary to play online since you can have the AI play with you.

I saw Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth and Digimon Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory were mentioned.  While I do enjoy Digimon games and I would recommend them for their RPG aspect, the dialogue droned on and there is no way to skip it.  Cyber Sleuth easily could have been half the chapters it was, and Hacker's Memory could have been DLC.

I will mention that if you like traditional JRPGs, and don't mind a bit of cringy fan service, the Criminal Girls games are quite good. They're both pretty much the same game, though, so play one or the other (Criminal Girls 2 has a bit more polish, and the plat isn't as missable, though it is very annoying).

these games are on sale pretty often as well, and they are a lot better than the standard IF Neptunia dreck.

Edited by starcrunch061

The three Drinkbox Studios games are Vita essentials: Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, Guacamelee and Severed. I can't praise those games enough.

7 minutes ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

The three Drinkbox Studios games are Vita essentials: Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, Guacamelee and Severed. I can't praise those games enough.

One of my top favorite indie studios.

Even though it seems they somewhat botched G2 🤔

I enjoyed rainbow Moon, and the follow-up which i havent played yet rainbow sky

Edited by graysn0rs
Grammar

20 hours ago, MooseSketts said:

Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils:  A 2D Platformer with puzzles.  Unfortunately, you will have to purchase a physical copy of this game to play it on the Vita, and the cost runs $100.00+ USD.  The last time I had checked the PS Store it was no longer listed.

It's actually on the Canadian store for $20. I'm assuming it's still on the US side as well.

9 minutes ago, visighost said:

It's actually on the Canadian store for $20. I'm assuming it's still on the US side as well.

I didn't realize you were from Canada.  As I said the last time I had checked on the Vita the game was "listed" but when you clicked on it, it was empty.

17 minutes ago, MooseSketts said:

I didn't realize you were from Canada.  As I said the last time I had checked on the Vita the game was "listed" but when you clicked on it, it was empty.

Weird. I just tried and it lets me add the game to the basket...

1 minute ago, visighost said:

Weird. I just tried and it lets me add the game to the basket...

Yeah I just looked as well and it tells me there are no content items.