Favorite PlayStation 3 Games?

Parker

Your 9th playthrough?!?! I've only played a game 5 times, not 9.

Yeah, I get quite addicted to some games lol. Bare in mind that is over 2 years (ish) though. Also played R&C3 about 7 times. And Matrix: Path Of Neo about 6 or 7 :P

If I had to pick a top 3, that would be really difficult. Maybe a top 5 is more manageable for me, I tend to be indecisive at times.

1. Metal Gear Solid IV: Guns of the Patriots: Easily. The game I purchased a PS3 for, and have beaten more than any other PS3 game. I can play this game any time and never ever get bored.

2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves: The essential PS3 game, what can be said that hasn't been said already? I was pretty much glued to this game when it was released. And I don't think I replayed any other game so quickly, I think about 3 or 4 times in a row.

3. L.A. Noire: Love this game, great graphics, immersion, narrative, and characters. Black and White mode is a brilliant plus.

4. Journey: This game is a masterpiece, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. 

And now it's getting tough, a lot of games still come to mind, but to really round out the selection of PS3's best, I think I would have to go with:

5. LittleBigPlanet: A charming, clever game that seems simple but has an insane amount of depth and replayability. I traded it in a while back and still get the itch to play it, create levels, hop online, all that jazz. Never played LBP2 but I am sure it improves on the already exceptional foundation put forth here.

And now that I have it typed up, I feel like I should go back and switch it around, haha. There was a lot of great games this gen, not having Burnout Paradise, or Red Dead Redemption, or Grand Theft Auto V on the list makes me feel like I shorted somebody, but if anything, those 5 games provide a good look at all the different sights there are to see on the PlayStation 3, in my opinion.

1 - Ni No Kuni (Reason I got a PS3 in the first place)

2 - Tales of Xillia (Cant wait for ToX-2!)

3 - Tales of Graces f (Addicting Battle System)

Yep I love JRPGs ^ ^

I was thinking about getting Ni No Kuni soon. What makes the game your #1?

I was thinking about getting Ni No Kuni soon. What makes the game your #1?

Well I'm a huge fan of Ghibli films so I was ecstatic to hear that they were one of the developers.

Design - It's one of the best looking JRPGs I have seen, in terms of aesthetics; the game looks like an anime.

Story - Most of its charm comes from the story, playing it was just like watching a Ghibli film, it is very heartwarming and creative.

Battle System - The Battle System is very similar to the Tales series, and it has the same concept as Pokemon when it comes to catching familiars and leveling/evolving them.

Alot of people complain that the battle system was too slow or clunky, but that wasn't the case at all for me. In fact I thought it was very polished and strategic.

Music - The soundtrack fits the games theme very well. There is alot of magic going on, and alot of the music sounds like something that would be from a Harry Potter Movie.

The platinum isn't hard at all either, just takes some time (like most rpgs).

It's definitely worth checking out especially since it's like what 20$? That is a steal!!

Gran Turismo 5

Gran Turismo 6

Grid 2

Need for Speed: Shift

Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed

Mafia 2

Assassin's Creed 2

Thomas Was Alone

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

Yakuza: Dead Souls

Machinarium

I like racing games. I play other games to meet the gap before another new racing games can release.

Edited by ssysteve

Well I am fairly new to the ps3, I was stuck with a ps2 for the longest of long times and just recently got a ps3 ( about 7 months ago) but so far I love love love the gow series as well as payday 2, the walking dead (both the series and the actual game) somewhat kingdom of amalur and the newest game im playing is ffxiv.