Opinions on "Easy" platinums.

DecSim01

I recently just got done with two "easy" platinum's (one took literally seconds and the other took around an hour) and I was wondering what other people thought of "easy" plats? Do you think its cheating or do you think they're good for building up your trophy list. Interested to hear what other people think.

3 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

I don't do it because I get no enjoyment from those frankly crappy little games and I feel no need to inflate my trophy count for the epeen. That being said, I couldn't care less if other people do it, it's their time/money and if they feel like they're getting something out of it, good for them, everyone should have the freedom to enjoy what they like so long as they aren't effecting somebody else in the process.

/thread

4 minutes ago, DizzyDavidson said:

As long as you’re having fun it doesn’t matter if the plat is easy/hard/long or short. That’s my stand on it.

Exactly. Ive got 78 plats and most of them are tripple a games that take between 20-40 hours to plat. 90 percent of them games ive really enjoyed playing and i like looking back on my list now and again to reminise of some brilliant games ive finished over the years

• Like 1

I've played some of them, I don't go out of my way to play them. Usually it's when the PSN wallet is low and I see one on the cheap. It does kinda devalue the whole point of plats when you can stack a dozen regions on multiple systems and have a mess of them from these type of games in a hour or two, but it's whatever.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

It is up to the individual what they want to play and enjoy. I have played some of them myself but I got no real enjoyment from some of them and in turn I have decided I am going to concentrate more on games that take some time to play and so far I am enjoying myself even more.

You pretty much echoed how I've been feeling.

Overall though, I don't mind easy games that actually have some substance (things like Cat Quest, Reverie, TellTale games etc.) but some of these short 30 minute plats are not what I want to spend my time and money on anymore.  I recently played Super Destronaut as I got it for free in a competition - lets just say I wouldn't have paid money for it and it only served to help me realize it's not what I personally want from gaming anymore.

If someone else wants to play them though, more power to them.  I don't tend to judge others profiles anyway.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BlakkVulture2K16 said:

I will admit, most of the games I buy are easy platinums or whatever, but that's because I enjoy indie titles more than anything. Plus I make guides, so I tend to buy the games (or get given them by developers or publishers) so people such as myself only encourage people to play whatever they like but the term "trophy hunter" means you hunt trophies. Whether they're easy or not, they're trophies. Plus some easy platinums can be quite enjoyable experiences. For example, The Little Acre, a charming little game, with Disney style graphics and a truly lovable story. Life Is Strange, easy platinum yes, but also a very raw and emotional story based episodic game. 

On the other hand we have the s**t games like Little Adventure On The Prairie or the old cliche My Name Is Mayo. (Yeah I somewhat enjoyed My Name Is Mayo, but whatever) 

Regardless, I play what I enjoy, and what people play is none of my business really, but I do like to complete for fastest completion times as well. (Just for fun) :P 

Despite all of this, trophy hunting should be fun so I try mix it up with some harder platinums when I have time. 

Well said.

14 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

You pretty much echoed how I've been feeling.

Overall though, I don't mind easy games that actually have some substance (things like Cat Quest, Reverie, TellTale games etc.) but some of these short 30 minute plats are not what I want to spend my time and money on anymore.  I recently played Super Destronaut as I got it for free in a competition - lets just say I wouldn't have paid money for it and it only served to help me realize it's not what I personally want from gaming anymore.

If someone else wants to play them though, more power to them.  I don't tend to judge others profiles anyway.

I agree, I didn't mind Cat Quest and Telltale games. Some other easy ones I didn't mind was Knee Deep, Headlander (very fun) and Timothy vs. the Aliens. These 20 to 30 minutes plats I really don't want to fill up my trophy list with. Don't get me started on region stacks of these easy plats.

• Like 1

As long as they are at least entertaining and/or I have to do actions (aside from simply walking [at least make me explore the level]) when playing those games, I'm ok with easy platinum/100%s. They serve as breaks from actual challenging games, which can be fairly or really challenging, to me.