How accessible for a filthy casual such as I?

JinjonatorX

Honestly...  I'm struggling a little, which is throwing me off quite a bit.  I platted J-Stars Victory VS+ with no problem, but this game seems to be on another level IMO.  I just finished chapter 2 out of 9, and a few of those fights I felt like I had to be very careful, even then I had to retry multiple times.  I'm not sure if I'm just underleveled or if I have just lost my edge, but I can see myself struggling to plat this one.

• Like 1

On 13/2/2019 at 2:14 PM, supertrunksman said:

Honestly...  I'm struggling a little, which is throwing me off quite a bit.  I platted J-Stars Victory VS+ with no problem, but this game seems to be on another level IMO.  I just finished chapter 2 out of 9, and a few of those fights I felt like I had to be very careful, even then I had to retry multiple times.  I'm not sure if I'm just underleveled or if I have just lost my edge, but I can see myself struggling to plat this one.

1 hour ago, aZombieDictator said:

I had to shelf the game... I don't really play much fighters but wanted to try this one, but I just can't play it. I struggle with the level 5 easy missions... For me not accessible at all. But if I really tried maybe, but I just don't know how I'm supposed to play it. 

I ask you both because you will definitely have a lot of more experience than me in Beat Em' Up and Fighting Games are too hard for me, I even have huge troubles achieving platinum on Tekken 7, earning most of trophies in Dragon Ball FighterZ, to not even talk about how much impossible are for me all the Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur and Blazblue. 

Even beating all the old God Of War (2017 excluded, because you can complete it on "Easy" for the trophy ?), even God of War 3 Remastered, Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta on PS3 on Hard or Titan Very Hard is a real struggle for me and I drop the game

So considering this, can you advise me to avoid Jump Force? 

45 minutes ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

I ask you both because you will definitely have a lot of more experience than me in Beat Em' Up and Fighting Games are too hard for me, I even have huge troubles achieving platinum on Tekken 7, earning most of trophies in Dragon Ball FighterZ, to not even talk about how much impossible are for me all the Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur and Blazblue. 

Even beating all the old God Of War (2017 excluded, because you can complete it on "Easy" for the trophy 1f600.png), even God of War 3 Remastered, Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta on PS3 on Hard or Titan Very Hard is a real struggle for me and I drop the game

So considering this, can you advise me to avoid Jump Force? 

I would probably say avoid the game then. I really regret buying it myself.

I only played the beta, but I found this game to be pretty easy to get into compared to other fighters. It doesn't seem like it was made to be a competitive fighter, but rather more of a game for casual players just to do cool things with their favourite shonen characters. If you're just playing it for fun, I think you should be fine. 

12 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

I would probably say avoid the game then. I really regret buying it myself.

I have to agree.  Especially if you're big on completion %.

I struggle with this game more than I did with:  J-stars, Street Fighter V, Mortal Kombat X, Marvel VS. Capcom Infinite, etc...

I don't know if I'm just missing some kind of vital strategy to succeed, or if I'm just terrible or trying to overthink the game, but it honestly just feels very off to me.

4 hours ago, supertrunksman said:

I have to agree.  Especially if you're big on completion %.

I struggle with this game more than I did with:  J-stars, Street Fighter V, Mortal Kombat X, Marvel VS. Capcom Infinite, etc...

I don't know if I'm just missing some kind of vital strategy to succeed, or if I'm just terrible or trying to overthink the game, but it honestly just feels very off to me.

Last fighter I actually played was Tekken 7 and I still struggled with that. 

But yeah when I play jump force I just get infinitely comboed with super attacks that take over half my health and I have no idea what to do about it. I tried to level up my avatar by playing level 5 fights with items and still got my ass kicked. I rage quit and tossed the game somewhere where I can't even reach it. 

I know I can't play fighters at all,  but I wanted to give this a shot but if level 5 AI are kicking my ass I don't even wanna touch anything else in the game.

At this point the game is unbalanced and not much fun. A patch will address loading times and cutscenes, but yeah, when CPU starts spamming specials, you're just sitting there, unable to do anything. If you're lucky, you can spam throws. And that's the game. All of it. Do this ten billion times.