Favorite PlayStation 3 Games?

Parker

My favorite is Metal Gear Solid 4

In my opinion this is the best game I have ever played. The story stakes are just so epic and it’s such a great representation of what the series is. There are so many callbacks to the previous games and this game pulls it off so well. 

There’s yet a game to surpass this game for me and doubt there ever will be. 

• Like 1

CoD 4 (modern warfare) for me !
I wasn't "corrupted" by trophies cause it didn't exist at that time ^^'

I had a team with some friends and we did some tournament in Search & Destroy Hardcore, for 2 years, that was awesome !!

Definitly the game i played the most in my life :)

• Like 1

Its a toss up between  Assassin's Creed 2 & Fallout: New Vegas for me.

Edit: ok Borderlands 2 too!

Assassin's Creed 2 is still my favorite AC game as of today.

AC2 had this special charm about it, Italy seemed so magical and beautiful in AC2 - Ezio was elegant but also swift and deadly, leaping of buildings was a joy and the exploration didn't feel necessarily too big which was good.

Fallout 3 should be here but New Vegas just one upped the game in every area.

You had to deal with so much emotions in-game form betrayal, deceit, love, slavery, racism and more. A unique experience that is even better on PC.

Borderlands 2, this game is ridiculous - crazy loot, insane story, unforgettable characters and a addictive grind for better loot. Oh and you could play with friends which made the experience 100x better.

Edited by DNA-VL

• 1 month later...

Still have a lot of games to play on it, but these are my favorite PS3 games so far (not in order):

- Mirror's Edge ;

- Uncharted 2 ;

- NieR ;

- Portal 2 ;

- Dead Space (1 and 2);

- The Last of Us;

- Max Payne 3;

- Catherine ;

- Bioshock / Bioshock Infinite.

• Like 1

Definetely Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. I remember I've struggled so much to get 100%, I was 13 at the time, but in the end I managed to get it and it was so satisfying. I've even loved the multiplayer and I am so sad that now there are so few players

Another amazing game which blew my mind away was Assassin's Creed II. Ezio is still one of my favourite characters ever. 

And for sure we cannot forget God of War III. 

Last but not least Call of Duty: Black Ops. Both multiplayer and zombie were fantastic. 

I skipped the PS3 because I was on a long gaming break. Never experienced MGS4, but I'm a huge fan of the first three. Excited that they finally put MGS4 on PSNow because I was looking for a good second hand PS3 just for this.

From PSNow/ports, so far

Tokyo Jungle

Resistance 3 (the story, I'd like a trilogy port to PS4 please)

Burnout Paradise

God of War III

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My favourites:

- White Knight Chronicles 2: just true love <3

- Fallout 3: huge, addictive and great soundtrack

- Mirror's edge: that red color is simply awesome ;)

- Bioshock Infinite: a work of art, intriguing storyline

- Singularity: distinctive atmosphere, simple, evocative

?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

let me think this........to me got to be seven at least

1. Okami HD

2. Helldivers

3. Metal Gear The Legacy Collection, And Revengeance Of course xP

4. Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 (nep nep as always)

5. Dark Souls II (get my ass kicked in the ps4 version by the way)

6. Dead Space 

7. Jojo All Stars Battle

not counting the insane amount of musou games i have of course, i enjoy each and every game here 

AccessEngage21.png

Edited by AccessEngage21
  • Like 1

With online servers off in games that made them as fun as they were when they were on, it'd now be between Far Cry 3, Dead Space/2, or Borderlands/2. Don't think I can accurately label my favorite.

Edited by EcoShifter

• 3 weeks later...
On 22.6.2011 at 9:58 AM, Parker said:

What is your absolute favorite game available on the PS3?

Mine goes to Gran Turismo 5. I'm disappointed in a lot of things that are lacking, or broken in GT5, but the driving physics more than make up for anything else. I'm a huge racing fan, and play multiple PC racing simulation games (with GT Legends being my favorite) and GT5 is a huge step towards a proper simulation game on the consoles. The game really needs to be played with a wheel and all assists off to enjoy it to it's fullest. Driving around the Green Hell, and watching the beautiful day to night transitions is absolutely amazing. The dynamic weather is also another fantastic feature. I have very high hopes for GT6 and will continue to play GT5 daily.

I have a Logitech G27 wheel, with a Thrustmaster T500RS on it's way now. I'll also be ordering an Obutto cockpit to mount everything to, and since the cockpit is so big and "ugly" the wife has allowed me to take one of the spare rooms just for my game room. Thank you Gran Turismo, I couldn't have done it without you. :D

Also, if we're talking about PS3 specific franchises I'd change my vote to Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. I adore the first one but the second improved upon it in every way imaginable. I already have the Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition pre-ordered as well as the PlayStation Vita and Uncharted: Golden Abyss.

Parker

Tekken 6, I like fighting games a lot.

Littlebigplanet 1 and 2. Very good games both of them.

Resistance 3. Was a good shooter and story mode was well too.

And some others I have platted.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...