No Way Out Advice? (Standard)

PhantomFear94

I did it on my 4th attempt. Your handgun is MVP pretty much until wave 50-60. Take it slow. If you ever have barrels on the ground, consider yourself ahead. I used shotgun to get free space (legs) and used the uzi on purple mobs in the beginning. Once you get rocket launcher save it in your inventory as a "oh fck im getting corned button". The big MVP towards the end is the spark gun. I watched streamers do it after i did it, and they never abused the fact you can walk forwards and backwards while you're shocking a zombie (works extremely well if you know you have a zombie behind you). That's about it, its trial and error like all games. Manage your inventory wise and it shouldn't be too bad.

• Like 1

Shooting the legs is sometimes better than the head. Don't pick up everything immediatelly but also dont be frugalist with the weapons. Pick up the rocket somewhere in the 70-80 range and use it when surrounded. I think at 85 two pale heads will come out from the door where the mr racoon was so have the spark shot ready for them. There will be a backpack with a full heal and also a gas tank somewhere between 80-90 so try to hold out until then. 

Edited by KainDMD

6 hours ago, dunbay said:

I did it on my 4th attempt. Your handgun is MVP pretty much until wave 50-60. Take it slow. If you ever have barrels on the ground, consider yourself ahead. I used shotgun to get free space (legs) and used the uzi on purple mobs in the beginning. Once you get rocket launcher save it in your inventory as a "oh fck im getting corned button". The big MVP towards the end is the spark gun. I watched streamers do it after i did it, and they never abused the fact you can walk forwards and backwards while you're shocking a zombie (works extremely well if you know you have a zombie behind you). That's about it, its trial and error like all games. Manage your inventory wise and it shouldn't be too bad.

Tried it 20 times and the closest i got was 86. Genuinely just don't think I'm good enough, which is gutting, because I've done everything else. Thanks though.

4 hours ago, phantomfear9494 said:

Tried it 20 times and the closest i got was 86. Genuinely just don't think I'm good enough, which is gutting, because I've done everything else. Thanks though.

• Every shot counts (even the pistol) because you're not wasting ammo, but wasting time. Decrease the distance between the zombie and yourself with every missed shot. Increasing a chance for another to attack from behind. Even if you don't kill the zombie, it's fine. Set up again, regain distance and try again.
  • Uzi is shit IMO. I always use that as my last weapon, and if you have to use it let the crosshair decrease and try to use it semi automatic.
  • You don't have to focus too much on the flame tank guys as a strategy (not like 60 bullets mode) but try to kill them near others and if you can you can take out their legs so the tank drops in a strategic place for an emergency.
  • Fuel tanks are your friend. But use them when needed, not because they are there. Groups and specials, especially Pale Heads.
  • You don't take explosive damage which is a big help, just watch out as it will set you into a stagger animation.
  • Spark Gun is great for all enemies but try to use it on special zombies and when you know there aren't enemies behind or nearby as you have to hold down the trigger for 3/4 seconds, leaving you open to attack.
  • Rocket Launcher should ONLY be used when you are surrounded. Point at feet and fire.
  • Discard weapons after using them up.
  • Try to not get bitten up to 30-50 enemies killed, then you have life lines for higher enemies/get surrounded.
  • Pale Heads (the fast regen zombies) should be your first priority. Try to get a explosion on them/flame thrower.
  • The door behind the counter is least used (still an issue on higher rounds) so try to use the counter as a buffer between the zombies and yourself for the first few waves.
  • If you've done HC or any S/S+ runs, you should know the many animation tactics and these come into play again. Try to bait zombies, if you need a gas tank faster, try to bait him into the lunge. You can manipulate many enemies by the distance you create and paths you're running.
  • Try to remember the pattern of spawns (if not, follow a guide and watch where they will come). This allows you to set up and even prepare yourself for future waves. Like setting up a fuel tank for the next wave.

My issue is trying to do the 60 bullets challenge. Wish they gave you a combat knife, would make it easier.

• Like 1

Echoing the advice people have given. I'd also say that the flamethrower works well at disposing of loads of enemies that are funnelled in the rows, though make sure to use enough fuel to kill them and to only do it if you know you have enough time to do so.

