KKrischanz

Platinum difficulty?

44 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Sega-Ryudo said:

It's an easy and fun Platinum. You just have no experience with Card games, that's all. 2/10.

 

ūü§Ē

 

Defo not as much as some people here (they sound very experienced) but I understand Gwent well.... Have all 3 platinums now and never found it difficult to beat people on construct and I also beat many MMs on the arena (on the 3-4 runs I got good cards).  Again, the problem was how bad the cards I got were, no possible synergy, trash on their own, etc.... bad luck.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vizard-Ichigo-- said:

TL;DR

You lot have way more luck than me.

No, we just put some effort into the game and learnt how it works.

17 minutes ago, Vizard-Ichigo-- said:

 

ūü§Ē

 

Defo not as much as some people here (they sound very experienced) but I understand Gwent well.... Have all 3 platinums now and never found it difficult to beat people on construct and I also beat many MMs on the arena (on the 3-4 runs I got good cards).  Again, the problem was how bad the cards I got were, no possible synergy, trash on their own, etc.... bad luck.

You shall not aim for synergy in Arena decks, this is the whole point of the mode: pick cards that are strong on their own. Any additional synergy is only a bonus.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may pick this up at some point since I enjoy Gwent. 

 

However I can definitely see the luck based factor turning away some people.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Spaz said:

I may pick this up at some point since I enjoy Gwent. 

 

However I can definitely see the luck based factor turning away some people.

 

Don't worry, the game is good and just practice lots and you'll get the 6W arena trophy.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a card game, there's always going to be luck involved. But everyone has to deal with it so it sort of balances out on the averages. Also you can just boost most of the annoying trophies if you feel like it, so the six win arena is really the most "luck-based" trophy.

 

The arena system I believe is zero sum. Everyone gets to draft a deck and then they're allowed to play until they lose three times. You're always playing against people at your tier. So the first game is against someone with 0 wins, and by the time you get to 8 wins you're likely playing someone else with 8 wins (or close to it). The fact that the arena trophy requires you to get a win rate of 75% (win 6 out of 8 matches)  isn't really that bad, because eventually you'll get a better draft and worse opponents which will allow you to exceed your average score.

 

So if you're an average player, you'll statistically win 50% of your games, and as such the trophy will indeed require you to get lucky. But the 25% deviation really isn't all that outlandish. Then if you're a better than average player, it's obviously going to take you less of a lucky streak to get up to the 75% short term win rate.

 

Of course, if your skill level at the game is less than average, you're naturally going to need more of a lucky streak to get the arena trophy. Luckily there's a pretty good correlation between time spent in the game and improvement of personal skill level, which we could refer to as "learning" the game and getting better at it.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IDiivil said:

As a card game, there's always going to be luck involved. But everyone has to deal with it so it sort of balances out on the averages. Also you can just boost most of the annoying trophies if you feel like it, so the six win arena is really the most "luck-based" trophy.

 

The arena system I believe is zero sum. Everyone gets to draft a deck and then they're allowed to play until they lose three times. You're always playing against people at your tier. So the first game is against someone with 0 wins, and by the time you get to 8 wins you're likely playing someone else with 8 wins (or close to it). The fact that the arena trophy requires you to get a win rate of 75% (win 6 out of 8 matches)  isn't really that bad, because eventually you'll get a better draft and worse opponents which will allow you to exceed your average score.

 

So if you're an average player, you'll statistically win 50% of your games, and as such the trophy will indeed require you to get lucky. But the 25% deviation really isn't all that outlandish. Then if you're a better than average player, it's obviously going to take you less of a lucky streak to get up to the 75% short term win rate.

 

Of course, if your skill level at the game is less than average, you're naturally going to need more of a lucky streak to get the arena trophy. Luckily there's a pretty good correlation between time spent in the game and improvement of personal skill level, which we could refer to as "learning" the game and getting better at it.

 

Agree.  I remember that I was struggling lots on the arena, couldn't make it pass 2 wins but improved lots as I kept trying and saw myself get to 4-5 wins with not much trouble until I finally got the 6W.  

 

 

Just keep at it, learn the game, go for cards that are higher on their own and pray to RNGjesus.

9 hours ago, Spaz said:

I may pick this up at some point since I enjoy Gwent. 

 

However I can definitely see the luck based factor turning away some people.

 

Let me know if you go for it and can't find a boosting partner, I could help with some of the trophies.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there still new and average gamers playing this game or do I have to play against mostly pros when starting this game now?

 

The winstreak of 3 in any multiplayer game mode and the arena run with at least 6 wins sound really hard.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the winstreak of 3 is actually pretty easy to get, but it also can be boosted with a friend, most of the trophies can be boosted, except "Trouper" and "Apple of his Eye"

and yea there's arena, i enjoyed gwent in witcher 3, i even played this game when it still was in close beta, i completed some really difficult games before, but arena trophy felt really unobtainable for me. i got it eventually, but it wasnt fun, and also "Shiny" trophy is glitched, i think, because i had like 155 cards and trophy popped when i created 156

so if u never played the beta, have 0 scraps to create new cards and dont want to spend real money to get it, then u really shouldnt start this game, but its only my opinion...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am currently on the road to platinum and I got rid of "Apple of his eye" pretty early (at my second try, I was lucky ...). I have never played cards game before.

In my opinion, this platinum is not particularly hard, it only asks for dedication and to be interested in the game mechanics. It is true that some trophies require a bit of luck or time but none is really hard. Besides, many trophies can be easily boosted. 

