Opinions on "Easy" platinums.

DecSim01

easy plats are ok/ The real cancer is multiregional japan/chineese novels and other easy multiregional plats. The whole region trophies thing is making half of leaderbords complete bullshit. When one day you suddenly find that guy who was 4-5k score behind you are now 1-2k ahead of you because he find out about fucking root letter.

• Like 3

I've seen profiles where these kind of games are the norm and not the exception, I genuinely have no respect for them. That said, I'd rather see a cheap/easy/fast platinum done legit on a profile than cloud save autopops.

As for the easy plats, I don't know. Keep a healthy ratio, even if you're going for the next step on the leaderboard. I sometimes use such games, but mostly on the Vita (because I rarely ever have the mental strength to play more substantial games while traveling), and maybe because I need some adjustments for my trophy milestones, and even then I try to look at the games that don't look the trashiest of the trash, and only play them after I completed something really tough, or I'm looking forward to a major trophyless grind, etc.

I'm at that height on my country leaderboard where even maintaining position is a huge pain, mostly because people are shamelessly abusing easy plats and autopops, and I don't care that much, but it still bugs me a bit.

• Like 1

It's hard to express a clear-cut opinion on easy platinums. I've gathered over the last 3 years some of these, so here's my point of view on this topic:

On one hand, it allowed me to play a lot of games outside of my comfort genres (RPG, action, platformers). That's how I discovered games that are quite fun like Grim Fandango Remastered, Life is Strange, the Sexy Brutale, Hitman Go... It even got me to play in a very viable way a lot of great point-and-click games like Deponia or Day of the Tentacle.

On the other hand, I sometimes felt "empty" when rushing through some of these games only to get the platinum without any sense of accomplishment. I think my lowpoint was playing Adam's Venture: Origins, a discount version of Uncharted (or Tomb Raider, if you're a little bit older like me). Although I never dabbled into multiplying accounts to stack trophies from the same game, I'm guilty of replaying a couple of games on different systems just to get another set of easy trophies.

Nowadays, I'm mostly focused on getting through my backlog rather than gathering as many platinum trophies as possible. I've already spent a lot of money on games I haven't touched yet, so I think I'd rather not let these got to waste.

But in the end, it's all a matter of personal preferences. Do you have the time and patience to go through games, of largely varying quality, just to grab trophies? If so, kudos to you. If you can get some enjoyment out of it, that's even better.

There is no right or wrong answer to this conendrum.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Baranov_925 said:

It's not bad when you own some easy platinums. But please don't call yourself "Platinum Tryhard" when you have platinums ONLY from games like Sound Shapes

Sound Shapes is hardly an easy plat. Stacking it was easy, getting through death mode was not. I don't see the appeal of autopopping fifty versions of the game, but after how horribly designed death mode is I can't really blame people for wanting more out of that trash either. And it affects me in no way what so ever. I personally don't want multiple reminders of that piece of shit game on my profile. The one platinum is enough to remind me of how much death mode ruined the otherwise mediocre game.

Not sure how this narrative around SS became "it's easy!" because it certainly is not. I wouldn't say it's hard either, as I've said before it's just bullshit. But it certain is not a "free platinum game" like people keep throwing around. You still have to do it at least once if you stack it.

topic - All the gatekeeping is getting old. People need to mind their own business. It'd be one thing to talk about what you personally want to do with your profile, but people can't help themselves and have to make it about how other people are "doing it wrong". I'm sure I've been guilty of this in the past, but it's just such a pointless thing to do. Oh you hide some trophies, you can't claim your profile is 100% now. I guess meaning you should start all over, which would do what exactly? That's just the same thing, but making you start over for no reason. Starting a new account wouldn't mean you have "true 100%" either. Who cares? Why do you care what another person does?

I like an "easy" platinum here and there since it lets you feel like you're making progress when you're doing something grindy or hard that has you making no progress in trophy terms. Or after a frustrating game, after SCVI I need something more fun and simple. Because SCVI really frustrated me something fierce. And three licensed games filled that role, and were fun games I was interested in anyway. Nobody's going to make me feel bad about it, since I don't really care what they think about it. I earn trophies for me, not for other people.

I personally see no reason to buy a game like My Name is Mayo just because it has a plat. I buy games like N.E.R.O. hoping they offer me a great narrative experience, that one failed to do so. But I got a platinum out of it. Sometimes, like with Deracine, that chance pays off and I find something truly special. That game is why I keep trying out those kind of games. Because they can be really amazing. I have Energy Invasion, and that's about the only regret I have. But I like brick attack and how do you fuck that up? Well they found a way. Somehow.

