New to Kingdom Hearts

JakeSS14

Never played one before, the game looks incredible. As I have never played a KH game, what order do they need to be played.

I see several trophy lists but I have no idea which 1 I should start with and I don't want to jump straight into KH3

3 minutes ago, JakeSS14 said:

Never played one before, the game looks incredible. As I have never played a KH game, what order do they need to be played.

I see several trophy lists but I have no idea which 1 I should start with and I don't want to jump straight into KH3

If you buy the collection they appear in the correct order when selecting which one to play.

The order you should play them is:

KH1

KH Re:CoM

KH2

KH 358/2 Days

KH BBS

KH Re: Coded

KH DDD

KH 0.2 BBS

KH X Backstory

KH Union Cross (it’s the phone game and yes it is revelavent to the story in kh3 and after kh3. Also it’s story is still not finished)

KH3

2 minutes ago, JakeSS14 said:

Yes it is not that does not include 2.8

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JakeSS14 said:

It's almost the full one, it lacks the kingdom hearts 2.8 one:

https://www.shopto.net/video-games/ps4/PS4KI03-kingdom-hearts-hd-28-final-chapter-prologue

The full package is only digital I think:

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0082-CUSA12025_00-KINGDOMHEARTSALL

Edited by jon88_il
typo

11 minutes ago, StiffTripple_X said:

The order you should play them is:

KH1

KH Re:CoM

KH2

KH 358/2 Days

KH BBS

KH Re: Coded

KH DDD

KH 0.2 BBS

KH X Backstory

KH Union Cross (it’s the phone game and yes it is revelavent to the story in kh3 and after kh3. Also it’s story is still not finished)

KH3

Yes it is not that does not include 2.8

This is the order in which you need to view the story, you don't have to play all of them :)

KH1, KH2, KH BBS, KH DDD and KH0.2 BBS are a must to play of you ask me.

KH RE:CoM is integral part of the story but I found the gameplay really un-enjoyable, I tried to play it on 3 different occasion and never managed to complete it.

I guess it's a matter of taste, but I will stress that its story is really important, a good let's play/plot summary can fill in the blanks on that one.

If you get the collection then there is no reason not to give it a try for yourself and see if you like the concept or not.

KH 358/2 days, KH Re: Coded and KH X Backstory are movies in the collections and can be experienced as such (although Re: Coded isn't that important to the overall story)

For KH Union Cross I really recommend to look for story summary on Youtube, the game itself is filled with a lot of un-related content you have to power through in order to get to the story parts, it's not that worth it in my opinion.