Some advices : 

 - Do not scrap your material points to craft many leader cards since leader cards can be unlocked through the tree of rewards. Craft rather good cards to build a good deck to reach rank 20 (for ranked matches)

 - Choose a faction and focus on it (so that you build an effective deck for this faction, otherwise you may waste material to craft)

 - The worst trophy imo concerns the 150 premium cards, it is a complete grind (since premium cards can only be unlocked through the tree of rewards, the subtrees of leader OR the 2 seasonal trees) => do not erase premium cards before you get that annoying trophy. Another way is to spend money to get the green powder, but it is not really an option, isn't it? (Actually it is the only place in the game where micro-transactions really affect trophy hunters)

 - For Arena, the cards have to be effectively chosen. Sometimes, you will have a competitive deck, sometimes, it will only be a huge mess, in that case just do your best and next time, your deck will be probably good.

 - Boosting can help even if it is not really necessary (cannot be used for Arena trophies)

To conclude, this platinum feels for me like a 4/10 or at worst 5/10. It is only not the type of game to finish in 2 days. On the contrary, if you look for a nice free-to-play game to enjoy for several months with many subtleties, strategies and many diverse trophies to unlock (most of them are pretty easy once you understand the game), this game is perfect. 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/07/2019 at 5:52 PM, anotherfangirl said:

Are there still new and average gamers playing this game or do I have to play against mostly pros when starting this game now?

 

The winstreak of 3 in any multiplayer game mode and the arena run with at least 6 wins sound really hard.

 

 

It should not be understated how difficult the arena trophy is ("Apple of my Eye"). It requires a 9/10 for luck to prevent a 10/10 in time. It also requires a proficient skill at the subtleties of the game. I say this as a current player who has sunk 40+ hrs into the arena (not including the regular ranked progression), and despite being pretty bloody good at this game, I am yet to get a 5th win before the 3rd loss. It's driving me nuts. As I type this reply I am on my 50th (ish) arena deck. Once you get to the third win, everyone that you are playing has been doing it for WAY longer, because it matches you with someone who has the same amount of wins with their own deck, so it gets harder as you progress.

 

Other than that, 2/3 of the other trophies will come in time playing the game (3-5 of them will take 80-100hrs to unlock). The last 1/3 will REQUIRE boosting. I just boosted about ten with my wife today using a second console and most of them required very specific and constant instructions to meet the trophy requirements. 

 

To summarise, I do not recommend picking up this gem of a card game if you are obsessive about collecting platinums. I DEFINITELY recommend it in general though. It really is fun as an actual game. Gwent was the best thing about W3 in my opinion and this is gwent on steroids. 

 

Oddly, consider buying the Thronebreaker game first because it introduces the systems better and the story is really engaging. You can then transfer unlockables from Thronebreaker into this game.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is there a specific boosting way in arena?

Edited by Hakoom
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 4:37 PM, Hakoom said:

is there a specific boosting way in arena?

 

Try select the most powerful cards individually, you need a bit of luck. i got the trophy in my third arena with only 10 hours of game.

 

 

Edited by Karaduje-
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Karaduje- said:

 

Try select the most powerful cards individually, you need a bit of luck. i got the trophy in my third arena with only 10 hours of game.

 

 

 

the issue with the game is it lags alot sometimes and it costs me the match....

thats why i wana boost it

i keep getting to 4 and 5 and losing because of laag or the opponent has some cards that keep wiping your board constantly

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hakoom: the lag is a very recent bug (the last week for me) and is a known issue by the devs. Should be solved soon. Otherwise there is no way to boost the arena since the matchmaking is apparently depending on your number of victories in the arena at some point. I mean, if you have 8 victories, you are not going to face for your last match another dude with one single victory before. Sounds right ?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, djippps said:

@Hakoom: the lag is a very recent bug (the last week for me) and is a known issue by the devs. Should be solved soon. Otherwise there is no way to boost the arena since the matchmaking is apparently depending on your number of victories in the arena at some point. I mean, if you have 8 victories, you are not going to face for your last match another dude with one single victory before. Sounds right ?

 

yes the lag is a killer :(

 

i tried to boost this and i can just find  myself on the 1st match..

quiting out at the loading screen will count as a loss too..

 

so i guess you have to boost your alts wins with you to be able to find yourself

iam good at the game but sometimes it sucks when the other guy just has OP cards in his hands lol

i keep losing at 5 wins

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hakoom: Hotfix 3.2.1 has been released (see playgwent.com) and in the patch notes, they tell about the lag issue specific to ps4. It should be okay right now (I did not have time to check on my own). Good luck in the Arena!

Edited by djippps
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'd be pretty difficult to boost arena wins since the matchmaking will attempt to have you play someone with the same current score.

 

So when you start you'll be facing an enemy at 0 wins. Once you win a game, it'll attempt to matchmake you with someone else who has a win. Once you have eight wins, it'll try to matchmake you with someone else who has eight wins, or seven if it can't find anyone, etc.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Arena matches may be 'slightly' easier now that you can pick your leader at the start instead of at the end, but your opponents can too, so maybe not.  I got the trophy after about 10 attempts but wasn't particularly setting out to get it, just enjoying the game.  You cannot boost it as it uses matchmaking to choose your next opponent, if you've won 3 you will be playing someone that has also won 3.  I think I got to 5 and failed about 3 times before finally getting it when I least expected it.  Overall Gwent is a great game, the trophies are fair and not entirely difficult. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks guys il try my best

 

if i can win 4 and 5 games iam sure i can win 6 too

its not that bad after all since its a drafting system

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.