Lets talk about weather?

Isa

Idk, just making this because there a minor dust storm over Sydney and surrounding regions. now I'm curious how weather is where all of you are at.

whqNb1p.jpg

Edited by Isa
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

There was a blizzard all day that has now turned into a pretty big rainstorm. I expect it to freeze overnight. It is pretty gross overall. Hamilton, Ontario.

Don't think I've ever been in a blizzard, honestly sounds why too cold for me

Not a single cloud in the sky and kind of mild. Not really jacket weather though. But it's supposed to rain over the weekend I think, and with that it will probably get foggy and look like Silent Hill outside which I'm perfectly fine with.

8 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

It's been really nice here, up to 80 degrees Fahrenheit.  Sunny with some clouds most of the day with a short rain storm around lunch time.  It was perfect to go out for an early evening walk.

Gotta love them walks, especially went it starts raining suddenly with no warning. 

8 hours ago, Feral said:

It was bloody hot today (41℃) with smoke all around from the bushfires. But fortunately a cool change has arrived and it's alright now.

Yeah,  I moved back down here recently,   Though for awhile we got a few major bush fires while I was in my home town due to those fire bugs that tend to light them on hot windy days. At least it's not as hot as last month ? I enjoyed the heat but for some reason everyone else looked like they where dying just taking a step outside when it was 47. Mean I should have been the one melting I've been living overseas most my life only really coming back to visit family. 

52 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

We've had several periods of ice and snow and arctic temperatures. Today, it's sunny and relatively warm for this time of year. This weekend, more snow. In June or July, I'll be bitching about the heat. xD

Know those feels, though I'd probably turn into a popsicle if it go colder then - 10°C even with warm cloths

A little snow from Winter Storm Maya (just happens to be a certain Brooks' first name in Mass Effect 3... LOL).  It could have been worse. Luckily for me it was a dusting & didn't stick, but it is cold AF right now with a wind chill around 20 F.  Luckily I'm north of where Nadia is expected to hit when it heads eastward.  Sure hope this will be about over in a month. 

Spoiler

You'll deal with Maya Brooks & also your clone during ME3's Citadel DLC.  They've stolen the Normandy & will try to stop you from taking it back. (how fitting that a winter storm shares its name with an antagonist!)

Just praying there won't be another tetrad of terror like Gia, Harper, Indra, & Jayden.  OMG all that snow was more than I could bear.  And let's not get started about that polar vortex... that was damned miserable.  We don't need another PV breakdown.

Gardening beats shoveling snow any day.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gameoverDude189 said:

A little snow from Winter Storm Maya (just happens to be a certain Brooks' first name in Mass Effect 3... LOL).  It could have been worse. Luckily for me it was a dusting & didn't stick, but it is cold AF right now with a wind chill around 20 F.  Luckily I'm north of where Nadia is expected to hit when it heads eastward.  Sure hope this will be about over in a month. 

Hide contents

You'll deal with Maya Brooks & also your clone during ME3's Citadel DLC.  They've stolen the Normandy & will try to stop you from taking it back. (how fitting that a winter storm shares its name with an antagonist!)

Just praying there won't be another tetrad of terror like Gia, Harper, Indra, & Jayden.  OMG all that snow was more than I could bear.  And let's not get started about that polar vortex... that was damned miserable.  We don't need another PV breakdown.

Gardening beats shoveling snow any day.

Swap places next time one of them come though, just so I can understand how cold miserable is?

Just now, Isa said:

Swap places next time one of them come though, just so I can understand how cold miserable is?

When that happened, the wind chill went sub-zero.  This was around the time winter storm Jayden hit.  It ranged from teens below zero to even as low as -60 F (like in Minn & SD/ND).

Of course Trump used that to say "what the hell is going on with global warming... please come back fast, we need you".  Hmph... what is he thinking?  I have a strong feeling that global warming can be causing that crap.  Sudden stratospheric warming was what borked the polar vortex.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gameoverDude189 said:

When that happened, the wind chill went sub-zero.  This was around the time winter storm Jayden hit.  It ranged from teens below zero to even as low as -60 F (like in Minn & SD/ND).

Of course Trump used that to say "what the hell is going on with global warming... please come back fast, we need you".  Hmph... what is he thinking?  I have a strong feeling that global warming can be causing that crap.  Sudden stratospheric warming was what borked the polar vortex.

It's not hard to understand what cause extreme lows to highs. Though I am not good at explaining things so I'll just leave it at that. But a comment like that from Trump is kinda ridiculous, just means he doesn't understand how climate is effected from aspects thoughout the world. Still would like to experience something like that at least once in my lifetime, though for anyone that had no where to go or couldn't afford anything to keep warm it would have been a nightmare. Not sure how effective fire would be at those temperatures or if it would even stay lit? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gameoverDude189 said:

Fire could be risky... in some cases the wind may actually spread it.  That's been a problem in California with some of their wildfires. 

Not likey if its negative 60, everything is likey to be damp from the snow wouldn't it? Providing that it lit in a place with nothing flammable in the proximity of any embers or flanes before cooling off. Though I was thinking more so in a cave or under a bridge where the wind is cut off and its gonna be dry

Edited by Isa

3 hours ago, Isa said:

Yeah,  I moved back down here recently,   Though for awhile we got a few major bush fires while I was in my home town due to those fire bugs that tend to light them on hot windy days. At least it's not as hot as last month 1f602.png I enjoyed the heat but for some reason everyone else looked like they where dying just taking a step outside when it was 47. Mean I should have been the one melting I've been living overseas most my life only really coming back to visit family.

It's usually always dipshits that are the cause of these fires. One bushfire up here was started by some idiot burning rubbish in a drum. Summer has been alright up here, yesterday was the hottest day we've had. Holy shit, 47 is mental I'd be dying too. Ah fair enough, overseas has made you tough hey lol.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Feral said:

It's usually always dipshits that are the cause of these fires. One bushfire up here was started by some idiot burning rubbish in a drum. Summer has been alright up here, yesterday was the hottest day we've had. Holy shit, 47 is mental I'd be dying too. Ah fair enough, overseas has made you tough hey lol.

Nah, just been hard worker since I was a kid. Use to working in strenuous conditions. Hontestly wouldn't be surprised if I get diagnosed with some form of cancer by time I reach 30's or 40's

Also just seen the news story in my feed. 

Edited by Isa

2 hours ago, Reinachii- said:

Freezing...need...heater...and...bed..

大丈夫ですか?

私は寒さに弱いのであまり寒い季節が得意ではない。

Edited by Isa

1 hour ago, Isa said:

大丈夫ですか?

私は寒さに弱いのであまり寒い季節が得意ではない。

まだ生きてるか聞いてるなら、大丈夫ですw

やけどさ、日本の冬寒すぎて本間に死にそうだわw

早く夏になったらいいなぁ。

English thread! sorry &&

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Reinachii- said:

まだ生きてるか聞いてるなら、大丈夫ですw

やけどさ、日本の冬寒すぎて本間に死にそうだわw

早く夏になったらいいなぁ。

English thread! sorry &&

Okay、 and yeah I know the feels that's why I'm back home in Australia. That and Family matters、 really gotta refine my Japanese better but I'm worried if I do I'll forget how to speak english as my memory is horrible. So I like to practice from time to time but honestly I'm forgetting what words to use and structures again. Been back in Australia too long、 but I only work 6 months so I have a bit to to get back up to scratch before work starts back up in April. Also my phone is saying it's 2 degrees at home、 which makes me glad I'm here as I have no heating at home and need to get new cloths. Which I hate doing、 your english is pretty good though.