Game you've avoided because it was too difficult to Plat? (Plat Cast Topic)

ChernobylNinja

8 hours ago, BigBossImBeamer said:

Thanks for the answer. I must played a differnt game then. 1f605.png The only thing I'm able to relate to is the missing chapter select, no extras and no NG+ thing. But that doesn't make it the worst game ever.

Game crashes are very unlikely in this game, as unlikely as it can be. I was able to finish "Mein leben" over 30 times by now and I literally had no game crashes at all, even with many hours in restmode. In this aspect, it couldn't have been better programmed.

30 times!? Holly shit congrats! ??

• Like 2

On 2/13/2019 at 8:39 PM, MidnightDragon said:

GTA V. Didn't want to deal with the online slog.

Wow. Ur missing a rite treat there. Online not too bad. Only probem i had was a 5 set tennis match with someone. People just quit cos who really wants to play tennis on gta ?

For me its got to be monster hunter world and witcher 3. Far too long for my liking

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Livingstone7728 said:

Does anyone in this thread actually play games for the enjoyment ? Doesn't really seem like it... Wolfenstein II was a really fun game.. despite having that insane trophy... I don't think I've ever said I'm gonna not play this because of the trophies.... I don't think I'm any less of a gamer if I have B's and C's on my profile

I think many people are just describing games they won't be able to plat due to difficulty, not that they won't play them. The game type I described were games I never liked to begin with and would have never bought in the first place. I buy games that interest me first and foremost, their trophy list is secondary

I'm quite the opposite (for the most part). I avoid EASY games. i think the single most important stat in trophy hunting is "Trophy Rarity". What's the point of trophy hunting and "competing" for completion % if your trophy rarity is like 45%+???

I see profiles on here with hundreds upon hundreds of platinum trophies with 95% completion... .but then has like 50 Ultra rare trophies. What's the point of that? All that shows is you have more extra time than someone else to play video games (for whatever reason). It also shows that you just game for trophies (which is obviously the dumbest thing someone can do).

• Like 1

There's a few trophies I'll never get... Because I'm not willing to invest the time... Mein leben is one... I really loved NO, OB and NC but im not gonna invest a week to earn one gold trophy even if it spells platinum . Rockband 2... The play 84 song ls in a row with no pause and no fail .. again not because it would be stupid difficult but because I'm not keen on investing that much time... You would literally have to play for 6-,8 hours with no break...

Edited by Livingstone7728

I've actually just bought Wolfenstein 2 and the first game as well, the former because the price was reduced on the PSN store. However, I will play I Am Death Incarnate on my guest account so that way I can practice. 

I can see why people think it's kind of pathetic to avoid games too difficult, but then again, they can always play it on alt account and test it. I'm testing to see if I at LEAST ENJOY if I have to play a million times. It'd be like watching a TV show you don't know it's good, but you're forced to watch the entire series. 

I have yet to avoid a game because it's too hard. I've definitely stopped going for trophies because it was too time consuming/multiplayer though, such as Metal Gear Solid 2. I think if you're avoiding or not playing games because of trophies, you're missing a big part of actually playing video games. 

• Like 1

I avoided bloodborne and wolfenstein 2 for the longest time. They definitely invoked a large amount of fear.

Luckily a friend was able to talk me into pulling the trigger on bloodborne since it ended up being in my top 5 ps4 games. 

As a fan of wolfenstein, and after a lot of introspection, I decided that I wouldn't allow my trophy list to dictate the games I wanted to play. Fortunately this ended up not being an issue since i was able to conquer the infamous mein leiben trophy. Now wolfenstein sits as one of the achievements i am most proud of.

Great things are to be had on the other side of fear. If you arent afraid then you will never be able to appreciate the conquests, or the joy of doing something you believed you couldnt. 

