Lets talk about weather?

Isa

No, I'm not very good with the cold either.  Now summer I can bear. OK, once it goes over 95 F it might be a little bit of a problem, but I'm generally fine with it & just grateful for no ice.   I really hate seeing people eat it on that.  I once fell on it & I was fine, just scared a little.  Also let's not forget that winter is to blame for all these damn potholes.

Just found out I'm in the path of that damned Nadia after all.  It's supposed to hit here Sunday with snow to rain.  Well, shit.

• Like 1

On 24/02/2019 at 11:00 AM, gameoverDude189 said:

Here comes winter storm Quiana... I'm not where it's snowing, but there will be high winds (50-60 MPH).

Dear Winter, please take your vacation soon.  We will love it more than you do.

sounds glumly 

• 3 weeks later...

It's spring but here in New York, USA, winter has not left yet. It is supposed to get warmer this week but right now, it's cold to the point where I shut the blinds because I don't want to see the snow outside. 

• Like 1

Spring is finally here, yay. Well it's what the calendar says. Still cold in the mornings (24-25? Get outta here!), but it's supposed to eventually hit high 50s-60s in the afternoon by week's end. Okay I guess. At least winter should be going bye bye bye real soon. Once I start seeing 70s for the high, I'm good. A big "Bye Felisha" to Winter when it's finally left the building.

• 1 month later...

Oklahoma finally made up her mind that it's supposed to be spring, so now we're in Tornado Season. It's been raining all week for the most part and that's going to last all through next week.

Temperature wise it's been rather nice despite that. Right now it's 64*C with 78% humidity, which doesn't feel nearly as bad as it sounds. Or I'm just used to it!

Currently 60°F here in California, the weather is a bit out of norm here. We even got some rain earlier this week. But Im totally loving it.

People in my area in the Pacific Northwest are becoming more concerned about a potential forest fire, which worries me a great deal. This is due to the fact that these past few years have become increasingly more dry and arid as opposed to the years before that.

Spring had a bit of a slow start during the initial months in 2017. But it didn’t stop a forest fire raging in the gorge that summer due to some stupid kid starting it. Came close to taking out the lodge. Anybody who has lived around here these past 20 - 30 years probably knows Multnomah Falls. I went there a lot growing up. 

Forest fires not only bring destruction to the area but also potentially bring dangerous landslides as a result. This is due to the lack of vegetation that keeps the soil and ground from turning into a big fucking heap. California will probably get a lot of these as 2018 was a rather historical year for forest fires, including the tragic wipeout of the town Paradise. 

Today it was around the upper 60s, lower 70s in Fahrenheit according to the temperature in my car. This is only the month of May. We got three months of summer ahead of us and I just pray to fucking God (I know God doesn’t exist but it’s the hope) that some fucking redneck doesn’t start a fire. I don’t like to categorize people but in the area I live, we have some rednecks who are poorly educated, partly due to there being an Apostolic Lutheran Church not too far away. 

And still, despite people like Bill Nye the Science Guy convincing me and many others that global warming is having a dire effect on the planet in which we inhabit, we got a fuckton of morons and Christian Scientists who will deny the evidence right in front of them. The same morons who voted Trump as President because they grew up watching him on a shitty reality television show. 

That’s enough rambling from me.

Edited by Spaz

On 5/8/2019 at 10:06 PM, Spaz said:

People in my area in the Pacific Northwest are becoming more concerned about a potential forest fire, which worries me a great deal. This is due to the fact that these past few years have become increasingly more dry and arid as opposed to the years before that.

That is worrisome. Hopefully it doesn't lead to a wildfire. Stay safe.

I don't doubt that global warming has to be doing some harm already. It seems like it may well be to blame for that worsening drought in the West, excess rain in Eastern areas (or blizzards in winter), hurricanes like Michael & Maria, & the polar vortex problems.

Christian Science... a religion that believes sickness can be cured by prayer alone? I don't believe that any one religion is totally right, but CS is pretty much wrong. If it was true, there'd be no doctors. It's a shame that many people have been gulled by that charlatan Trump.

4 hours ago, gameoverDude189 said:

I don't doubt that global warming has to be doing some harm already. It seems like it may well be to blame for that worsening drought in the West, excess rain in Eastern areas (or blizzards in winter), hurricanes like Michael & Maria, & the polar vortex problems.

Christian Science... a religion that believes sickness can be cured by prayer alone? I don't believe that any one religion is totally right, but CS is pretty much wrong. If it was true, there'd be no doctors. It's a shame that many people have been gulled by that charlatan Trump.

We have a generation that grew up on reality television and they probably saw Trump as a good candidate simply because he was on the show The Apprentice.

Bernie Sanders should of been the Democratic Candidate. Not Hilary Clinton.

Going back to global warming, it is definitely having a dire effect on this planet. When I was a kid we used to get a lot more rain and cloudy days in the 1990s and early - mid 2000s. As I mentioned before we had that slow start in the first half of 2017 because the weather was still a little cold around April. But apart from that we've had dry summer after dry summer after dry summer. Which increases the risk of forest fires, and in turn that increases potential landslides, which can affect roads, power lines, communities, homes and infrastructure.

Me along millions of others are worried about a potential fire here in the Pacific Northwest. I live west of the Cascade Mountains, where we're supposed to get a lot more rain and precipitation than the east side of the Cascades, which is mostly arid and barren.

It's becoming another California, and 2018 was a rather historical year for that state.

4 hours ago, gameoverDude189 said:

imo, Global Warming is a scam. *Prepares flame shields*