I'd skip picking up the rocket launcher at all until it gets late in the level. I personally picked up around the 90-95 and used it to dispose of the special zombies they throw at you around that part.

Did it myself this afternoon after 3-4 tries. 

-Try to keep some propane tanks around on the ground. Use them as late as possible. Make sure they don't bunch up or else they will all explode at the same time. 

-Shoot the legs rather than the heads. Zombies seem to come in waves and more than often, I had time to breathe by keeping one zombie alive crawling on the ground, only killing him when I felt ready to move on.

-Try to keep the rocket launcher for the end. Once I hit 82, I went to 100 right away after a few well timed rockets. Even if you don't make it to 100 right away, keep in mind that it ENDS at 100. No more than 100 zombies will spawn. 

• Like 1

Personally for me, this only took me 2 tries, but to be fair, I think I got a bit lucky. Here are some things that can help you:-

- Get shots on zombies as quickly as humanly possible after they come through the door. In the first few stages, keep an eye out for where they are trying to get through and just go all out when they bust through. Don't worry too much about where you hit them, although legs is probably the best area to hit. 

- Don't be afraid to use the other weapons, with the exception of the rocket launcher, which needs to be kept for the stickiest of situations. 

-As others have said, save the fuel tanks for when you caught in a bad spot, or a sheriff sandwich shall we say ?. 

- I found the shotgun was best used on the armored zombies, especially those who only have their heads exposed, but not very good for the poisonous zombies as you have to get close and you will probably get caught in the poisonous cloud once they've been killed. 

- I really recommend saving a full flamethrower for the last 20 zombies as it is very effective at killing all types of zombies, even the stronger pale ones. You'll also take out any fuel tanks very easily with this as well, ideal for panic situations. 

- As soon as a picked up weapon is empty, discard it immediately to make room for more as there is no ammo to pick up. There are more backpacks and items than you might expect. I completed the scenario with 2 unopened backpacks on the ground at full health after a couple of heals, so supplies are not too bad. 

Hope this helps you. I'm also uploading my run of this to my YouTube channel of the same name as I type this, so if you're still stuck, maybe that can be of some use. 

I got to 92 then i got grabbed and was put into Danger level. Spammed :triangle: to get inventory up to heal, i still had a triple herb and thought i got this. Then a god damn zombie grabbed me instantly afterwards and killed me, never got a chance to heal. Should have healed sooner...

• Like 1

Phew, FINALLY got it. What I did:

- Whenever I was in a corner, shooting at both entrance, I always escaped down the middle row, when they got too close.

- I used BOTH rockets at around wave 55-65, because an insane amount of zombies appear at the same time.

- Whenever I headed down a corridor, while being followed by a zombie, and a zombie was ahead of me, I used the Sparkshot on that zombie, and walked around it while shocking it. That way, all zombies would suddenly be behind me.

- I didnt use my flamethrower until wave 80, where it took me from 83 to 97 in, like, 30 seconds? I swear, it went so fast. I got three of the White regen zombies incredibly fast, by hitting them with flames while they started coming through a door.

Edited by Maahniac
  • Like 1

Yeh I did it on Saturday eventually, when I did do it I had 2 healing items left! All this advice helped so thank you so much. 

The biggest tip was not using the Rocket Launcher and keeping a Spark Shot until around 80. If you can do this, you should be okay, because the rocket launcher took out around 13-15 of the remaining 20 enemies, and the spark shot is epic against any enemy.

• Like 1

I had a lot of fun playing this mode, out of all the free DLC modes this was by far my favorite. 

It took me between 20 - 30 attempts to complete it, but I honestly enjoyed the challenge and found trying to beat it addictive! Here are my tips for those going for this trophy:

1. There is a pattern to the enemy spawns (types of enemy, and which door they are likely to come through next). Learning the pattern will help you a lot

2. using headphones is a great help in hearing where enemies are, which door they have just busted through,  and it there's one creeping up behind you

3. try to use your handgun for the early parts as much as possible and save up your big guns for when it gets hairy

4. When you don't need them in the moment, don't shoot the explosive barrels on the zombies. Instead lure the zombie to a nearby door, and have the explosive drop for when you quickly need to kill a group

5. You don't take explosive damage - don't be afraid to shoot a barrel or fire a rocket launcher at close range. Be cautious though, as the blast may throw you into the arms of a zombie behind you.

