Lets talk about weather?

Isa

6 hours ago, Alderriz said:

Where I live this pic is relevant every year. Now including 2020.

tumblr_n422e2eryv1szxp4po1_5001.jpg

I know, right? It's all kinds of ridiculous.

I read something on Weather Channel's site about Miami having a low of 80 degrees on 13 April, and they say that made for a miserable morning. Excuse me... that's MISERABLE? Oh, shut the front door. ? After the freezing lows I've head to deal with lately, they can give me some of that stuff. OK, there are some people who would say that's too warm to sleep... but that doesn't include me. A low of 80 means you might have a 90-ish high later on, but I don't mind that so much compared to shivering.

*glares enviously in Miami's direction*

These highs in the 40s and low 50s really need to hit the bricks. Give me at least 70.

• Like 1

And now, more massive ridiculousness. I've got another freeze warning. It's well past the middle of April, FCOL... and this seriously needs to frigging stop. I don't like cold, or even cool weather. The best I see in my forecast is low 60s... it is not good enough... I need 70. ? Right now I'd be happy to see it jump up into the 90s. I could just move to Miami if it didn't have that hurricane problem.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Fall is here... and I partially dislike it.

No more 92+ degree days. I know some of you think that's good. But I'd take the 90s over the 36 degree morning lows I've seen lately. If the temperature falls below 65 F, I start getting a bit disgusted with it. At least I'll get a few more days with 70s.

The thing I hate most about fall? It gets dark earlier, and even more so when the "fall back" time change kicks in. I don't care for the shorter days. It's opening the door for winter (and IMO winter can fuck off).

• 3 years later...

Not looking forward to it either. I'd rather not be messing with bulky AF sweaters/coats, scarves, hats (damn you, static), gloves, layers, and long socks (no-shows beat them by a landslide). I've never been a fan of boots and try to hold onto sneakers as long as I can. Summer clothes I prefer by a country mile because "less is more". T-shirt/tank top, shorts, no-shows, and Vans come out ahead of having to fool with all that.

When it's 28 in the morning, I'll be wishing it was 70 at sunrise and 88 by afternoon. Anything 64-90 is perfect for me. 92-95 is a little hot, yet tolerable. I'd rather deal with heat, humidity, and bugs than scrape frost off the car windows. And mowing BOTH lawns in the sun I'd take over shoveling ONE driveway. Winter air is too dry. Now I'm hitting the ChapStick twice a day instead of every other.

At least there's El Nino this year. Hopefully it gears up during the upcoming DJF (sooner would be better). The Atlantic hurricane season has been fairly strong in spite of it, so I don't think we're seeing all it can do yet.