Lets talk about weather?

Isa

Had some fierce wind today as well. The wind speed is still in the high teens... but earlier today there were gust speeds in the forties. Just glad to not have been in the path of Dorothy.

https://weather.com/storms/winter/news/2019-11-25-snow-rain-wind-california-west-plains-forecast-thanksgiving-week

Now there's Ezekiel getting ready to mar Thanksgiving for some out West with snow and rain before heading East for the weekend.

This reaffirms even more deeply that summer is my favorite mainly for not being what winter is. Heat is the lesser evil for me... mowing grass with a good lawn mower once a week beats shoveling/blowing away snow any day. Usually summer doesn't get windy like this.

• 2 weeks later...

Got snow last night. Booooo... hissss! And there may be more to come tonight.

Along with cold, ice, and frost this is why I can't say nice things about winter.

Green grass, flowers and their scents, trees with leaves, beautiful sunlit skies, wearing tees or tanks with shorts and sneakers instead of putting on 3+ layers and boots (while winter boots kinda look nice and are warm, I'd rather not have to mess with getting into and out of them- they're one of the first things I say good riddance to when spring comes), having clear roads to drive on, sunbathing, and really long days (when it's not dark until 9 PM or a bit later, I love love love it)... that's what I'll be missing for a few months. Winter is just TOO quiet and the air smells a little over-clean, like a whole lot of nothing. That crisp air does make me get a little teary sometimes, though sunglasses help a bit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Winter may be gone, but some days lately I find that very hard to believe. Still seeing a few morning 30s... a little too cool for my tastes. I'd rather have it be about 50-60 F (or even 70 F) in the AM. I guess it's summer I really want. Of course, being stuck inside makes it matter a little less. But then again, I'd like the weather to pick up some heat and more humidity. More humidity? Right. If it turns out that higher dew points make it harder for that damnable SARS-COV-2 (COVID-19 virus) to flourish like it currently does, I'll take them.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge

• 2 weeks later...

Well, shoot... I spoke a little too soon about saying goodbye to winter. Cold again with the nightly lows flirting with the 30 mark, and not even breaking 50 for the afternoon high. Northeastern weather is crazy. Here, the real end date of winter is "When it's done"... the official start date of spring means about zero. I surely am getting tired of it.

Hit the road Jack (Frost) and don't you come back no more, no more.