MMX20

Got the game, but gonna play through the PS4 Remasters of 1.5 and 2.5 and 2.8 first

18 posts in this topic

I am so glad that I got KH3, but I am gonna play through the entire KH complatation on PS4 including 2.8. So I am gonna enjoy KH3 once I am done with the KH complatation. Has anyone else done this before playing KH3 when KH3 was released last month?

It's a ton of games. 3 is great and you'll probably still enjoy it since it's such a technical jump in quality. But are you going to be in the mood for KH3 after playing 200+ hours of Kingdom Hearts? That's up to you to figure out lol.

This thread should've been a status update; but yes, you should play the previous collections before KH3 to get the most enjoyment out of the story.

Just now, A-Brawl3r said:

This thread should've been a status update; but yes, you should play the previous collections before KH3 to get the most enjoyment out of the story.

Sorry about that. I guess I should have made it into a status update. But I hope this thread is still okay and follows the rules.

This is top-grade shitposting, excellent work OP

1 minute ago, SkyMason said:

This is top-grade shitposting, excellent work OP

Huh? Why do you think that?

I love seeing the "this should of been a status" police come out lol. There's no rule about what should be a thread. Deal with it.

1 minute ago, KingGuy420 said:

I love seeing the "this should of been a status" police come out lol. There's no rule about what should be a thread. Deal with it.

Oh. So this thread is okay then?

Just now, KingGuy420 said:

Very much so. Until someone adds an official rule, these guys are just being condescending.

I see. Thanks for telling me that.

I think the general thought about the whole "this should be a status update, not a thread" ordeal is just about voicing your thought sort of thing.  While I do agree that it would have been better as a status update, a thread is still fine in the end and I for one don't mind it as such.

Having said that, once KH3 was released, I jumped right into it, still more or less recalling the story in general (except for X or Chi, whichever you want to call it, never did get around to checking that story out myself).  But I'll probably play some of the other games again sometime, especially Dream Drop Distance as I only played through that once.

1 hour ago, KingGuy420 said:

I do think that forum threads should be somewhat relevant to the game and to the audience currently and for the future ones too.

If the reaction to your content is: ok/fine/sure/thanks for telling us/why should we care?
it should be a status update

If the reaction to your content is: wow, thanks for posting, this gonna help/that's very helpful, i'll try this right now/i'm going to repost this in other forums to spread the word/thanks for expanding my knowledge about this game

it should be a forum thread

Do understand this is all O P I N I O N. As you said, there is no rule stopping this from happening over and over again, but when I do my posts, that is the guideline that I follow because that's what I assume to be in the community overall interest. In 4 months, a status update would be long gone, but this thread will probably still show up in the most recent ones and I don't really think this is relevant information to the vast majority of the userbase of this game.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.

As long as we're just throwing our thoughts at random out there,

I think you should have bought the collections or whatever they're called, spent your time playing them, and waited on KH3 to drop in price while you play it. Unless you have zero life and are dedicating all your time to KH, it's gonna take a while, and the prices of games dips hella quick these days most of the time.

I played all of the games before III dropped! Highly recommend! It shows you how the series has progressed and keeps a lot of the story elements fresh in your mind. It also shows you some of the criticisms people suddenly have for III have always been present. 

1 hour ago, TheYuriG said:

I do think that forum threads should be somewhat relevant to the game and to the audience currently and for the future ones too.

If the reaction to your content is: ok/fine/sure/thanks for telling us/why should we care?
it should be a status update

Yeah. But he asked if anyone had done something similar, implying that he was looking for thoughts on the process. Personally, I think that's relevant to the game and people planning something similar in the future. That's a little bit more than an "OK" response type thread.

I played every game on both PS3 and PS4 from September in the run up to this release, popped the plat for Dream Drop Distance the day before release. Was it the best idea to marathon the entire series? Probably not. Was it still worth it? Yes.

I personally think one should always play series based games in order if possible to preserve story but thats just me

Again, don't play KHIII before you have played the older games, start from KH1, then Chain of memories, KH2, 358 day, Birth By sleep, Re:Coded, DDD, Back cover and KH2.8, only after these you can play KHIII.

I will never understand why people play games like this without have played the older one......

Edited by FlareZero