If I get some trophies offline and then sync them while online, will they have timestamps?

Varhur

So, with my negative luck, today I have some more free time and there's no internet. Thankfully the game I'm currently going to 100% is AC3, which while it has multiplayer trophies, I'm far from completing single player, which I want to complete first.

What I'm asking is if I'm still going to get timestamps when I sync the trophies after internet comes back. I definitely did sync my account to PS3, if that matters.

As long as you have had your console online than yes you will get timestamps once you are back online.

Happened to me about 6 years ago. Had to be somewere for 6 weeks with no internet. Only had a mobile hotspot from my phone which was enough to get online long enough to sync my trophies. So yeah, I had to play offline and then use that long enough to get on and sync. Never had any trouble with time stamps.

• Like 2

Like everyone above has stated you get timestamps as long as you've logged in on your PSN account at some point on that PS3.

For example, I've left my PS3 turned off for almost half a year and then turned it on to play a singleplayer game. Got the trophies then logged in and synched my trophies and they had all timestamps even though it's been a long time since the last time I've connected online on it.

• Like 1

Most of people replying are right, however you can get a trophy without timestamp even if your console was previously online. It unfortunately happened to me a couple months ago.

I've been playing GT5 recently and since its online support is dead I have a habbit of playing offline and going online only to sync newly-earned trophies.

However, one time upon booting the PS3 it asked me to set up my date and time. I thought it was weird, but I just skipped over and didn't bother with properly setting it up. When I earned a trophy it wasn't timestamped.

Since then the console would keep asking me to set up my date and time upon booting it, and now I'm always using an Internet connection to set it up and then I sign in before playing just in case. As far as I know I'm on the latest firmware.

• Like 2

Like 2 months ago I was playing Ratchet and Clank 3 on Vita. My vita was online and logged in to my PSN. I got the Mini Ratchet trophy and I closed the game. I didn't sync my trophies and I turned off my Vita. My Vita ended up dying so after 2 months I charged it back up and when I synced up my trophies on my Vita, Ratchet and Clank 3 popped up on top of my trophies list even though I played a lot of other games after it and I have a missing timestamp for the Mini Ratchet trophy. I'm not sure exactly what caused the missing timestamp but know that even if you are logged in you can still get a missing timestamp. I know this was on Vita, but the same thing might happen if your PS4 or PS3 doesn't sync up your trophies and you turn off your console.  Heres the link to that trophy list

Edited by jamaicanchampion

1 hour ago, BigBossImBeamer said:

This is not true. In most cases you will have timestamps on an account with no related PSN ID as long as the console was connected to the internet at least once as stated by others before.

That's weird, because the opposite has happened to me a couple of times over the years ?.

On 16/2/2019 at 1:54 PM, WarWarWar23 said:

Most of people replying are right, however you can get a trophy without timestamp even if your console was previously online. It unfortunately happened to me a couple months ago.

I've been playing GT5 recently and since its online support is dead I have a habbit of playing offline and going online only to sync newly-earned trophies.

However, one time upon booting the PS3 it asked me to set up my date and time. I thought it was weird, but I just skipped over and didn't bother with properly setting it up. When I earned a trophy it wasn't timestamped.

Since then the console would keep asking me to set up my date and time upon booting it, and now I'm always using an Internet connection to set it up and then I sign in before playing just in case. As far as I know I'm on the latest firmware.

The internal clock on PS3 keeps working with an internal battery, since you left the console unplugged for so long, the battery drained and died.

Most computers also have this system to keep the internal clock running.

The only way to prevent this from happening is having the PS3 plugged every month to check if it asks you to enter the date, as long as it doesn't, the internal clock's battery is still healthy, so just keep it on standby for a couple of hours in order to keep the battery in good shape.

• Like 2