With My Devil Dogs - boosting problems

Chris-F124

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

Forward your ports. That's why nobody can connect because it's an older style game.  Once you do this then people can join. 

Do you really think EA would get out of their way to fix a game over a decade old? Recently the Uncharted 2 Multiplayer was unplayable due to the 4.84 system software update. Naughty Dog ended up fixing it even at 9 years old, but that's ultimately up to the developers to give up working on The Last Of Us Part 2 time to tweak older games. So many developers/publishers don't do stuff like this, EA is no exception.

Hew wait a minute! If Naughty Dog took time to fix the Uncharted 2 Multiplayer, were they ever aware of the Debug Mode in the Jak & Daxter Games? It's been almost a year since the full discovery of "Supposedly Developer Exclusive" exploit/cheat and the reveal of the controller button input activation sequence and you're telling me none of the Devs (or employees at SIE) knew about it, despite many discussion threads (and a Gamepedia Page dedicated to the J&D Debug Mode) on the internet?

EA never recognized the issue with Medal Of Honor 2010 where players outside of North (and South) America could not join MP matches. Anyone outside of these server regions could only join servers when an EA ORIGIN / PSN / XBOX LIVE friend is present in the match. It's believed to have been around since as early the second week from launch. On the support forums dating years back, an employee at EA suggested to perform Troubleshooting actions (which never fix specific issues) claiming that their internet connection was the problem. Why didn't they seek for the heart of the issue? "Such incomitance. Very Selfish. Much ignorance." -Doge

There's an unobtainable trophy for EA Sports FIFA Football (PS Vita) called "Home and Away" (Please sue EA Channel Seven!). EA never patched it (they have been known for fixing trophy bugs later on with the Rank 50 trophy for Battlefront 2, though it did take a couple of months for DICE to release the bug fix) so not paying attention to this (despite Trophy Hunters being a minority) wasn't a great sign for the future.

Need For Speed: The Run (EA Black Box's last game before the mass staff lay-offs two years later) begun having issues with the Autolog Servers starting March 2016 preventing the "Stage Leader" leaderboards from showing up. This affected the "King for a Day" trophy as it required you to become the "Stage Leader" (fastest time submitted to the leaderboards against at least one friend). EA was aware of the issue but they claimed it couldn't be dealt with because it was a matter for the developers, but EA shut down the studio so nothing couldn't be done.

Don't get the wrong idea, it's worth a try contacting EA. I doubt they'll respond (don't forget Bad Company was released back in 2008) but if they do, it's gonna be the same generic "We're aware of this issue and are currently looking into it" PR statement and forget about it all together. It appears EA (and other large publishers like Activi$ion) believe "The average consumer is stupid. They will pay close attention to our support team response when it's relevant, then we'll take no action and they won't remember a thing from then. It's as if it never happened! Meanwhile at BioWare regarding Anthem..."

"I wish you all good luck contacting Electronic Arts direct!" Skeptical69 continued, "You're gonna need it alright..."

16 hours ago, Skeptical69 said:

Do you really think EA would get out of their way to fix a game over a decade old?

I don't know why you quoted me since I didn't say anything about EA fixing anything.  That's why port forwarding is a workaround to solve the connectivity issue.

19 hours ago, Flacy-94 said:

For a beginner here you able to explain how to do this? Haha

It's kinda complex, there's a few guides on the internet for port forwarding PS3 games.  It's going into your modem/router homepage and allowing certain connections. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

44 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

I don't know why you quoted me since I didn't say anything about EA fixing anything.  That's why port forwarding is a workaround to solve the connectivity issue.

It's kinda complex, there's a few guides on the internet for port forwarding PS3 games.  It's going into your modem/router homepage and allowing certain connections. 

Thanks for the help 

16 hours ago, Skeptical69 said:

Do you really think EA would get out of their way to fix a game over a decade old? Recently the Uncharted 2 Multiplayer was unplayable due to the 4.84 system software update. Naughty Dog ended up fixing it even at 9 years old, but that's ultimately up to the developers to give up working on The Last Of Us Part 2 time to tweak older games. So many developers/publishers don't do stuff like this, EA is no exception.

Hew wait a minute! If Naughty Dog took time to fix the Uncharted 2 Multiplayer, were they ever aware of the Debug Mode in the Jak & Daxter Games? It's been almost a year since the full discovery of "Supposedly Developer Exclusive" exploit/cheat and the reveal of the controller button input activation sequence and you're telling me none of the Devs (or employees at SIE) knew about it, despite many discussion threads (and a Gamepedia Page dedicated to the J&D Debug Mode) on the internet?

