Last episode is out in a month! Where's the hype? [spoilers]

The last episode of the final season is out in just over a month, and the last forum post for this game is from 4 weeks ago? Come on!

I won't lie, the final season hasn't grabbed me that much, I mean, I got into it a bit around episode 3 and waiting for the third episode of four to really pull you in is by no means how you're meant to do it, but this is the final episode, potentially final appearance of all time, of our girl Clem! Come on! Where's the hype, dudes? I know some people didn't care for season 3, which I mean, I get, I liked it but I'll be real, I don't remember the end of it at all, or a lot of the middle, I mean, I remember the main bits but eh, I can see why you'd be burned out by three, I probably wouldn't have been super interested in the new one if it wasn't named "THE FINAL SEASON", but it is, and I am, so again I ask

Where's the hype, dudes?

We've watched Clem grow from a first grader hiding in her treehouse from monsters, to a mother figure raising a boy in a world overrun by zombies. 6/7 years spent over her development and growth from a scared child to a full on survivor and y'all got nothing on these forums? At all? Was season three really so bad people lost interest that quickly?

I don't know. I went on here to join a discussion but there isn't one and I'm not equipped to make one, so it's more of a mini ramble, but like, fuck. I'm excited, especially after the end of episode 3, it looks like episode 4 is gonna pick up right there and then. In my playthrough AJ killed Lilly and the bomb went off and we're all kinda fucked on this ship as the credits started to roll. So I gotta know, considering the next episode is the final episode of the final season, I gotta know how it goes from here. 

Like, silly me hopes Clem and AJ and Violet (who is Clem's sorta girlfriend in my playthrough) make it out alive and the zombies die and it's all good. Sorry to Assim, Louis, Tenn, and who ever else is still alive, but not cool enough for me to remember. But maybe they'll pull an Amazing Spider-Man 2012 and just drop a massive gas cloud over the world and cure the zombies of being zombies and Clem can take AJ to the park with Violet and have a nice picnic or something!

But like, I know that ain't happening, so you gotta figure Clem is likely to die, presumably protecting AJ and the group, but then it's like, are they gonna give her a badass death, is she gonna pull through to the end of the episode, is she gonna get surprise knifed in the back and all this is for nothing, or what? It's the last chance to theorize, come on! Where's that hype? If AJ ends up having to shoot Clem I don't think it will be as impacting as when Clem had to shoot Lee, so I doubt they'd go for it, but then again, based on the box art, they are a fan of symmetry between seasons. I could see them trying to spin it, have AJ get bit, Clem has to shoot him, and then she shoots herself, but if after all these years Clem goes out by shooting herself I'll be pretty bummed, but like, it's a never ending fight with these zombies and half the time the humans you meet are even worse so I'd understand but I'd hope that's not how they end it. 

How would you want them to end it? I'd at least hope when Clem goes ONE OF YOU would be bummed, like seriously, even for the trophies, where is the interest in this game series gone?

• Like 2

I think for me, telltale buying up every IP and forgetting about the games that made them great, (walking dead season 1 and the wolf among us) was a big let down and kinda made me back burner the franchise as a whole

wolf among us should of had a sequel ages ago and now never will, but they put out 2 shitty batman games, 2 shitty minecraft games, and the list goes on, etc

though i do have most of all their releases, including all the walking deads, they lost touch with there fans, the community asked them time and time again, give us a new walking dead, give us a new wolf among us, they instead gave us guardians of the galaxy

Lee and Clem will always have a special place in my gaming heart though and i do look forward to going back and finishing the series

• Like 1

I think (in my opinion) is that the whole Telltale fiasco left a stain on the series and them saying, "whelp, we'll just leave it here at part 2 and you suckers that bought the season pass can eat it. Bye!" and hearing nothing for months put a sour taste in people's mouths. I have played all of them and have enjoyed them all, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it ends. Maybe have an impossible choice like the end of Telltales Batman, that would be good. 

I'm interested in it but I'll wait for it to arrive on PlayStation Plus like every other Telltale game has. I even passed on the PlayStation store preorder bonus for the final season when they threw in every other Telltale game for free, for the same reasoning. They devalued their games so much that I felt burned every time I paid money for them.

So many negative people, S4 has been great in so many ways, I am ready and hyped for the last episode.

1 hour ago, Cobby said:

It died after I played S1 and ... meh. Totally predictable, standard zombie stuff. :dunno: For some reason bought S2 and same again, just boring as fuck. Ain't bothering with the rest. 

Lol you’re wrong, it didn’t die after S1, also it’s a Walking Dead story so of course they’re are things in it you might be able to predict but it’s not all that predictable.

3 hours ago, freaky_45 said:

I think (in my opinion) is that the whole Telltale fiasco left a stain on the series and them saying, "whelp, we'll just leave it here at part 2 and you suckers that bought the season pass can eat it. Bye!" and hearing nothing for months put a sour taste in people's mouths. I have played all of them and have enjoyed them all, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it ends. Maybe have an impossible choice like the end of Telltales Batman, that would be good. 

Lol them not being able to do the other 2 episodes wasn’t a deliberate thing like you make it sound, the reason we knew nothing for months was because it takes time to work this shit out, why does nobody understand that?

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 2

I'm looking forward to starting season four once all episodes have been released. I may even pick it up a week earlier and finish the first few episodes before the last one releases.

I Still have to play through the Walking dead collection game on ps4 as well as both the US and EU versions of season 4 to complete every single telltale walking dead game/version.  

2 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Can you notice a difference in Episode 3 (in structure, graphics, story, anything?) from the first two since Telltale is out of the mix?

Seems like it would be difficult pick it up seamlessly from another developer.

I didn’t notice any difference, seemed exactly like the other episodes quality wise.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

I didn’t notice any difference, seemed exactly like the other episodes quality wise.

Thanks, looking forward to it and I have enjoyed all the Walking Dead seasons and really all Telltale games since they moved away from point and click (Sam & Max) and more into story narrative.

There is an argument that they never really evolved or changed things up but I think the formula largely worked (as far as making a quality game).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Thanks, looking forward to it and I have enjoyed all the Walking Dead seasons and really all Telltale games since they moved away from point and click (Sam & Max) and more into story narrative.

There is an argument that they never really evolved or changed things up but I think the formula largely worked (as far as making a quality game).

Yeah, I’m gonna miss Telltale games. Also this season does some new things none of the other seasons did, like collectibles, walker fights, they were just starting to mix things up a bit and then they went bankrupt and shutdown. Such a sad thing.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

So ignorant, seriously.. I hate that people are so cynical on this site.. everyone is on their high horses all with their pinkies up.. it’s quite annoying.. oh and let me be a nuisance by coming into a thread about a game that I don’t care about to talk about another episodic game and how I can’t wait for it to release season two.. pathetic.. just to get a reaction.. 

i havent played the final episode, due to my work schedule.. to be honest, my stomach is in knots but I accidentally read semi-spoilers on instagram so.. idk.. I’m very interested to see how everything will play out with everything that has happened thus far.. but im just nervous to say goodbye.. we’ve come so far with Clem.. and we’ve seen her go through so much.. she’s endured far too much.. and now AJ.. It’s jus a lot, y’know? And to think that this is goodbye? After almost 7 long years.. this is how it all ends

Edited by xxdmcgee2288xx
Misspelled word
  • Like 1