Unstoppable Armorment

IntrepidHunter

So the trophy description here, and elsewhere says: "Obtain A Rank 7 Weapon, Gun & Shield", however when I look at the trophy list on my PS4 for GE3 it says, "Obtain a Rank 7 of EACH Weapon, Gun and Shield" - is this different in the Japanese versions? I remember how grindy it was to get this same trophy in GE2: Rage Burst, and was really relieved when I saw pre-purchase it was only 1 of each per trophy description. In the end, I'll get it - I'm just wondering why there is a difference? Any clues?

Unfortunately, the way to check would be to upgrade you weapon, gun and shield you've been using for the whole game (if you want that 200 missions trophy, you need to have stuck with 1 type of weapon or gun from the beginning until you get to 200 missions done.

I just keep upgrading the same bitting edge, carabine and buckler since the beginning, so as soon as those 3 reach rank 7, we'll know ( I just got them to 6). If it doesn't work, it really means you will need every type of weapons, every types of gun and every types of shield at rank 7, to get the trophy, but I don't expect them to take forever to get.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Giga_Gaia said:

I just keep upgrading the same bitting edge, carabine and buckler since the beginning, so as soon as those 3 reach rank 7, we'll know ( I just got them to 6). If it doesn't work, it really means you will need every type of weapons, every types of gun and every types of shield at rank 7, to get the trophy, but I don't expect them to take forever to get.

I can confirm you need 1 of each weapon/shield/gun type at level 7.

• Like 2

I just got the plat for this game, and this was the last trophy I got.

I found it was pretty simple - basically my suggestion for anyone is to play through all your Rank 7 missions first, and work on upgrading your chosen weapon/gun/shield set first. Once you have that done, and have completed all Rank 7 missions, then go through the other weapons/guns/shield lists and take a look at crafting whatever Rank 6's you can, but first check out the upgrade tree and following that.

Going this route, I was actually able to craft several Rank 7 items without needing to grind for them at all. I was also able to select a couple "easier" mats to grind for, like a Boost Hammer that needed Simian Parts and a Scythe that needed the Draconian parts - there are missions there that are just 2 of each of these monsters so grinding the drops was really easy.

I also highly reccommend equipping 'Bottomless' to either your main shield or gun @ Rank 5 as I got about 80% of my rare drops by devouring and having 4 chances for that, versus the end mission rewards.

• Like 1