LEGO games are fun. EyePet is fun, licensed games get a bad wrap and can be a lot of fun. I've got Uncharted, Spec Ops, SCVI, Saints Row, Soul Sacrifice, Freedom Wars, I don't care. I play what I want. If people want to be judgemental  about it, then they'll find a way no matter how perfect your profile is.

• Like 2

When it comes to "easy" games, in my opinion, it really depends on taste. Lord knows I have plenty of easy stuff on my account, but I also enjoy terrible games like Terminator Salvation, and had a blast riffing on the game with my dad while I played it over holiday. People give Mr. Massagy a lot of shit, but honestly I thought that game was unironically hilarious. To me it really comes down to personal preference, since even the easy games that people like to shit on can be fun to some people. Plus, trying out easier games has led me to titles I really loved that I never would've picked up otherwise, like Gorogoa and Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice.

That said... if I see a profile that's *only* 18 stacks of Steins;Gate, all finished within an hour or something, that's sort of giving away that you didn't do it for fun. For me, trophy hunting is something that's supposed to be fun, and at the end of the day I want to look back and say I enjoyed the experience, whether it was getting through frustration or just enjoying a game. When I see people just repeatedly dinging visual novels without even reading them, it just makes me wonder why they're doing it in the first place.

• Like 2

This is my first forum reply, but the topic is appealing to me.

I just play games on my PS4. I have a 3DS which I don´t use anymore, and i don't play PC or smartphone games. That being said, sometimes I just play games to see what's new, the new trends and to check some games that are different in some way. Additionaly, all the big AAA games that I feel that I'm going to enjoy.

There are a lot of easy platinums that I really appreciated like Spyro, Rime, Telltale Games and Virginia.

This is not one of those stories, this is my purge to what I have done yesterday!

I've My Name is Mayo, Slyde and Eekeemoo: Splinters of Dark Shard plat and when I got those I haven´t felt realized at all, they are just money grabbers. Yesterday I have played Little Adventure on the Prairie, and oh my god, that game is a total garbage! I felt dirty and robbed! Please, don't play it!

The thing is there is no right answer, it will always be on your side. Did you feel enjoyment on earning the plat?

I think that easy plats are necessary somethime in the life of a trophy hunter. What is easy plat? I know games where u finish the story and the trophy pops out (like telltale series) or if u buy it (hit the mayo). Or maybe a game that doesn't require sofisticated skills. Plat is plat but I prefer when it comes after a road of challenges and, most important, when u really play and enjoy the game. I don't like plats with a big average of achievement, but depends from game to game. It's a nice discussion.

On 9-2-2019 at 8:38 PM, JohnCenaSong- said:

I don't do it because I get no enjoyment from those frankly crappy little games and I feel no need to inflate my trophy count for the epeen. That being said, I couldn't care less if other people do it, it's their time/money and if they feel like they're getting something out of it, good for them, everyone should have the freedom to enjoy what they like so long as they aren't effecting somebody else in the process.

^ this. To each their own, right? ?

I did quite a few easy platinums, some of which I outright autopopped such as Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time and did all Sound Shapes. My Name is Mayo and Orc Slayer are two other prime examples of games that are extremely easy, but offer very little in value.

It's up to you. If you enjoy stacking easy games, such as Japanese visual novels in as quick of time as possible, that's your choice.

In my opinion I find that shit to be boring and lacking any real substance apart from hearing that "DING" whenever a trophy pops up on your screen. Certain games, like The Little Acre, were actually a little amusing because that actually had a purpose behind it. A lot of these easy, shitty low budget games offered at $1 - 5 while offering a corresponding PS4/Vita stack are garbage. If you have different region accounts then you can stack even more of those games.

People realized that trophy hunters like trophies just being handed to them and thus that is why we end up with shit like Jack n' Jill DX and Fullblast. I could of done those games back when I was a 5 year old kid. Hell some of these games now I probably could of done when I was 10 - 12 years old.

It's not my decision to tell people how they trophy hunt. I just don't have to have admiration when I see those stacks.

• Like 3

I don’t think its a bad thing as some great games have super easy platinums. If you enjoy the game that’s all the matters imo. 

Games like Life is Strange, Uncharted series and some VNs like Code Realize, Hakuouki etc are very easy to platinum but are all great games. 

Even KH3 is relatively easier to plat than its predecessors. Danganronpa and Steins Gate are also easy plats but highly rates for story. 

