Opinions on "Easy" platinums.

DecSim01

7 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

I love the people who have a shit ton of ratalaika and telltale platinums

and they claim to be trophy hunters

no, thats trophy hoarding

trophy hunting is where you play the harder games that take some actual gaming skill

Amen.

Some of the short platinum trophies are great - some are horribly bad. I dont get why so many hunters do 20-second-novels 6 times, without understanding a word.

I only have an austrian account - i dont collect multi platinum trophies for each reagion. While I did Monster Hunter World, Persona 4 and stuff like that, I could have gotten about 400 japan novel i-dont-understand-a-word-but-im-godess-of-skipping platinum trophies easily. But for what? 

Sometimes, when I dont have time to play a big game, I also play short ones. I did the dumb mayo game while watching netflix, some ratalaika games (which i really like!), telltales and little 2-hour-jumpnrun ir arcade platinum games. I also did some of the artifex mundi searching games and some puzzle games which i really like (gem smashers - 2 hours. I also did montezuma - 30 hours. I like the gameplay and its not really about the time it takes) Sometimes they are funny. And sometimes I like to get a platinum trophy without spending 100 hours of time.

But my focus is on games I like. I love japan rpgs, mmorpgs and stuff like that - and sometimes I also play games in which I'll never earn the platinum trophy. Elder scrolls online and stuff like that - I also want to try final fantasy online, because I heard that there will be a nier automata raid with the next addon. 

Its not that important for me, which rank I have on the leaderboard. I like to hunt trophies a lot, but what I really love is to play games that hit me with their beauty.

Edited by Belphega2208
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

I love the people who have a shit ton of ratalaika and telltale platinums

and they claim to be trophy hunters

no, thats trophy hoarding

trophy hunting is where you play the harder games that take some actual gaming skill

Don't forget about all the powgi games and when they have tons of visual novels completed under 2 hours lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Don't forget about all the powgi games and when they have tons of visual novels completed under 2 hours lol

Its funny because telltale games (at least the old ones), and VN games like zero escape and danganronpa are great games. Its sad to see people jus buy it for trophies and literally skip the whole game.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, pahiran said:

Its funny because telltale games (at least the old ones), and VN games like zero escape and danganronpa are great games. Its sad to see people jus buy it for trophies and literally skip the whole game.

I know right. It breaks my hearts when I see people have games like steins gate platted in 2 hours. Like how are you gonna just skip a great story like that just for trophies? So much disrespect.

And all the Telltale plats I've thoroughly enjoyed, minus the game of thrones ones.

I've also done two of the zero escape games, absolutely amazing stories.

• Like 2

stuff like my name is mayo or something i never got why everyone goes crazy for them and buys them to inflate a trophy peen.

stuff like spyro or spider-man that are quite easy i don't mind if someone has them as they're genuinely fun games that just have easy lists but are games that should be played for the game with trophies being a second thought to them. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mikoto_railgun01 said:

stuff like my name is mayo or something i never got why everyone goes crazy for them and buys them to inflate a trophy peen.

stuff like spyro or spider-man that are quite easy i don't mind if someone has them as they're genuinely fun games that just have easy lists but are games that should be played for the game with trophies being a second thought to them. 

That's basically how I trophy hunt. I just play whatever looks fun and that I'm interested in and of I really like it I'll try my best to Platinum it. Fun first, trophies second.

31 minutes ago, madbuk said:

There are tiers of easy games imo. Stuff that is genuinely good, like Spider-Man or Assassin's Creed, stuff that is genuinely good but nobody cares because they just want the trophies and skip to the end, like Steins;Gate, Jak & Daxter, Hatoful Boyfriend, and stuff that is just flat out atrocious like Little Adventures on the Prairie

The first two, I can understand people playing. They're good games. I don't understand why you'd buy an amazing game like Steins;Gate and skip to the end though, kinda sad really. You're missing out and just making the game look like a trophy whore game when in reality it's much more than that.

The third type? Absolutely baffling that people actually pay and play games like that. I mean the Prairie devs straight up admitted they only developed it to swindle money out of gullible trophy whores that can't control themselves, and anyone who buys it is just falling into that trap and allowing that awful dev to profit on it, setting a dangerous precedent for the future.

There's some games I absolutely refuse to have on my trophy list and that little prairie game is one of them. It's sad to see how many platinum achievers it has.

Also I wonder if people are gonna trophy whore steins gate elite, I'm really excited for that one. Experience the amazing story all over again with the anime cutscenes. But just imagine spending $60 on a game just to skip it for a quick plat, I bet some people will do that.

Edited by aZombieDictator
  • Like 2

I can see the appeal in TT games, VNs, and the like, but I don't see why people spend actual money on games like Mayo where all you literally do is press the X button. I'd rather buy 2 avatars, a new theme, or save it for a sale. To me, those games are worthless.

