PS3 is now a chore?

Reinachii-

Personally, I don’t mind going back to older gaming systems. For the most part. There are games that I still look forward to (re-)playing on PS3, including (but not limited to) Tales of Graces f, NieR RepliCant, Ni no Kuni and Tears to Tiara II!

While I do not use the majority of social interactive features that the PS4 offers, I do very much appreciate that it allows me to suspend apps on the fly with a press of the PS button. Love that feature. For easily distractable hyper bunnies™️ such as me, myself and I, this option is perfect ? 

I’ve gotten used to being able to suspend games on the VITA and was happy to learn that the PS4 allows me to do that as well. In the past, the lack of a true ’suspend & standby mode’ on both the PSP and the PS3 sometimes gave me trouble in long JRPGs with few opportunities to save.

The one thing that is keeping me from playing my PS3 right now is that I was in the middle of Resonance of Fate before the account switch. I plan to go back to the game eventually (possibly after the VITA birthday community event) and finish it but I have to go through 9 whole, gigantonormous chapters until I’ll have reached the point where I left off = I’ll have to replay every minute of the >75 hours that I’d previously put into the game on my old account (-᷅_-᷄๑)

• Like 1

I do get the urge for the ps4 but for now I did set a goal to get as many ps3 platinum as my age.Currently at 51 :platinum: needing 19 more :platinum: to complete,you can do the math.Not easy to achieve playing hack & slash/shooter games like GOW ascension,Mirrors edge,FC 2 so on.Many games not yet tried sitting on the shelf saying pick me/pick me for your next game.I will have to extend the time into next year for sure.

Many of these ps3 games have great graphics & game play the ps4 must be awesome.

Maybe the Ps5 will be out by then.

• Like 1

I still play on my ps3 ( Vita sometimes too ), but when im playing ps4 and switching back to ps3, the controlller for the ps3 feels so weird. So i put a ps4 controller on my ps3 and it feels so much better then. Honestly the ps3 is a good console but coming back after playing with the ps4 feels weird at the begining

Edited by xTrap-ViisiioNz
some words was spelled wrong

Not really. Got a PS4 recently and even though it has a bevy amount of features compared to the PS3, I honestly don't see anything wrong with going back to it. I'm going to go even farther and say that I like the look and feel of the XMB on the PS3 more. I really don't get too excited about the PS4's social media capabilities so those really don't add much to me. One thing I find the PS3 can sort of a chore is due to how slow it is to do any task compared to the PS4. The latter is much more efficient in copying files, opening menus and just moving back and forth.

Other than that, playing games feels roughly the same for me. Both do it in their own way and they do it fine so I'm happy. The fact that I have way more games on PS3 than on PS4 makes me spend most of my time on that one and really doesn't come off as a chore to me.

It really is a chore. I've completely moved over to PS4. Can't even bring myself to download MGS4 (always wanted to try it, but I feel like it's not going to happen). At this point I'd love to get rid of mine but no one is interested in a free PS3. I think one day I'm going to follow my sister's advice and just smash it with a hammer or something like that.

15 hours ago, rusty1027 said:

I've actually started going back to my PS3. I played Eiyuu Senki recently and now I'm playing Drakengard 3. I actually didn't think I'd use my PS3 again for months after Eiyuu Senki but then one day I just felt like buying and playing Drakengard 3.

Nice hearing that ^^ 

Was Eiyuu Sneki good overall ? I'v been wanting to get for years based on the tactical gameplay and waifu warlords but never seemed to get in a promo or sale , always at launch price being a digital-only , it kinda killed my mood to get it and play it after so many years waiting for a sale.

I still have a handful of PS3 games to try and plat, and I have no issues with switching back and forth between PS3 and PS4. Yes, the PS3 is slower overall, and syncing trophies takes much longer than on PS4, but performance-wise, there's nothing wrong with it.  Currently I'm looking to play the ZOE Collection, Steins Gate and Resistance 3, and would also like to try and finish a couple of others such as Frozen Synapse Prime.

I'll probably play those games to finish my PS3 backlog, and play largely MP trophies on PS4 to get those out of the way, so that I can then focus entirely on PS4 single player.

• Like 1