Anthem Trophy Thoughts?

Kishnabe

Trophy list looks easy, simple and fun so they got a point there but what about the actual game?  

Is there a review section here that I missed? 

I'm not the type to give my money blindly and defo not to the likes of EA, Activision, Bethesda, R*/ Take2, Konami, etc.

Your profile says otherwise. Perhaps, turn your profile to private before launching into full fake outrage mode.

• Like 2

It's definitely a solid list. I'm still torn on whether I pick this up with Division 2 out shortly after and both essentially shoot and loot type games. I'm leaning towards both at the moment.

One trophy in this list which stands out though is Master Talent - Complete a mission, contract, or stronghold with a masterwork javelin rarity. Not really sure what is required for a masterwork javelin rarity (is it all gear at masterwork level?) but it could be tricky with low drop rates on masterwork level loot. Who knows. Anyone have any ideas on this one? I haven't played the beta unfortunately.

1 hour ago, PeachyJacobs said:

It's definitely a solid list. I'm still torn on whether I pick this up with Division 2 out shortly after and both essentially shoot and loot type games. I'm leaning towards both at the moment.

One trophy in this list which stands out though is Master Talent - Complete a mission, contract, or stronghold with a masterwork javelin rarity. Not really sure what is required for a masterwork javelin rarity (is it all gear at masterwork level?) but it could be tricky with low drop rates on masterwork level loot. Who knows. Anyone have any ideas on this one? I haven't played the beta unfortunately.

It will require at least Grandmaster 2, I guess. The rarity of your javelin depends on the overall level of the pieces you gather and equip on it, and the more rare the pieces the more level they have.. You are filling a bar that when its completely filled it will shift to the next rarity level. Masterwork is the second highest, below Legendary I think.

Edited by BlackTorito
Formatting

12 hours ago, Sebax55 said:

Seems easy enough, the main question - will I be able to finish Jump Force and Far Cry in one week 

34 minutes ago, Rakinho993 said:

What about Metro Exodus? :D

To me Far Cry, Metro, Anthem, Jumpforce

Will this is the true problem and am still taking my time with KH3 but the closer the release date get my panic level increase i need a vacation ?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Splathew said:

I'm not really crazy about having to play as each Javelin. In games like this, I normally pick one class/build and roll with it. That said doesn't look like a bad list.

Look at it this way, its not as bad as Destiny for example, you had to max out each class. Here you only have to have one character and you can use all suits.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

Is there a review section here that I missed? 

Your profile says otherwise. Perhaps, turn your profile to private before launching into full fake outrage mode.

1.  What?  dont think so, im new here but what i was referring to is that its nice that the trophy list looks.... like not a headache.  im older now and dont want to spend hundreds of hours focusing solely on the trophies of a game.  i like working for them but not to the point that it would be sickening.

2.  Not sure what you mean tbh and what outrage?  i just dont want to BLINDLY buy their products when their current track record is so abysmal.  No hate or anything, its just me pointing out the truth.  Something that is crucial to me is how they treat the player base, predatory practices, etc.

41 minutes ago, Vizard-Ichigo-- said:

1.  What?  dont think so, im new here but what i was referring to is that its nice that the trophy list looks.... like not a headache.  im older now and dont want to spend hundreds of hours focusing solely on the trophies of a game.  i like working for them but not to the point that it would be sickening.

2.  Not sure what you mean tbh and what outrage?  i just dont want to BLINDLY buy their products when their current track record is so abysmal.  No hate or anything, its just me pointing out the truth.  Something that is crucial to me is how they treat the player base, predatory practices, etc.

Best to ignore him, he picks fights in every thread, especially those in which someone has the temerity to even imply that his beloved big AAA publishers are less than perfect.

Edited by LepreCon91
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Rakinho993 said:

What about Metro Exodus? :D

To me Far Cry, Metro, Anthem, Jumpforce

I know I will not complete Metro before Anthem because it seems like a long game, but I bet 100% that I can complete Jump Force in less then 10h (usually fighting games are short) and Far Cry in 6 days. I hate you developers for making me choose ?

On 2/12/2019 at 10:04 AM, LepreCon91 said:

Best to ignore him, he picks fights in every thread, especially those in which someone has the temerity to even imply that his beloved big AAA publishers are less than perfect.

My profile isn't private and I have fewer EA games(AAA games overall) than the other guy that's going on about his non-trophy related fears about predatory practices and other hogwash.

The fact of the matter is the time for complaining about BF2 has passed. EA has, once again, added a game that's topping the activity charts here with Apex. In a weeks time that might increase again with Anthem. I say this as an observer mostly because I don't play anything of them. This plat is looking pretty easy(without all the drama one could look at the other guy's profile and see this game as right up their alley.) so I might add it to the collection, full disclosure.

Edited by TJ_Solo