Buying?

Warmachine0341

Gonna wait to see how it turns out but if i had to buy one right now, i would go with Anthem.  Gonna wait a good 4+ months to see what happens.  Really wanna see how its at launch, how they treat the players, predatory practices, roadmap, etc

As for TD2, i played the private "beta" (throught sign up) and found it quite awful.  Got burned with the first game and while it did get decent many MANY months after release, it left a bad impression on me and this looks the same.... if not worst.  My recommendation with UBi products are to wait 2-3 months after release for single player games (AC, WD, etc) and 6+ months for the likes of TD, FH, R6, etc.

Hope both (all) games turn out well tho, there seem to be people that do care a lot about them.

• Like 1

Getting Destiny/ Division/ Sea of Thieves vibes off of this, from what I've seen and heard so far.  I downloaded the demo but never got around to it, but from the sounds of things I didn't miss much. Maybe I'm wrong but it's really sounding like it's going to be one of those games that has a rough launch and "gets better" a few months down the line, which would be a pity because BioWare was my favourite developer years back. I really hope that I am wrong and in that case I hope everyone who gets it has a blast with it, that lots of people buy it to support BioWare (but hands off those microtransactions- EA make billions in profit off their sales and monetization in other games so don't even try to tell me they need it here to fund DLC for this) and maybe I'll join you for some games in a few months. Right now, I'm not hyped or grabbed in any way and have plenty of other games right now that need my attention.

Edited by LepreCon91

Played the open beta, the game seemed fun but I fear that it's going to be a very big, but empty game that will exhaust its content quickly. I hope I'm wrong, but like many others, I got Destiny vibes from it. I loved Destiny, but the game took a while to get going and it definitely had its flaws, namely the open-world that was devoid of anything.

Waiting to see how the game pans out in the coming months and how the endgame is. It's not off my radar, but I have my reservations about it, especially due to EA's hand in this. I'll wait until the holidays (probably) and if it has a solid discount I'll buy it. I'd set my price range at $20 or lower for the time being.

I sadly preordered it, played VIP demo weekend, and I had enough of it 1 hour in. Ive heard theyve fixed and are changing alot before release, but the demo alone has me questioning how much Im really going to enjoy it. 

My biggest problem was respawning, if I have to wait 10minutes every time i die, waiting for a teammate to pick my useless ass up, than it doesnt seem appealing.

• Like 1

I just picked it up. Not even sure I’ll get to play. Time is severely limited. Just had a baby and he’s colicky so a lot of crying I’m still working on the plat for new dawn, and if division 2 comes out before I get around to anthem I’ll probably end up leaving it in my back log. Hopefully I at least find time to check it out though 

I'm definitely going to wait on this one. $20-30 will be the sweet spot, I think. As bad as it might actually be at launch, you know they're going to work to patch out bugs and make gameplay improvements that may already be in the works. Didn't Destiny and Destiny 2 have the same issue (never played either, but feel like I'd read similar stories)? Things will hopefully work out, and then more people will dive in.

I played demo and enjoyed it so picked up the game. Story is not great. I just mash o to skip. However the combat is where this game shines. I am really enjoying it. They have fixed a tonne of issues and haven't been booted once since patch 1.03. Also you can respawn after 5 seconds now with a short load screen. Maybe another 3 secs. 

• Like 1

Might pick it up in a year or 2 if anyone is still playing it by then and assuming they have actually released enough content to call this a full game.

Don't want to support a developer that release an empty shell of a game and expect people to pay full price. Cause if we do they will just continue to take advantage of its customers. Seems like it has sold piss poor aswell so it might not be worth picking it up in a year. But if there is still a healthy player base i'll buy it preowned for about 15 bucks. 

Will most certainly not buy it now since every reviewer i watch basicly says the same thing. It's not worth anywhere near 60 bucks since there is 0 content (not counting loading screens as content) and a whole bunch of bugs. But the combat and abilities looks really fun.

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 1

My opinion, it's a fun game. I'd give it a 7.5/10.

Gameplay: They nailed it. The gameplay is fluid, controls feel great and responsive. If you like Mass Effect combat, you will like this.

Graphics: The game looks amazing, not much else to say.

Story: Weak, but what I expected for a co-op based game.

Endgame: not much content, but the gameplay makes it fun to play. Future content will be free so it'll get better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

If you like Mass Effect combat, you will like this.

What? Have i missed something? From everything iv'e seen it looks nothing like mass effect that was the appeal of the combat to me.

If its like Mass Effect i will definitely never buy it. Thought you could fly around and hover and shoot things. Not like ME where you use cover mechanics and pause combat while using team mates abilties.

2 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

What? Have i missed something? From everything iv'e seen it looks nothing like mass effect that was the appeal of the combat to me.

If its like Mass Effect i will definitely never buy it. Thought you could fly around and hover and shoot things. Not like ME where you use cover mechanics and pause combat while using team mates abilties.

There are no cover mechanics like mass effect, but the shooting is the same. You can hover and shoot like MEA. You have abilities like in any other ME. If you are thinking you can just fly full speed and shoot without landing you are mistaken. Flying is more of a getaway and hide mechanic in combat.

5 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

There are no cover mechanics like mass effect, but the shooting is the same. You can hover and shoot like MEA. You have abilities like in any other ME. If you are thinking you can just fly full speed and shoot without landing you are mistaken. Flying is more of a getaway and hide mechanic in combat.

Alright. From what i've heard every single person likes the combat in Anthem, so if they can continue to build on that i think the game can be saved from the rocky launch and recover and become really good games like Warframe/Destiny did.

Edited by Quink666