Digital only Vita games from different regions.

Ikenda

I have seen platinums in some accounts from games on the Vita that are digital only but the account had both platinums from the US and EU version. My question is if that is possible without modding the Vita and if is not possible then why is not considered as cheating? 

Take a look here.

4 minutes ago, Ikenda said:

My question is if that is possible without modding the Vita and if is not possible then why is not considered as cheating?

It is my understanding that is isn't considered cheating because the person still has to actually play the game. The "mod" only allows the user to play a game from a different region, in order to earn trophies you still have to put in all the work yourself. 

Parker

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Parker said:

Take a look here.

It is my understanding that is isn't considered cheating because the person still has to actually play the game. The "mod" only allows the user to play a game from a different region, in order to earn trophies you still have to put in all the work yourself. 

Parker

Ok that clears things up for the trophies. But what if the person pirates games. Can you make a distinction between a legitimate bought digital game and a pirated one? Or pirated games are also ok as long the person plays them and put in the effort. Because a modder can take advantage of downloading pirated digital games and stay ahead of people who can't buy them.

Thanks for the clearance, that explains everything. Cheers! 

43 minutes ago, kingdrake2 said:

all of the digital only games available through PSN can't be pirated, they're actually locked behind the main user who bought it for vita anyway unless using that (vita trick).

Thanks for the clearance, that explains everything. Cheers!