EA never recognized the issue with Medal Of Honor 2010 where players outside of North (and South) America could not join MP matches. Anyone outside of these server regions could only join servers when an EA ORIGIN / PSN / XBOX LIVE friend is present in the match. It's believed to have been around since as early the second week from launch. On the support forums dating years back, an employee at EA suggested to perform Troubleshooting actions (which never fix specific issues) claiming that their internet connection was the problem. Why didn't they seek for the heart of the issue? "Such incomitance. Very Selfish. Much ignorance." -Doge

There's an unobtainable trophy for EA Sports FIFA Football (PS Vita) called "Home and Away" (Please sue EA Channel Seven!). EA never patched it (they have been known for fixing trophy bugs later on with the Rank 50 trophy for Battlefront 2, though it did take a couple of months for DICE to release the bug fix) so not paying attention to this (despite Trophy Hunters being a minority) wasn't a great sign for the future.

Need For Speed: The Run (EA Black Box's last game before the mass staff lay-offs two years later) begun having issues with the Autolog Servers starting March 2016 preventing the "Stage Leader" leaderboards from showing up. This affected the "King for a Day" trophy as it required you to become the "Stage Leader" (fastest time submitted to the leaderboards against at least one friend). EA was aware of the issue but they claimed it couldn't be dealt with because it was a matter for the developers, but EA shut down the studio so nothing couldn't be done.

Don't get the wrong idea, it's worth a try contacting EA. I doubt they'll respond (don't forget Bad Company was released back in 2008) but if they do, it's gonna be the same generic "We're aware of this issue and are currently looking into it" PR statement and forget about it all together. It appears EA (and other large publishers like Activi$ion) believe "The average consumer is stupid. They will pay close attention to our support team response when it's relevant, then we'll take no action and they won't remember a thing from then. It's as if it never happened! Meanwhile at BioWare regarding Anthem..."

"I wish you all good luck contacting Electronic Arts direct!" Skeptical69 continued, "You're gonna need it alright..."

I think we all know EA are not a team player but they develop a lot of games and Battlefield is amazing so we have to suck it up and do what we can! 

On 10.02.2019 at 2:58 PM, Flacy-94 said:

Having serious trouble achieving the trophy 'With my Devil Dogs'. I have tried with multiple people and even my second ps3 and no luck! Anyone able to advise on this?

Hi man, I saw that you have problems to achieve "With my Devil Dogs" trophy, but now you got it. How you did it? I mean what I need to do for this. Just on european accounts this trophy isn't obtainable.

On 2/25/2019 at 7:58 AM, Proxor_SS said:

Hi man, I saw that you have problems to achieve "With my Devil Dogs" trophy, but now you got it. How you did it? I mean what I need to do for this. Just on european accounts this trophy isn't obtainable.

Finally picked up 2 ps3's and got my router changed to NAT Type 1. Used a VPN kept bouncing my connection and finally got it in the end. It is not unobtainable in Europe because people in Europe other than me have got. The last guy before me to get it was from Greece. Just a pain to get and a lot of effort. Keep trying. Literally have got 25-30 messages since I got it but I cannot do it for any else I don't think was just dumb luck in the end I am afraid to say.

i cant help you, i tried helping other people in bad company sessions to get it because i already got the trophy. try connecting EA

Edited by lucky0ne16

answered the man. I advised to solve the problem, but even without his advice, then we would not be worried about the trophy. man is not going to help. I look forward to your comments in the post, so that the post can be seen by other community managers.

1 hour ago, VladGolov said:

answered the man. I advised to solve the problem, but even without his advice, then we would not be worried about the trophy. man is not going to help. I look forward to your comments in the post, so that the post can be seen by other community managers.

I will post later today but did this before and got no where. EA are ruthless but hope you get the help you need.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently I played BC2 onslaught and out of a sudden I couldn't connect to my friend anymore. We tried everything but nothing seemed to work: PSN relog/ps3 reboot/router reboot/waiting for the next day and the same time it already worked, nothing...

But then, we both deactivated the media server in the network settings and after a ps3-reboot everything worked like a charm again, on first try. We were both on NAT 2 (by default), he (sitting in the USA) was host and I (sitting in Europe) could just connect to his server via an invite. Maybe this also works for BC1.