Favorite PlayStation 3 Games?

Parker

I don't think anything ever resonated with me quite like Uncharted 2 did.

I remember in 2007, I was living with a friend of mine, and he was debating getting a PS3 or a 360 (he had a PS2), and I convinced to get the PS3 and it came with the first Uncharted and he bought a few other games with it. And I remember he was at work one day, I was there...felt like having a lazy day, so I decided to pop this game in that kept brushing off as some nothing game that just came with the console...had no idea what it was, and the next thing I know, he's coming home for his lunch break and I hadn't put this game down, I was hooked and trying to tell him how awesome it was. 

So a couple years later when it's time for Uncharted 2 to release, I had moved out, had my own PS3 and I was mega hyped and it's a game that lived up to every ounce of that hype and managed to surpass it. The graphics, the gameplay, the blockbuster movie like cutscenes, more Nathan Drake being awesome, the set pieces, the action....just Naughty Dog at their absolute best. I know I'm in the minority these days...but Uncharted is truly their masterpiece, not The Last of Us (a game that was good, but I found it too predictable). Uncharted 3 was great too...but it didn't quite capture that same level of excitement from me like 2 did.

• Like 3

So I'm like around 90% maybe 95% done with all of my ps3 games atm so I'm safe to assume I won't run into any surprises I don't think so but who knows. In no particular order this is my to 7.

1. Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut

2. Portal 2

3. Bioshock Infinite 

4. Red Dead Redemption

5. Borderlands 2 

6. Uncharted 2 

7. COD Modern Warfare 2 (My very first ps3 game way back in 2009 you just had to be there if you know you know)

All of this games hold a very special place in my heart for one reason or another and imo they should be experienced by everyone at least once.

A few hidden gems that are unfortunately not as well known as special mentions;

- 3D Dot Games Heroes 

- Binary Domain 

- Vanquish

Edited by Abraniell
  • Like 2

On 10/8/2022 at 1:00 PM, Viper said:

I know I'm in the minority these days...but Uncharted is truly their masterpiece, not The Last of Us (a game that was good, but I found it too predictable). Uncharted 3 was great too...but it didn't quite capture that same level of excitement from me like 2 did.

Uncharted is like the Indiana Jones movie trilogy from times past. Naughty Dog put their own spin on a treasure hunter down on his luck, and along the way he fights hordes of enemies, only to discover the treasure wasn’t as he initially thought. 

Uncharted 3 had an entire ship graveyard section that was a massive waste of time. The script wasn’t quite up to par. Amy Hennig didn’t seem to be as passionate based on the behind the scenes footage of Uncharted 3. 

Uncharted 2 is still my favorite Naughty Dog game. Has the perfect amount of suspense, drama and excellent set pieces. It still looks good. 

These days, I’ve mostly given up on Naughty Dog. I will still play The Last of Us Remastered. I did a playthrough on the original PS3. Great game, but not the grand masterpiece everybody makes it out to be. 

Naughty Dog is now too political and Neil Drunkmann is basically the head of the company now. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2022-10-08 at 2:46 PM, Kessarath said:

Metal Gear Solid 4 

I have to agree here 100% and more so, still my favourite Metal Gear to date across the entire series (including the ageless classics of the PS2 era). MGS4 is simply a masterpiece to me, and I’m not sure if it will ever be topped in my opinion.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

51+ILsstNIL._AC_.jpg

Setting aside the fact I’ve always loved Castlevania growing up, this is probably one of the single greatest action games that I’ve ever played in my life, alongside Metal Gear Solid 4.

Hard as nails and delightfully addicting. Be ready for a real challenge though, if you’re planning on going against the final boss of the DLC on the hardest difficulty. Took me close to six hours straight of failed attempts before finally taking him down.

Edited by SmileSlice
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Grand Theft Auto 4 Episodes From Liberty City! Niko's journey really got me. The Lost and Damned/Ballad of Gay Tony was just icing on top. Even with how bad the Definitive Editions were. Part of me still wishes we could get a glimpse of GTA 4 on Current Gen Consoles. :( I wanna go bowling again.

• Like 1

Folklore (best use of the Ps3 controller's optional movement feature and an interesting game for fans of fairy-tale-like worlds)

Portal 2 (a top 5 2-player co-op experience that will make the players feel SMART; also, it's even better than the 1st Portal game)

Journey Collector's Edition PS3 (the Ps3's collector edition of Journey had 3-4 additional minigames that were really good for local multiplayer gaming; those were removed from the Ps4's collector edition, so this, in my opinion, is the best version of Journey---because of those additional fun games that are not available anywhere else! The graveyard zombie-shooting one was great fun!)

Rayman Origins (excellent for 3-4 players in co-op, and it's one of the most fun Rayman games)

Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom (excellent adventure game)

Extras:

best psn downloads on Ps3: Persona 3 FES (note: this is far FAR better than the crappy Persona 3 portable on the Ps4/Ps5!!); Hard Corps Uprising; Cubixx HD

best game for the ps3 move controllers and the ps3 camera: Sports Champions

Edited by ValkerianCreator

Grand Theft Auto IV, I got my first ps3 with that game. I still have the original copy of the game I got way back in 2008.

Call of Duty World at War, as a teenager, I would spend countless hours online, even though there were no emblems, titles, camos for guns, there was something about that game that it didn't need those things and also who can forget about the OG zombies.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...