6. Keep your rocket launcher until you REALLY need it

7. Certain weapons work best in certain situations. Flamethrower is good for slowing enemies and general crowd control. Shotgun is good for popping heads at short range. Sparkshot is useful for the heavily armored enemies and stopping an enemy in its tracks (it can sometimes hit a few zombies if they are in close proximity to each other too), you can also use it to hit an enemy in front of you, while walking away from one closing in behind you. The SMG overall was not amazing in my opinion, but the rapid fire would stop the whiteheads moving while you filled them with lead (one whole clip of 50 bullets is needed to take down one white head though, so it doesn't go too far).

8. I liked being in the corner without a door for the most part, running down the middle isle to escape zombies, and using the counter for cover.

Good luck!

• Like 2

I finally got last night, proud of my run but I'll try to increase. Also thank you Capcom, what a streak of great decisions and amazing games 

The key to success in this mode is indeed inventory management. I did countless runs by picking up the weapons and using then on the next wave, which led me to a gruesome end.

After wave 50 and somewhere around 70-85 things get so overwhelming that if you don't have a launcher or a gas tank things can escalate pretty quickly. 

This took me several tries to complete Gunslinger challenge. I'll share my video I guess it might not be helpful for some people who go for a trophy, but I thought I wasn't doing good enough so I had to keep trying, & trying, & trying and finally got it! The important thing is to take a deep breath and try again, make every bullet count and do not give up!

Like Jelly-Kones said, it's very fun and addictive! (see at 14:29, at this moment I was, like "please no!" then another zombie grabbed me quickly at 14:36, I thought, "aww *** it as I went to use the rocket launcher and it went to 100 kills!). 

This is an informative guide video.

Edited by r3viladdict

I want to advise anyone going for this to be careful not to be too close to a gas tank when your character is in "danger" status. Treat the distance the same way as the emitting poison of a zombie you just killed.

I've died twice because of this and in one occasion I blew up the tank during zombie #91 thinking nothing would happen to me...

Thankfully, I just did it while going for Gunslinger.

Also, another piece of advice I can give is to never rely on the d-pad for switching weapons. During the main story it's easy to switch between because you don't get more than 4. But, in this mode you find and discard so many that it can be confusing as to where their placement in the d-pad is.

If you can keep track of all of them without missing a beat then more power to you but I found that pressing triangle and equipping the weapon I want to use at that second was easier and not only that but it pauses the zombies while giving you time to think.

Edited by Taizuke

I don't know how some people can do this in just a couple of attempts. It took me at least 30-40. I did make it to 90 after a couple of hours but I got pnwd... but that's when I knew I could do it... after a couple more hours of trying.

Got real lucky too on my last run, at around 85-90 my health was in danger running down one of the isles with three backpacks and one of them contained a red and green herb. I was SAVED! With only a flamethrower left (and 2 uzis) I made it to 98. Thankfully the remaining two were poisonous zombies (one armored) and I could take them out with the uzis from a distance. Phew!

I wanted to save the vid but it slipped my mind as when I finally did it I just put down my controller and walked out of the room. I'm kicking myself for that. :shakefist:

I tried to save the fuel tanks but had to use them up by 40-50. Also used up the rocket launcher around 60-70.

I agree that when things get hairy it's best to switch weapons using the inventory instead of d-pad. There have been a few times when I picked the wrong one or hesitated trying to remember what's what and it didn't end well.

One more thing, try to stay calm. If your nerves get to you (like it did to me), it'll make it 10x harder.

Edited by DizzyDavidson

^ My heart rate was always through the roof whenever I got to 80+ zombies killed. So, calm was never an option. lol

But, I did make a habit of pausing the game to assess the situation giving me time to decide what to do next.

And when you gotta use the big guns, well you gotta use them. It's strategic to save them for later waves I agree but if you're pinned down and you have no other choice I say go for it. Some of you might've not made it if you hadn't.

Gunslinger must've taken me 20+ tries.

Edited by Taizuke
  • Like 1