With that being said, I don't really care what other people do with their money. If you want to spend your time and money playing cheap shovelware, all power to you. I'm not going to try to stop you as it doesn't effect the way I play.

I do agree though with @madbuk. You're doing yourself a complete disservice by skipping VNs. It's one thing to buy cheap shovelware and play it as intended. It's another to completely skip through a game where the intent of the game is to read through the story and make choices or respond to questions. 

• Like 1

It's not bad when you own some easy platinums. But please don't call yourself "Platinum Tryhard" when you have platinums ONLY from games like Sound Shapes, Slyde or My Name's Mayo.
I can understand you have exactly few games in this kind, but we need to remember that platinum trophies are for making challenges for ourselves.

Ask yourself: Do you get pleasure from acquiring platinums?

Personally, I
have some "easy platinums" like Burly Men at Sea, Until Dawn etc. ... but in many of my platinums I put my heart to earn it.

The people responsible for implementing the PlayStation achievement system probably wanted to force players to challenge themselves. IMO the idea of trophies is great idea.

• Like 1

Game that takes short time to platinum doesn't have to be labelled as game for trophy whores.

For example, The Little Acre is a decent game that takes 1 hour to platinum and while it can be bought exclusively for trophies, you may actually enjoy it.

Another question: where's the border when you can consider yourself as trophy whore? If I'll buy The Little Acre for trophies and not because I like adventure games, can I consider myself as trophy whore, even if the game is not bad?

Or even better question: if you buy hard game only to get a ultra rare platinum in your showcase, you're a trophy whore?

Edited by sashamence
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, sashamence said:

Game that takes short time to platinum doesn't have to be labelled as game for trophy whores.

For example, The Little Acre is a decent game that takes 1 hour to platinum and while it can be bought exclusively for trophies, you may actually enjoy it.

Another question: where's the border when you can consider yourself as trophy whore? If I'll buy The Little Acre for trophies and not because I like adventure games, can I consider myself as trophy whore, even if the game is not bad?

Or even better question: if you buy hard game only to get a ultra rare platinum in your showcase, you're a trophy whore?

Yes if you buy any game strictly for trophies and not because its a game you wanted to play your a trophy whore.

But the second question has a rare possibility of ever occuring as people who achieve these ultra rares are trophy hunters who put forth the effort on games they enjoy. They would never buy games based on how rare the trophies are because if you've ever achieved a difficult platinum then you would know its something you must have really liked.

• Like 1

I love me an easy slutty platinum list every now and then. If I've just finished a massive game like Warhammer or dead by daylight I do enjoy just booting up a no effort no stress easy chilled game that I don't have to worry about any missable collectibles and what not. There are alot of fun ones out there too. 

And I do love to see a rain down of trophies and hear those dings! The addiction is REAL. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThePriceysRight said:

Oh hey it's a thread for ezpz.

I started a new account last year after I got banned for a few weeks for no reason, and I've only really played ezpz ever since.

I have fun skipping games and seeing my profile rise up the leaderboards (plus the salt that comes with it).

A lot of people skip games as they're for trophe hores or cash grabs,  but you're missing out on a lot of quality titles if you skip those.

For the same price as a Costa,  you get a 10 minute to 3 hour experience of what could be either shite, or could be 300 puzzles of decent content like the Powgi games, or something worthy like Sexy Brutale.  Just cause its ezpz or less than 4 hours doesn't automatically mean you should avoid it or the devs. Hell, Ratalaika games have enough to keep you occupied in some of them if you played past the plat

Plus you get to see delicious reactions from people like Buk above when you skip Steins Gate 

@Property_Damage Idk if your post is a meme or not, but you might want to take a look at your profile first.

You should take a better look at my trophy cabinet in all honesty and not just my recents

those be some hard ultra rares

im both a hoarder and hunter

thanks, bye

Edited by Property_Damage
  • Like 1

I don't really see the appeal in getting plats just for playing a game for an hour. Doesn't sound like much fun. But each to their own, if that's you enjoy then go for it. Your enjoyment should matter more than what others think of your plat collection.

• Like 4

I don’t mind easy platinums. I certainly don’t want my profile full of these fast platinums, but when I’m busier or more tired, I definitely play these games, because, well, I like trophies. I don’t have any problems in assuming this. 

On the other hand, these platinums are great to gain motivation to work on harder and more time-consuming games. Not everyone can do lots of “normal” platinums in a row. Some people need to rest their heads with some easy games.

Whatever you do, don’t skip “Steins;Gate”! You can play Mayo, but make sure you read “Steins;Gate”!

9 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

Visual novels are not fast plats unless you skip them. Took me like 30 hours each to Platinum the two steins gate games and chaos child.

Yea, with super fast plats I meant skipping them. Its a different story if you actually play it for the story, I myself am not into them, same with telltale games