PS3 is now a chore?

Reinachii-

I cant bring myself to play my ps3

i even stopped adding the ps3 ps+ games to my library

well, for starters they have been complete shit

but yeah man, i literally have no desire to boot up my ps3 and i still have a ton of unstarted/unfinished games at hand

Edited by Property_Damage
  • Like 4

I've been currently working through my gaming backlog as of recent and it can feel like a hassle swapping from one video game platform to another. inFamous 2 is defiantly a solid improvement over the first entry title in the inFamous series and overall a good game in my opinion, I plan to go back and obtain the Platinum(:platinum:) as well, a possible solution you can do is prioritize the rest of the PlayStation 3 games you have left and aim to complete them in 2019 thus when the year 2020 comes around you can put all your focus on completing your PlayStation 4 Titles, I don't think its a case of "is the ps3 just not for me anymore" but more so a case of you wanting to move on to something new, fresh and current.

Edited by Shaowsintzu

i find it hard to use the ps3 these days. i've had my ps4 for a bit over a year and the last time i really used it was when i got the ps4 and went back to platinum the game i was playing on ps3. its ps4 and vita for me, rest mode is a huge convenience. picking up right where i left off.

especially with more and more releasing on ps4, makes it even more pretty much a guarantee i wont be touching the ps3 for a longer time. then again, i got my fun out of it over the years.

Just now, DEI2EK said:

Really? I haven’t played them yet, only SS and First light, but I saw a lot of people saying that 2 was the best and SS wasn’t as good as that one

I played Second Son before all the others so going back to the old, dark, bland and clunkier games wasn't really a good experience. I'm not sure if it would have been different if I had played one of those first or been there at the time, but it just felt like too much of a step back.

I curantly am playing a couple of ps3 titles I never got around to play.  Forgot how much a joy it was to play ncaa football with no online trophies.  Older games cant be compared to newer ones.  Everyone will be talking the same thing in 5 years about the ps4.  Infamous is on my back list of games to play.  I am a little anal about games though.  Cant really start a newer title, especially good games, unless I start from the first title in the series.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

The old infamous games kind of suck compared to Second Son

Really, I think the first 2 and Cole are way better than Second Son. I even think First Light and playing as Fetch was more interesting than Cole.

Back to OP. Yeah I have some games on PS3 I still want to finish and some I haven't started yet that I'd like to play but never can bring myself to play it.

• Like 2

Nope, still play on my baby xD I like to frequently swap between PS3, PS4 and PSVita, sometimes I want to play on a newer console and other times I want to go back to a console I grew up with and the Vita is great anytime! ^_^

You do need to remember that the PS4 is of course better because it's newer, when the PS5 comes put people will prefer that one. It always happens because people like the newest things and new games, going back to something older makes you realise what it's missing and how bad the games are.

• Like 2

i also still play on my ps3. i agree though, its not the same anymore. just playing DmC devil may cry which uses the ue and i remember how poorly ports are optimized for the ps3. same with metro last light, runs horribly on ps3 but both DmC devil may cry and metro runs at around 60 fps on ps4 and is supposed to be a much better experience. i cant wait to play them on ps4 just to see the massive difference.

Edited by UlvenFenrir

Not a chore at all. On the contrary games were better at that time: Mass Effect series, Dead Space series, Skyrim, Vanquish, GTA, Uncharted, etc. It's not for nothing that there are so many remastered games on ps4 and no new IPs (or very few). And there were no shady methods like crappy season passes or lootboxes.

So overall still playing my ps3 with great pleasure.

Now excuse me but I see some kids on my lawn...

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Conker said:

I Personally don't find it a chore, i'm constantly switching between PS3/4 and vita playing games all the time. 

Signed in only to upvote you and to...

1 hour ago, Shadiochao said:

The old infamous games kind of suck compared to Second Son

That makes me lol.The 1st Infamous is way above any other Infamous...the only thing the others have better is tech and that's that.

Nope, no problem for me whatsoever. Sure I haven't booted my PS3 up in a couple of months except for getting PS+ titles, but I'm on a different mission now. I usually bounce back and forth tho and it doesn't feel weird or anything like that at all. As for Infamous 2, I think it's one of the better games on PS3 so I don't think it's the game itself but maybe it's starting to show its age.

I still have my original model (no PS2 support) PS3, and I just can’t be bothered. I hate its controller, I hate how often it crashes, I hate the download and installation process, and I hate how much gosh darn power it sucks out of the outlet. Mine is in an unmarked cardboard box in one of three closets, and I don’t expect to see it again for a long time. And it sucks, because they’ll probably never remaster Ni No Kuni or the two main Ratchet & Clank Future games, let alone include PS3 backward compatibility in a future console. But oh well....

I’ve been buying a lot of the non-exclusive and non-remastered PS3 games I already own on Xbox One lately. Just Cause 2, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Portal 2, Oblivion, Kingdoms of Amalur, Fallout 3, New Vegas, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Sonic Generations, and Skate 3. I don’t want to fight with my consoles to enjoy my games anymore.

And I still have my GameCube, N64, Saturn, PS2, Xbox, and SNES in the cabinet too, all ready to be played whenever. So it’s not like I don’t care about older games. PS3, strictly with regard to hardware / firmware, has just aged about as well as salmon set out at room temperature for three months.

Edited by crauuecrauue