Favorite PlayStation 3 Games?

Parker

I have a lot of favourites, but if I were to pick my no. 1, it would be Tales of Vesperia which is also my proudest Platinum which I did twice as I got a new PSN account (this one, but I had an old one). I loved the game so much that I spent another 100 or so hours getting the trophy again. It was the characters, skits and fast paced battles that I liked the best, although the mini games in particular the snowboarding one, were kind of annoying. 9 playable characters also made it more fun to strategise in battles, and the game also offered a good deal of post game content compared to other Tales games.

Lightning Returns and Final Fantasy X-2 HD are two of my other favourites (although I was a fan of X-2 since the original PS2 version despite it being one of least popular FFs). Although LR had the time limit system, I didn't find it too much of a hindrance and was able to do all the main and side quests. The garb system, extremely fast paced and fluid battles (especially in comparison to the super long ones in the game's predecessors), riding Valhalla's angel and not having to do endless grinding was very refreshing as far as JRPG's go. 

• 3 weeks later...

In no order...

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Though I haven't played Peace Walker yet). 

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Grand Theft Auto IV

Red Dead Redemption

Assassin's Creed II

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

Sleeping Dogs

L.A Noire

Tales from the Borderlands

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Favorites of mine are:

-Gta IV

-Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1 and 2

-Mafia 2

-Call Of Duty World at War and Black Ops

-Minecraft

-The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Edited by NameisBenceF
I left out The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm all about CSGO

3 hours ago, Gamesareify said:

I'm all about CSGO

[CENTER][URL="http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/dcdfan"]YGC[/URL] [URL="https://psnprofiles.com/dcdfan"][IMG=https://card.psnprofiles.com/1/dcdfan.png][/URL] [URL="http://(URL not allowed)/user/view/dcdfan"]PTL[/URL]

If I'm honest I'm still discovering the PS3 as life and money meant I sort of skipped it. I got one only just before I got the PS4 when it came out and I ended up focusing on the PS4...
I do have or know a lot of titles I like on the PS3 though and thought this would be a hard choice because I wasn't taking remasters into account... 
If remasters count though it is definitely Okami HD for me. The original on the PS2 is as childhood of a game as it gets for me and I have played it something like 10 times.

OkamiHD_FeaturedImage?$Icon$

16 minutes ago, TheJadedJay said:

If I'm honest I'm still discovering the PS3 as life and money meant I sort of skipped it. I got one only just before I got the PS4 when it came out and I ended up focusing on the PS4...
I do have or know a lot of titles I like on the PS3 though and thought this would be a hard choice because I wasn't taking remasters into account... 
If remasters count though it is definitely Okami HD for me. The original on the PS2 is as childhood of a game as it gets for me and I have played it something like 10 times.

OkamiHD_FeaturedImage?$Icon$

Never too late to check out God of War, Prince of Persia, Ultimate Ninja Storm, Black Ops 1 (for the campaign) among other games. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

Never too late to check out God of War, Prince of Persia, Ultimate Ninja Storm, Black Ops 1 (for the campaign) among other games. 

That's true. God of War actually is a game I wanted to try. I still want to fully explore the PS3 library as much as I can even though I'm late to the party.

• 2 weeks later...

Long list and awesome memories. Briefly speaking it will be

1. Red Dead Redemption GoTY

2. XCOM Enemy Unknown

3. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

4. Uncharted Drakes Fortune.

I was having a gaming fatigue of sorts most of the times when I had my PS3, so I clocked lesser hours on PS3 as compared to what I clocked on PC. But now, I'm slowly getting back to gaming. I hope this gaming fatigue will go away and I can enjoy my games the way I did 4 years back.

Obviously having the PS3 since launch there have been many games I've had as favourites until the next 'favourite' comes out.

1st off was Rainbow Six: Vegas, my first real online multiplayer experience other than a bit of PES on the PS2 via the network adapter you could get. 

COD4 and MW2: I dunked so many hours into online play but even more into MW2. I think this is where my backlog started, I was so obsessed with online play I neglected a lot of the single player games despite continuing to buy them! 

Uncharted 1: The whole series I love however still yet to play 4, it was unlike anything I'd played before and looked gorgeous.

Heavy Rain: a different type of game but every bit as captivating as Uncharted, loved how the decisions made a difference to the outcome.

The top game though must go to The Last of Us: what an incredible story, great gameplay, superb dialogue and voice acting.

People may notice some classics missing and if that's the case it's because I haven't played them yet, Bioshock, Red Dead Redemption to name two!

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen without any doubts. I have over 500 hours on that game and I can still play it, there are ton of things to do and I find it always fun. I rediscovered it thanks to PS Plus since I played the demo before but I forgot about it lol, then I bought it retail and, right now, I'm download the digital copy too since it has less fps issues (and of course I will buy it on PS4 too if japanese voice are still available).

7 hours ago, gazdavis11 said:

Obviously having the PS3 since launch there have been many games I've had as favourites until the next 'favourite' comes out.

1st off was Rainbow Six: Vegas, my first real online multiplayer experience other than a bit of PES on the PS2 via the network adapter you could get. 

COD4 and MW2: I dunked so many hours into online play but even more into MW2. I think this is where my backlog started, I was so obsessed with online play I neglected a lot of the single player games despite continuing to buy them! 

Uncharted 1: The whole series I love however still yet to play 4, it was unlike anything I'd played before and looked gorgeous.

Heavy Rain: a different type of game but every bit as captivating as Uncharted, loved how the decisions made a difference to the outcome.

The top game though must go to The Last of Us: what an incredible story, great gameplay, superb dialogue and voice acting.

People may notice some classics missing and if that's the case it's because I haven't played them yet, Bioshock, Red Dead Redemption to name two!

You're missing out by not playing UC4