Current Ubisoft sale standard vs gold editions

thinktank79

Hey everyone, I’m looking at getting far cry 5 & maybe assassins creed syndicate from the sale going on. My question is how much does the contents of the respective season passes add to the overall package for the price increase? Are the base games plenty & the dlc is just meaningless bs? Better to cherry pick individual pieces rather than get the whole thing? 

I played far cry 3 on PS3 so I doubt I’ll be in a rush to play it soon. Also looking at fun over trophies for importance 

In regards to Syndicate, the Jack the Ripper DLC was pretty good. I actually really liked the Dreadful Crimes add-on. It doesn't appear to be part of the Season Pass, though.. A paper slip with a code on it unlocked it with my new copy, so maybe that's why it's not included with the Season Pass. Can't really comment on the rest. 

Personally, I don't think the season pass for AC Syndicate was worth it from the little I remember. Jack the Ripper was ok, but it was a technical mess with a full freeze every few seconds for me and I think tons of other players. There's a mission that wasn't included with the season pass nor did it have trophies attached to it. The Last Maharaja.

Prices as of right now.

AC Syndicate Gold Edition - $27.99

Standard Syndicate - $17.49

Season Pass - 14.99

^buying them separately is more expensive than the gold edition.

Jack the Ripper DLC is actually on sale right now for $8.99.

^So if you only wanted to get the standard game and trophy dlc it would be cheaper to buy them separate right now. 

As for Far Cry 5. I'd say the Gold Edition at $40.49 is a good price since it includes everything if I'm not mistaken. I think it's cheaper than buying the Standard version + all of the DLC + Far Cry 3 Classic on its own sale right now, and it's just a couple dollars cheaper than buying the Standard version + season pass which houses all the dlc (which for individual sale are cheaper) and Far Cry 3 Classic.

• Like 1