I love VNs and otome games and enjoy the story, regardless of their easy plats. 

Its not cheating imo. Im not a huge fan of buying games and just skipping through the entire game just for the platinum though. But platinum difficulty should not really determine whether or not you buy the game unless completion percentage is a big priority for you. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I don’t think its a bad thing as some great games have super easy platinums. If you enjoy the game that’s all the matters imo. 

Games like Life is Strange, Uncharted series and some VNs like Code Realize, Hakuouki etc are very easy to platinum but are all great games. 

Even KH3 is relatively easier to plat than its predecessors. Danganronpa and Steins Gate are also easy plats but highly rates for story. 

I love VNs and otome games and enjoy the story, regardless of their easy plats. 

Its not cheating imo. Im not a huge fan of buying games and just skipping through the entire game just for the platinum though. But platinum difficulty should not really determine whether or not you buy the game unless completion percentage is a big priority for you. 

I think what some people are trying to say is that a number of these easy games have several stacks. I see no enjoyment out of this.

The Uncharted games are more difficult than Life is Strange and a lot of visual novels. Uncharted is of course one of Sony's most appreciated and respected gaming franchises, but Crushing difficulty and especially Brutal difficulty, even with the cheats, takes a little skill to get past.

On 2/9/2019 at 1:29 PM, DecSim01 said:

I recently just got done with two "easy" platinum's (one took literally seconds and the other took around an hour) and I was wondering what other people thought of "easy" plats? Do you think its cheating or do you think they're good for building up your trophy list. Interested to hear what other people think.

It's definitely not cheating. I have a few easy plats on my list. I'm not particularly proud of them, but they're nice to play in down time.

I really don't care if everyone says I only play easy games.

Everyone have to deal with people at work, family, streets, and the levels of stress are extreme.

When I get home, I really want to have fun, make platinums and don't waste much money.

What I don't understand are those guys who made the same plat 10 or more times. Two/three times I get it because it's PS4,PS3,Vita, but another accounts? Oh well... Money wasted on my opinion.

Mh, I've to say.. When you played something difficult | exhausting | boring | grinding - something easier or alot easier is heaven.

Also it brings up your stats. Ok, it kills your average percentage but it's simply nice.

It doesn't make you a bad player just because you played somethin easy, nor your whole profile is full of them.

Imagine playing all the easy stuff, most of them being boring as hell but still finish them, sometimes three to four or more times.

It still needs dedication & patience. Games are games, despite their difficulties.

Is a profil with hard games impressive? It sure is. Is a profile with a high level, maybe a 100% completition rate not impressive, too? It sure is.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Spaz said:

I think what some people are trying to say is that a number of these easy games have several stacks. I see no enjoyment out of this.

The Uncharted games are more difficult than Life is Strange and a lot of visual novels. Uncharted is of course one of Sony's most appreciated and respected gaming franchises, but Crushing difficulty and especially Brutal difficulty, even with the cheats, takes a little skill to get past.

True for stacks. I remember the Steins gate games were all separate trophy lists by both region and system, so you could basically farm a bunch of easy plats from it. 

Play whatever you like as far as I'm concerned.  But, I do have serious doubts that so many people really like playing these extremely easy games (often in stacks one after another).  Most are just padding their stats for whatever reason.  Doesn't sound fun or engaging, and anyone that looks at your profile can see what you're doing anyway.  It may seem like a quick and easy way to level up and get a large amount of platinums, but you're not going to get credit for it from most that look at your profile, if they're honest.  There's no excuse to be mean about it, though.

• Like 1

I can't really talk as I have a bunch of easy Vita and PS3 titles on my list but in saying that I have a lot of the hard PS3 Plat's on my list as well so I think that makes up for it. 

Though I don't think I'd be able to get any of those really hard plats anymore due to how bad I've become at video games since adult responsibilities have come into play. 

It's kinda sad but with time I got it's rare i'll play anything decent on my main account anymore. Kinda hope can learn to balance job and video games better but people dragging me out for a social life kinda kill's that idea every time ?

"At the end of the day, the only person who cares about your trophy list is you".

That's a piece of advice I saw on another forum about a decade ago and it's as relevant now as it was then. As far as I'm concerned, if you can look over your trophy list and be happy with it then that's all that matters.

For myself, I've got a fair number of easy games on my profile that I imagine several people would scoff at. But at the end of the day, I had fun playing pretty much all of them and that's all that matters to me.

• Like 1