Edited by zXShermanXz
  • Like 1

Starwhal ... anyone that has played this should just know.. Love the game, its great for a couch multiplayer, its great for that aspect. But if Im not playing it for that reason, than I most deffinitely avoid it. The platinum has me turned off due to one trophy, "Too easy", which requires you to get a platinum medal on every challenge. Every challenge is a race against the clock, with a Narwhal that I absolutely CANNOT control, no matter how much I practice.

If anyone has any advice I would love to hear it, because Im awful at this game.  It is way to hard for me.

On 2/13/2019 at 1:53 PM, Bos10George said:

The game I was thinking of when I suggested this was The Last of Us. I have heard amazing things about this game, but I also heard there is some sort of ridiculous online mode that requires a lot of hours so I have avoided it. There are plenty of hard games that are easy for me to avoid (Bloodborne, Dark Souls, etc) but this is a good game I want to play, but don't want to look at yet another incompletion on my profile.

The Last of Us is the best multiplayer experience I ever had even after they killed the balance with all the DLC weapons (and man, did they kill it!). I'm not going to lie to you; it does take quite a bit of time and effort. However, the more you put it off, the harder it will be to boost with others (You don't really need to boost 'per se' but you do need people in the lobbies). Like others mentioned, you just have to be smart about the challenges. Save the easiest ones for last and don't rage-quit games. I focused on being a support character on my first playthrough because it was easier and was more aggressive on my second playthrough since I had more stuff unlocked and knew the maps and how people played very well.

Anyways, best of luck and great suggestion for a topic.

As for myself, I don't "avoid" any game. I will literally take a copy of a game with an unobtainable plat and still play it if it is fun. As to games I've given up on... Well, Spelunker since the game is literally in the top 5 worst games I've ever played, Rainbow moon for its slow and boring turned based system, and literally all the old games on my PS3 list because life is too damn short to care so much about trophies and high completion rates. What I want out of my games more than anything is fun and enjoyment, and I don't really go for plats unless it's fun or I'm up for a challenge. Granted, I usually save longer games or games I'm less interested in my backlog for a later time, but I'm by no means, "avoiding" them. It's just not their time yet! I'll get to them... eventually. :) 

SMB, Bloodbourne, Downfall and many of the other UR plat games that were PS+.

I like to finish what I start, and I also know my limits of skill, patience, and tolerance.

I went for Catherine knowing that I likely wouldnt finish it, and it bugs me a bit but Im glad I played it, great game. Then I tried Velocity 2x and that was it for me...

Edited by audiopile

Wipeout omega collection, djhero 1&2 on PS3.

I played them until I reached my own level of incompetence, lol.

I never avoid a game though due to trophies, I will happily give up for a while, and sometimes go back and do more than I previously could.

Annoyingly, I have a friend who has plat'd all the above, so I know it's achievable

Edited by TheMightyImp2
Typos

• 2 weeks later...

I only avoid games that potentially have risk for being unobtainable or the ones that I might not spend time because of my tight schedule (preparing for next year's university exams :( ). But otherwise why should I? I mean people were complaining about Wolfenstein 2 and Injustice but they weren't that bad at all like people said. Same applies for Million Dollar Tower for WWE 2K19 as well. You only have to master the style, put effort and it won't be that bad at all (except Futuridium EP Deluxe xD, failed 3 times at level 12 (in Classic mode) and can't progress anymore, maybe one day I might attempt again)...

Edited by XxIsa-GxX
classic

So many games I'm avoiding now because of all the reasons one could think of: longevity, difficulty, a lot of glitched trophies, huge platinum projects (in terms of knowing a game and how to get its trophies) ... etc.

I'm not giving up on any but the main reason why I'm avoiding a lot of games is because of my huge backlog (300+ games) that I never touched .. some games I bought years ago and  didn't even download yet. All because of a very bad OCD that makes me delete all my work for really "silly" reasons. Like one time I deleted my profile because I thought Tomb Raider 2013's online is shit and therefore I'm gonna boost all trophies right away but then I regretted popping all trophies at the same time ? Hope now I'm recovered from it after taking a long break from trophy hunting.

Edited by Mefta7_Alfaraj
break-brake-break