Favorite PlayStation 3 Games?

Parker

DMC4, the gameplay is fun, story is good, Dante is still funny, and it makes me wanna play every DMC game..except for DmC, that looks likes 100% crap

It's being worked on by Ninja Theory if I remember correctly, so I reckon it'll be good.

they changed Dante's look entriely, he looks like stupid emo: black hair, new face....its crap, it really is

Ok, let's begin with this: Ninja Theory is a good developer, and they might as well make DMC better than it ever was. Now, let's continue with how he doesn't look like an emo and how ignorant you sound by saying so (seriously, does anyone actually know what the fuck an emo is nowadays :mellow: ?). Finally, just because he looks different, it doesn't mean the game will sucks. Bashing a game that hasn't even released some gameplay trailers just because of how it looks is beyond moronic.

• Like 1

they changed Dante's look entriely, he looks like stupid emo: black hair, new face....its crap, it really is

I agree with Nag on this point, the look of the game is entirely separate from the gameplay - admittedly, it's all part of the experience, but just as it would be folly to let the technical side of graphics spoil a game for you, it'd be equally silly to let the artistic direction spoil it - if you're having fun playing it, it's a good game, and that's all that counts.

• Like 1

1) I think the word you're looking for here is goth, not emo.

2) Like Nag and Pie have said, you can't judge a game on how the main character looks, especially when very little information about the game has been released.

I for one applaud Ninja Theory for changing Dante's look like this. Even though some people are going to miss how Dante looked beforehand, it's refreshing to see a developer try something new, even if that means people will be unhappy.

1) I think the word you're looking for here is goth, not emo. 2) Like Nag and Pie have said, you can't judge a game on how the main character looks, especially when very little information about the game has been released. I for one applaud Ninja Theory for changing Dante's look like this. Even though some people are going to miss how Dante looked beforehand, it's refreshing to see a developer try something new, even if that means people will be unhappy.

I say it, because:

- Dante is what EVERYONE who has played DMC series pictures at its mention....and his look has changed. this will throw off long-time fans of the series, by taking the icon of their favorite series and changing his looks

- They changed his look, whats to say they didn't change more? as of DMC4, the series seems to have a good formula in its combat system. But with this change, I'm honestly skeptic that it will be the same Mechanics or close, and a totally new system.

Some people might still like it, but i think its a real big risk, and I for one want to see that they aren't making a complete overhaul of DMC and i will be happy, looks be damned, but as it stands? not hopeful

I say it, because:

- Dante is what EVERYONE who has played DMC series pictures at its mention....and his look has changed. this will throw off long-time fans of the series, by taking the icon of their favorite series and changing his looks

- They changed his look, whats to say they didn't change more? as of DMC4, the series seems to have a good formula in its combat system. But with this change, I'm honestly skeptic that it will be the same Mechanics or close, and a totally new system.

Some people might still like it, but i think its a real big risk, and I for one want to see that they aren't making a complete overhaul of DMC and i will be happy, looks be damned, but as it stands? not hopeful

The first point is null. Big-time fans of the series will buy the damn thing even if they don't like Dante's hispter-like look. Just look at Resident Evil, for example. How many times have they changed the series? A shitload. And how many times do fans buy them? Always.

Eveyr reboot I've ever heard of has changed the look but never the gameplay. They might try a new artistical direction, but you can be sure they'll try to make the gameplay as true to it's predecessors as possible, because that guarantees sales and that's all they care about.

The first point is null. Big-time fans of the series will buy the damn thing even if they don't like Dante's hispter-like look. Just look at Resident Evil, for example. How many times have they changed the series? A shitload. And how many times do fans buy them? Always.

Eveyr reboot I've ever heard of has changed the look but never the gameplay. They might try a new artistical direction, but you can be sure they'll try to make the gameplay as true to it's predecessors as possible, because that guarantees sales and that's all they care about.

cant be sure from lack of gameplay, and changes like this DO turn people away from games....ask any big DMC fan their opinion o n the new look, theyll echo this more than likely. NG3's possible lack of excessive blood has made many NG fans outraged, plus the ease. changes like that CAN bring hate

cant be sure from lack of gameplay, and changes like this DO turn people away from games....ask any big DMC fan their opinion o n the new look, theyll echo this more than likely. NG3's possible lack of excessive blood has made many NG fans outraged, plus the ease. changes like that CAN bring hate

They bring hate, but the fans still buy the games. Also, the PS3's versions of NG have always been easier than the 360 counterparts, where more enemies spawn and shit, so I don't understand why NG3 fans that own a PS3 are bitching about it <_<

My absolute favorites have to be listed by genre....

Action - Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood....I loved the multiplayer especially.... :D

FPS - Unreal Tournament III....my favorite FPS and the only FPS I'm willing to play.....

RPG - Final Fantasy XIII....I love anything Final Fantasy.... :P

• Like 1

The Uncharted series, without a doubt. I don't preorder games normally but Uncharted 3 is paid for in full already. Not as big into the multiplayer (though I'm hoping the Uncharted 3 multiplayer encourages me to change that)... but the single player is fantastic.

Honorable mentions definitely go out to Heavy Rain, the LittleBigPlanet's (I'd work harder to platinum them on this account if I weren't saving the single player to play with the girlfriend when she comes over)... and to a lesser extent the rest of the games on my trophy list. I traded in most of my games, started a new account and decided to only keep a quaint little list of PS3 favorites. ;)

Here are my favorites, in no particular order:

Red Dead Redemption

Battlefield Bad Co. 2

Battlefield Bad Co.

Call of Juarez

Fallout 3

Oblivion

LEGO (all of them)

Tiger Woods 12: The Masters

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Folklore

LittleBig Planet