Favorite PlayStation 3 Games?

Parker

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

There are so many I want to list, but I'll try to just stick to a few. One of my favorite early PS3 games as The Darkness. I loved that game and I'm sad it never got trophies. Another early game that I loved, that also sadly never got trophies, was The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

Then Battlefield: Bad Company 1 and 2 (1 for campaign and 2 for online, although I enjoyed BC1 online too!), Fallout 3, Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect, Kingdoms of Amalur, Uncharted trilogy and the Batman: Arkham games. I'll cut it off there. lol

On 22/06/2011 at 7:58 AM, Parker said:

What is your absolute favorite game available on the PS3?

Mine goes to Gran Turismo 5. I'm disappointed in a lot of things that are lacking, or broken in GT5, but the driving physics more than make up for anything else. I'm a huge racing fan, and play multiple PC racing simulation games (with GT Legends being my favorite) and GT5 is a huge step towards a proper simulation game on the consoles. The game really needs to be played with a wheel and all assists off to enjoy it to it's fullest. Driving around the Green Hell, and watching the beautiful day to night transitions is absolutely amazing. The dynamic weather is also another fantastic feature. I have very high hopes for GT6 and will continue to play GT5 daily.

I have a Logitech G27 wheel, with a Thrustmaster T500RS on it's way now. I'll also be ordering an Obutto cockpit to mount everything to, and since the cockpit is so big and "ugly" the wife has allowed me to take one of the spare rooms just for my game room. Thank you Gran Turismo, I couldn't have done it without you. :D

Also, if we're talking about PS3 specific franchises I'd change my vote to Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. I adore the first one but the second improved upon it in every way imaginable. I already have the Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition pre-ordered as well as the PlayStation Vita and Uncharted: Golden Abyss.

Parker

Too difficult to pick one but here's my top 4:

The Last of Us

Fallout: New Vegas
Dead Space

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

• 3 weeks later...

So many good ones but these are my absolute favourites.

Mass Effect 2

The Last of Us

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time

Portal 2 

BioShock

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Dishonoured

Dragon Age: Origins

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are a lot of great games for the PS3, obviously, but I have to say my favorite is Demon's Souls. It is one of the very few games I imported when it first came out because, at the time, I didn't think it was going to ever get a US release. The AS version wasn't locked to a region and it has English options, so it was great, and as everyone should be aware by now, Demon's Souls was (is) great. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My wife got me 5 games for Christmas in 2013:  Dishonored, TLOU, Katamari Forever, Hannah Montana and Bioshock.  For various reasons, I could easily list any of these as my favorite PS3 game, but combined it was one of the best presents I ever got. 

And yes, Hannah Montana, as the original EZPZ, is one of my favorites.  9 years later I still laugh when I see it.  It was the game that cemented my willingness to do just about anything for a trophy, and it's sandwiched in between GT5 and GTAIV which are 2 of the hardest plats out there.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife got me 5 games for Christmas in 2013:  Dishonored, TLOU, Katamari Forever, Hannah Montana and Bioshock.  For various reasons, I could easily list any of these as my favorite PS3 game, but combined it was one of the best presents I ever got. 

And yes, Hannah Montana, as the original EZPZ, is one of my favorites.  9 years later I still laugh when I see it.  It was the game that cemented my willingness to do just about anything for a trophy, and it's sandwiched in between GT5 and GTAIV which are 2 of the hardest plats out there.

You sir have some big brass ones for admitting you have a Hannah Montana game.   Congrats. 

Edited by nov_17th
just because

• 1 month later...

3D Dot Game Heroes

Castlevania Lords of Shadows series

Dead Space series

Folklore

Overlord Raising Hell

Star Wars The force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition

Transformers Fall of Cybertron (this one probably does not count since there was a digital only PS4 edition)

Edited by Void