Platinum difficulty?

KKrischanz

I just came of Thronebreakers and loved it! I played on Steam and I'm thinking about picking it up on PS4 to play it again for trophies. It's also made me curious about the multiplayer Gwent, even though I have almost no experience with card games. So what I'm wondering is, how difficult is the Platinum?

I'm sure it's time consuming with ranking/levelling up and opening 100 kegs, but can a card game pleb like me realistically get the Platinum?

Winning 6 arena matches in a single run would probably be the “most difficult”.  Once you have an understanding of all the cards and their value and play a handful of runs it shouldn’t be too difficult. I’ve played arena maybe 15x or so and I’ve gotten past 6 wins maybe 3-4 times. 

The rank 20 trophy is easy. The rest are boostable or require grinding. I’d say the arena trophy makes it a 5/10, 6 if you just aren’t good at CCG’s at all. 

• Like 1

It felt like a 2/10 for me. Could be a little bit higher if you're not familiar with card games, but Gwent is not too complex at its current stage (base set + Thronebreaker leaders).

Arena is very easy if you follow the tier list for picking cards. I usually finish my Arena runs with 7 wins on average.

Getting the plat is quite long, though. Most of your time will be spent for farming XP in order to reach Prestige 1 (level 61). Another long one will be getting 150 premium cards (Thronebreaker and special premium card events will help you a lot, though).

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Vizard-Ichigo-- said:

So far it looks like a 3-4/10, it's mostly grind. 

The Arena (6 win, one run) trophy rises that to 8+/10.... at least for me atm.  Can't get past 3 wins. 1f622.png Maybe I should star messaging the OPPO to give me a free win? 1f609.png

Just use the tier list for arena: https://medium.com/@Gravekper/gravekpers-arena-tier-list-homecoming-update-250a6ed0edb3

Applying this to your drafting strategy makes arena runs a breeze. I usually end up with 7-8 wins each run.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, URU-Kraduje- said:

Hello you advanced a lot in the trophys only in 3 days? you can estimate the  platinum dificult? how many hours you play at day? . 

DO NOT PLAY THIS! If you plan to platinum.... I'm legit about to throw the towel. 6 wins in the arena makes the difficulty go from 4/10 to 8+/10.  I've seen people with laughable trophy collection and they have this trophy and it's all because the mode and trophy are mostly luck based. 

I got many of the other trophies quickly because I boosted some of them with another player.  

If you really wanna play Gwent, then I HIGHLY recommend Thronebreaker.  It's a must own in my opinion and platinum difficulty is at 3-4/10 and took me 35 hours in a single run (need a small guide here and there for heads up on some of the decisions tho).

Edited by Vizard-Ichigo--

On 22/3/2019 at 8:25 PM, Vizard-Ichigo-- said:

DO NOT PLAY THIS! If you plan to platinum.... I'm legit about to throw the towel. 6 wins in the arena makes the difficulty go from 4/10 to 8+/10.  I've seen people with laughable trophy collection and they have this trophy and it's all because the mode and trophy are mostly luck based. 

I got many of the other trophies quickly because I boosted some of them with another player.  

If you really wanna play Gwent, then I HIGHLY recommend Thronebreaker.  It's a must own in my opinion and platinum difficulty is at 3-4/10 and took me 35 hours in a single run (need a small guide here and there for heads up on some of the decisions tho).

Hi Again Vizard, i just got the arena trophy XD, im level 23 and play the arena only 3 times, you only need to win 6 times no win all the arena, take your time to read all the cards and pick up the most powerfull individually doing this and a little bit of luck like you said and the trophy pops :) - now i have to go up to 60

I did the Arena Trophy at the beginning in an Arena Special Event with Monster Cards only. There are sometimes Arena-Special Events. I found it more easy than in the regular Arena Mode. You have to know the Cards, that is important.  Gwent is not a 1 Week Platinum, but fun and not hard.

On ‎27‎.‎03‎.‎2019 at 3:22 AM, URU-Kraduje- said:

Hi Again Vizard, i just got the arena trophy XD, im level 23 and play the arena only 3 times, you only need to win 6 times no win all the arena, take your time to read all the cards and pick up the most powerfull individually doing this and a little bit of luck like you said and the trophy pops :) - now i have to go up to 60

Yes, in "Hand of the Gods Smite Tactics" you have to win all (!) Arena Matches (12-0). That is much harder.

Edited by Sega-Ryudo

The RNG is what's killing me.  The one time I got a decent deck, I finally made it to 3 wins.  Was about to get my 4rth and the game decided to glitch and give me yet another L.

I've thrown the towel since then and now I'm focusing on the other 2 trophies.  Need 2 cards for shiny (if multi cards count) and 6 more levels to prestige.  Once i have those, I'm out for good.

Good game 7/10 but fuck that POS  arena trophy.

Finally made it to a record 4th AND! 5th win to have some random chick crush my hopes and dreams. ?

My deck was good, great even and hers was similar but I got shit hand (messy) throughout the match + panic.

AAAAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHH! 

On 3/23/2019 at 0:25 AM, Vizard-Ichigo-- said:

IMO you're exaggerating a lot and lack the fundamentals of the main card mechanism. A good deck under normal circumstances is not the same as a good deck in Arena, as Arena requires completely different deck drafting strategy. It is true that to some extent, RNG impacts your chances, but not as much as you claim to be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cortez71 said:

IMO you're exaggerating a lot and lack the fundamentals of the main card mechanism. A good deck under normal circumstances is not the same as a good deck in Arena, as Arena requires completely different deck drafting strategy. It is true that to some extent, RNG impacts your chances, but not as much as you claim to be.

Whatevs, I finally got the platinum but I still don't recommend playing this if going for plat, to much RNG/ luck needed to win.  Don't think I would have gotten it without the deck that I pulled.

It's not all that much RNG really if you know how to draft. I was consistently pulling off 6-9 win runs after learning the game (so on the fifth run or so).

It really comes down to evaluating the individual power of cards, not necessarily based on their rarity or cost, but on how they perform individually. Combine that with a few potential trump cards and it's not that bad.

Also obviously helps if you understand the core mechanics of Gwent, like the value of card advantage and the tempo.

2 hours ago, IDiivil said:

It's not all that much RNG really if you know how to draft. I was consistently pulling off 6-9 win runs after learning the game (so on the fifth run or so).

It really comes down to evaluating the individual power of cards, not necessarily based on their rarity or cost, but on how they perform individually. Combine that with a few potential trump cards and it's not that bad.

Also obviously helps if you understand the core mechanics of Gwent, like the value of card advantage and the tempo.

Yup, I get the game and all but believe when I tell you that I would get all the garbage cards all the time and only 3-4 good ones + put against people with decks near construct level.

My winning run gave me the deck I needed.  It wasn't perfect but it was still the best I've pulled.

TL;DR

You lot have way more luck than me.

If you enjoy Gwent go for it, i got my 6 arena wins on really good Scoiatel deck i put together after playing 3 weeks. Im not gonna delete this game after i got plat cause i enjoy it. That's all you have to know if you want to go for the plat